PDA

View Full Version : Monk attack

hogan
2017-05-17, 05:13 PM
Good evening to you.
I have a question, I play in a group at epic levels and we are at 34, I play a monk and the only other pure melee caracter is a barbarian. We have a lot of issues to defeat enemis and where the barbarian have only little problem to make damage I have a little more. So I was wondering, there is a way to obtain more attacks with the monk? I mean with feats or similar. I know only haste and the estra attack that come with KI power.

Thaks and sorry if there are mistakes in writing.

Shark Uppercut
2017-05-17, 07:46 PM
Honestly, I'd say this is a more relevant question for the 3.5 forum rather than Roleplaying. So unless there's a good reason, I'll hope a mod moves it there. Maybe you should message one?

On topic, there's probably a ton of ways to improve your melee damage. First, shake your spellcasters down for better buffs than just Haste. If you have access to Complete Divine or Spell Compendium, Clerics and Druids have multiple buffs at every conceivable spell level.
From Tome of Battle, the feat Snap Kick gives an extra attack, like Rapidshot for melee.
3.5 has a hard time letting monks bypass weird damage reduction with just their fists. They can be adamantine lawful magic fists, but that's it without exploring alternate class features. Unless you're using manufactured weapons?

hogan
2017-05-19, 03:08 PM
Sorry if I'm in the wrong area but i'm not practical with internet, i live in the mountains:smallmad:

As a weapon I use big gloves and our spellcaster is a Battle Caster too focused on his ego to help others, Then there are an investigator and a shaman.
Moreover we are often divided or alone so that's because I'm looking a way too increase the maximum number of attacks without the help of others.:smallamused:

EvulOne
2017-05-19, 03:41 PM
Defensive Sweep allows you an attack of opportunity at your full base if your foes don't move during their action in that round I believe.

The_Jette
2017-05-19, 03:46 PM
Are you playing a level 34 non-multiclassed Monk? If so... why? After level 20, there's literally no reason to continue with Monk. Level 20 Monk, level 14 Cleric would have been a better option. You could have healing and buff spells by now. Multiclass!