PDA

View Full Version : Enhancing a Deflection Bonus?

SangoProduction
2017-05-17, 09:34 PM
I got from this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?524672-Can-specific-armors-be-enchanted-further), that specific armors can be enchanted as though they were just armor.

So, I present the Shadow Veil from Libris Mortis, which grants +2 Deflection bonus, and 20% concealment. Would giving it a +1 magic bonus like, give it an actual armor bonus, or improve its Deflection bonus?

Zanos
2017-05-17, 09:48 PM
Isn't that a magic item and not armor? If it's just a wondrous item, the same thing that happens when you add an enhancement bonus to a ring of deflection, you can't.

If it's "armor" then adding an enhancement bonus is going to give it an armor bonus of 0 + X(Enhancement bonus).

SangoProduction
2017-05-17, 10:00 PM
Isn't that a magic item and not armor? If it's just a wondrous item, the same thing that happens when you add an enhancement bonus to a ring of deflection, you can't.

If it's "armor" then adding an enhancement bonus is going to give it an armor bonus of 0 + X(Enhancement bonus).

It is under "specific armor," so I would think it's magic armor. OK, so it would just give it an armor bonus. Thanks.

EDIT: that sounded sarcastic. that was not the intent.

Starbuck_II
2017-05-17, 11:37 PM
Pretty cheap for bonus effect so not a bad deal.