PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Akashic Catalysts question and a question about Gaze

thecrimsondawn
2017-05-17, 11:45 AM
By its wording, is this just a cloth that can go on any slot you can wear a veil and you can take off and change as needed, or is it designed and set during the time of crafting? Its looking like a flexible wondrous item that takes up an item slot.

One other question

One veil gives the gaze special quality that you can activate as a standard action. Once activated, would all my foes who can see me within 30ft need to make the save, or is it a focus on target only ability?

Ssalarn
2017-05-17, 02:13 PM
By its wording, is this just a cloth that can go on any slot you can wear a veil and you can take off and change as needed, or is it designed and set during the time of crafting? Its looking like a flexible wondrous item that takes up an item slot.

Yes, it can be repurposed for any of the referenced slots. It's a wondrous item that occupies a flexible slot, not something locked to a slot at crafting.

One other question

One veil gives the gaze special quality that you can activate as a standard action. Once activated, would all my foes who can see me within 30ft need to make the save, or is it a focus on target only ability?

It's treated like a traditional gaze attack as referenced under the universal monster rules, so once it's been activated any enemy within the radius would need to either avert their eyes, wear a blindfold, or something similar to avoid being affected.

NomGarret
2017-05-23, 01:28 PM
It's also worth remembering that opponents save at the beginning of their turn, not yours, and you can as a standard action force an additional save on one specific target.