PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] PrCs Requiring "Caster Level"

Thurbane
2017-05-17, 05:25 PM
Can anyone help me compile a list of PrCs (and maybe feats as well) that require a caster level, but not specifically spell casting?

Note: some will specify arcane caster or divine caster level, and some will simply call out caster level.

Cheers - T

Troacctid
2017-05-17, 05:43 PM
The spreadsheet in my signature might be helpful.

Thurbane
2017-05-18, 02:52 AM
Troacctid, your spreadsheet is very impressive, but I wonder if someone might post some examples so I don't have to dredge through it. Maybe you could be kind enough?

I spend most of my work hours staring at spreadsheets, I'd rather not in my downtime. :smalltongue:

Troacctid
2017-05-18, 03:04 AM
What, you do all that work with spreadsheets and you don't know how to filter? :smalltongue:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1geywITbI4M-Up08SGD-rUHlnobR66aIgKqu7mILkmhU/edit#gid=691970088&fvid=626439793

weckar
2017-05-18, 03:09 AM
Oh please, every time you look at a digital image you're looking at a colored spreadsheet :smalltongue:

Thurbane
2017-05-18, 03:32 AM
So...

Acolyte of the Skin
Blood Magus
Daggerspell Mage
Enlightened Fist
Escalation Mage
Green Star Adept
Maester
Primal Scholar
Sand Shaper
Virtuoso
Wild Mage

...that's it (I've removed psionic classes)? And of those, only the bolded don't care about arcane or divine?

More limited than what I expected.

Oh please, every time you look at a digital image you're looking at a colored spreadsheet :smalltongue:

I see what you did there. :smallbiggrin:

Troacctid
2017-05-18, 03:33 AM
Well, those are the ones that also advance your spellcasting. There might be others that don't improve casting, but require a caster level.

weckar
2017-05-18, 03:38 AM
Basically look at any list of "prestige classes a Warlock can take". The requirements are frankly the same.

Kaleph
2017-05-18, 03:53 AM
Don't Forget human paragon. Actually, it doesn't even require a caster Level entry, and on the other side doesn't care about arcane or divine. Actually, I'd rule by RAW that it applies also to psionic powers...

Lazymancer
2017-05-18, 05:49 AM
What exactly is the purpose of your question?

If you want to qualify with the spell-like abilities, there are also prerequisites based on spell-level (for example, Paragnostic Apostle and Mindbender, but the latter also needs arcane caster level).

As for the feats: item crafting feats come to mind.

Thurbane
2017-05-18, 06:46 PM
Don't Forget human paragon. Actually, it doesn't even require a caster Level entry, and on the other side doesn't care about arcane or divine. Actually, I'd rule by RAW that it applies also to psionic powers...

Not looking for things that advance CL as such; looking at entry reqs.

What exactly is the purpose of your question?

If you want to qualify with the spell-like abilities, there are also prerequisites based on spell-level (for example, Paragnostic Apostle and Mindbender, but the latter also needs arcane caster level).

As for the feats: item crafting feats come to mind.

Idle curiosity more than anything.

Was wondering if you have innate SLAs or similar, if there are any nice things they can qualify you for in and of themselves.

Thanks for the item crafting feats! Great suggestion.

Troacctid
2017-05-18, 08:40 PM
Innate SLAs can also qualify you for stuff that requires the specific spell. There's a fair amount of those.