PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Soulknife Optimism

Lye
2017-05-17, 12:03 PM
A couple things:

1. Dual Wielding without Dual Wielding

Psionic Weapon's focus ability seems to imply adding stats to damage with your offhand mind blade post 6.

2. Booming Blade and Brute Force

d8's of damage on target's willing movement, d8's on hit. Only costs a reaction, on either the mainhand of offhand strike, to slap them away from you, forcing melee opponents to make that movement willingly.

Green flame blade could be used to nearly the same effect if you run into something immune to thunder. The knockback becomes useless, but there's some extra damage to compensate.

c. Insane INT synergy

All a soulknife uses INT for is save DC's. Adding in 2 levels of wizard Leads to a sitting AC of 25, 30 in a pinch with what wizard brings. Battledance, mage armor, shield. Bonuses to concentration are also nice.

Blade ward can also be used to decent effect. Resistance to physical damage while slapping baddies with the offhand for probably something like 2d8+9 base. This gets bigger with things like colossus slayer and sneak attack if you're going to multiclass further.

4. Multiclassing is Encouraged

Soulknife is 9 levels long. It's sad, but it's helpful at the same time.

These are my thoughts.

DragonSorcererX
2017-05-17, 12:19 PM
4. I don't think Multiclass is really encouraged, starting at level 11 you get best thing from the Mystic that is multiple concentration, this way you can simply pump everything you have in that one attack vs AC 10 from that 14th level feature... and at level 20 this is auto hit...

Sicarius Victis
2017-05-17, 12:52 PM
I'd like to point out that dual-wielding the Knives does, in fact, function as normal dual-wielding. Thus, you can only get the offhand attack when you specifically take the Attack action. So no offhand attacks with BB/GFB or Phantom Knife.