PDA

View Full Version : Need some suggestions for a Killoren

JellyPooga
2007-08-01, 06:53 PM
For a good while now, I've been in possession of a fair few REAPER miniatures and have decided to start statting them for D&D, so that I might actually use one in a game (to date, I've not even used one yet).

Most of them I've statted as exactly what they look like, but I wanted a couple to be something slightly different. Looking through the books I have, I re-encountered the Killoren race from Races of the Wild and decided that I'd paint one of the models I have to be a Killoren ('cos I think they're cool).

Reading the description, it says that they resemble Elves somewhat, but for their skin, eyes and hair being a different colour (I don't go by the crappy picture they have of Killoren...the one that doesn't match the description at all, if you ask me). So I pull out all the Elf/Elf-like models I have and decide that this (http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/album04/Niennefront_mr) one (http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/album04/Nienneback_mr) is probably the best for painting as a Killoren (please note that the linked pic is not my paint-job, as much as I'd like it to be :smallbiggrin: . I only use those particular links because they give a view of her back, whilst the other (http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/2900s/2909_G), un-painted, pic-link I could use does not)

Which brings me to my problem; I don't know quite how to stat her. I would like her to have some levels in Warlock and potentially get up to an effective Warlock 'spellcasting' level of 11 or 12 (whether that's through literally taking Warlock levels or taking a PrC that advances spellcasting progression). This is simply because I like the idea of a Killoren with Warlock 'casting' (not so much the other abilities it gets though) and that outstreched hand looks far to much like she's casting someting not to make use of it :smalltongue: . However, the model has what is clearly a longsword and a longbow (though it doesn't look that long in the pic, the sword is too big to be a shortsword IMO)...proficiency in either being something that a Warlock lacks. The overall "nature-y" outdoorsman feel to the model suggests Ranger or Scout, but equally this could be achieved with Druid or Spirit Shaman...which made me think that potentially Geomancer might make a good character, what with the whole Drift and Ley Lines things going on (fits my idea of what makes a good Killoren character), but that would require a 3rd (arcane) casting class to qualify for it (RAW...either that or I'd have to dump the Warlock casting) and still doesn't provide longsword or longbow proficiency.

After that, I considered a whole host of different builds and options, but none of them really sat well with me (most involved far too much multiclassing for my liking or 'essential' abilities to the concept were gained too late in her career to be useful or relevant). So here I am, asking you guys for suggestions on how you would make this model as a Killoren. The only essentials are as follows:

1)Killoren race
2)Casting of some description (Warlock, Spirit Shaman, Druid, Other Arcane, Other Divine; in order of preference)
3)Outdoorsy/Woodsman type (in some capacity)
4)Longsword and longbow proficiency

[Books available: Core (PHB, DMG, MM), Complete (Warrior, Divine, Adventurer, Arcane), Races of (the Wild, the Dragon, Destiny), Libris Mortis and, obviously, anything under OGL/in the SRD]

Thanks for any help you can give.