PDA

View Full Version : Expanded spell list, how fo they work?

Azazel_Unbound
2017-05-17, 10:26 AM
So, as stated above, this confuses me. Does one just need to reach the caster level requirment or have the class the list comes from at the appropriate level?

lunaticfringe
2017-05-17, 10:30 AM
Read the Class entry?

Millstone85
2017-05-17, 10:33 AM
Warlock spells are listed on page 210 of the PHB.

Depending on your otherworldly patron, you add more spells to that list, expanding it.

Then you choose your spells as normal.

Azazel_Unbound
2017-05-17, 10:37 AM
I see this as my error here: Does it still apply if one caster class say...expanded into warlock? With this, say you have 18 lvls into one class and you dip warlock (for simplicity of the question). Do you get all added spells 1-5th level or only the first level spells?

Flashy
2017-05-17, 10:44 AM
I see this as my error here: Does it still apply if one caster class say...expanded into warlock? With this, say you have 18 lvls into one class and you dip warlock (for simplicity of the question). Do you get all added spells 1-5th level or only the first level spells?

1. Caster classes are considered independently for the purposes of spells known/prepared. You could only learn 1st level Warlock spells if you only had a single level of Warlock.

2. The Warlock expanded spells are not like Cleric domain spells, you do not automatically get them. Instead, they are additional options you may select as spells known. You still need to use a spell known slot to learn each individual one.

Azazel_Unbound
2017-05-17, 10:45 AM
Thank you, that clarifies it for me. I seemed to have been getting stuff mixed