PDA

View Full Version : Optimization dragonborn shenanigans

Confusing Zark
2017-05-17, 02:06 AM
So I was looking over some of the unearthed arcana stuff for a spear and shield champion I was working on and I saw the Dragonborn feat specifically dragonhide and draconic wings and it got me thinking what sort of havoc could I pull with those. This is all just bare bones with a simple gimic please add on to it if you like.

SO I MADE A FLYING TOTEM BARBARIAN OF DEATHH!

I rolled a 16, 17, 17, 13, 15, 13 for his stats and I figured why not be red, so he is a red Dragonborn.

Red Scare

Entertainer background

Skills Acrobatics, Athletics, Perception, Performance
Movement speed 30
LVL 1
Str: 18
Dex: 17
Con: 17
Int: 13
Wis: 15
Cha: 14

AC: 18

Items: Spear, shield, pants, random pack
LVL 3 Totem Spirit Eagle
at 4th level, he would take Dragonhide which I will use to increase his Str by 1 and he gains retractable claws which give him a 1d4 to his unarmed strike that does slash damage and the best part a +1 to his AC

Red Scare
LVL 4
Str: 19

AC: 19

Items: Spear, shield, better pants, random pack
LVL 6 Aspect of the Beast Bear

At 8th level I went for Dragon Wings which gives me a 20' flying speed so long as I am not in heavy armor or exceeding my carrying capacity. He should have a +2 shield by this point increasing his AC to 21

Red Scare
Movement speed 40, Fly speed 20
LVL 8

AC: 21
Items: Spear,+2 shield, fancy pants, random pack

At 12th level, I went with the Mobile feat as Corran suggested.

Red Scare
Movement speed 50, Fly speed 20
LVL 12

AC: 22
Items: +2 Spear,+2 shield, fancier pants, random pack

at 14th level is where the character goes full cheese. He picks the Totemic Attunement Eagle for his final path. This gives ups his flying to 50' which is amazing! Normaly you have to land or else you will fall when your turn ends, however "you fall if you end your turn in the air and nothing else is holding you aloft." Red Scare has a natural flight speed of 20 so when I end my turn I don't fall because I can still fly. Have fun

Red Scare
Movement speed 50, Fly speed 50
LVL 14

AC: 21
Items: +2 Spear,+2 shield, fancier pants, random pack

At level 16 I just upped my Str and Con by 1

Red Scare
LVL 16
Str: 20
Con: 18

AC: 23
Items: +2 Spear,+2 shield, fanciest pants, random pack
By lvl 17 I should come across a legendary concosumble item

Red Scare
LVL 19
Str: 20
Con: 20

AC: 24
Items: +2 Spear,+3 shield, fanciest pants, random pack

Red Scare
LVL 20
Str: 26
Dex: 19
Con: 26

AC: 28
Items: +2 Spear,+3 shield, fanciest pants, random pack, Manual of Quickness of Action, Manual of Gainful Exercise, Manual of Bodily Health
So he has 29 AC and has 40' fly movement and never stops raging with his +2 spear ALL WHILE NAKED!

Corran
2017-05-17, 04:08 AM
So he has 29 AC and has 40' fly movement and never stops raging with his +2 spear ALL WHILE NAKED!
Lies!
Below I present my evidence:

Items: +2 Spear,+3 shield, fanciest pants, random pack
Please, alter to half-naked or to no pants (I vote for the no pants option).

On a more serious note.

There is something wrong with your stats at level 20. They should be 24/18/24 (and not 26/20/26).

So... the trick is to pair the eagle totem lvl 14 ability with innate flight? Which basically amounts to just improving your flying speed from 20 to 40 feet? Dont see anything broken with that. At least nothing more broken than having innate flight in the first place. Perhaps you should try to exploit this with feats like mobile and the one from the UA about weapon feats (talking about that one feat about spears, I believe it increased their reach; maybe you should look into that).

Confusing Zark
2017-05-17, 01:50 PM
Lies!
Below I present my evidence:

Please, alter to half-naked or to no pants (I vote for the no pants option).

On a more serious note.

There is something wrong with your stats at level 20. They should be 24/18/24 (and not 26/20/26).

So... the trick is to pair the eagle totem lvl 14 ability with innate flight? Which basically amounts to just improving your flying speed from 20 to 40 feet? Dont see anything broken with that. At least nothing more broken than having innate flight in the first place. Perhaps you should try to exploit this with feats like mobile and the one from the UA about weapon feats (talking about that one feat about spears, I believe it increased their reach; maybe you should look into that).

I gave him Manual of Quickness of Action, Manual of Gainful Exercise, Manual of Bodily Health which bumped him up to 26/20/26

Mobile sounds like fun, maybe get a bag of holding and a crud ton of acid flasks