PDA

View Full Version : No Small Task

ThymeTwoDye
2017-05-18, 12:34 AM
~ Hello and welcome to ThymeTwoDye's first online adventure ~

...Where I'm the DM. I think that we will be able to keep this up for a while as everyone participates and I somehow adapt to the challenges of online dungeons and dragons, so I'm pretty confident about this one.

The working title for the adventure is "No Small Task", though this may or may not end up being relevant to what happens in the story. Honestly just ignore the title.

For those tuning in, this is a 3.5 edition adventure with five adventurers at 5th level.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MANUAL OF STYLE

I was going to make a separate post to act like a template to the rules, but there's not much to write here in the introduction so I'm putting this template in with the first post. The main thing is that out of character text is in maroon, and in character text is in black.

Mocean scratches at his short, scruffy beard and nods sympathetically, though he doesn't really care about what has just been said. He glances again at his cards.

"Cursed by a shaman, that's rough. That's real rough." He says, scanning his hand with a neutral expression. "Real rough, I feel sorry for you. And you raised ten, that's rough too."

He lifts ten gold pieces and tosses them onto the pile.

So that's basically what posts will look like I think. If there's a huge need for information to be available for one person but not others, I'ill directly message them the info, but honestly I probably won't do that even if it preserves realism, since it just turns into too much of a hassle.

Also, at some point you should pin a stat block for your character as a signature, like the stat block on this post (though this one might actually get removed from this post when I change my signature, I'm not sure).

A thread titled "This is how you use the dice roller" on this website is your resource for the built-in dice rolling system. I'm going to use this code to roll dice in the forums instead of rolling elsewhere and reporting.

I'll start us off when we're ready.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-05-20, 09:09 PM
A warm wind ripples through the canopy of the Esdar Forest, stirring the strange, pastel leaves above like an ocean of waxy shingles. Beams of light fall on a well-kept dirt path below, where five travelers now tread. The five are three days’ travel from their destination: the hilltop city of Skarrise, the capital of this small, strange country of Carembal, still famous for its pristine beauty despite a burden of several large wars in the recent past.

Though it has been a long journey for each, the five travelers now draw near to their goal, and though there is no telling what trials still await them in Carembal, there is certainly nothing which can endanger their chances of reaching Skarrise. After all, these are no ordinary travelers, but brave and formidable adventurers, each a terror for the monstrous and an aspiration for the young. These are the sorts of people who, given time, will be made into legends. And their names are…

Go ahead and each introduce your characters, including appearance, background, and motivation.

Space-Is-Curved
2017-05-22, 09:12 PM
...Caoilfhionn Lendlelow. Standing at 3'4" (four-and-a-half in boots), she moved at a fairly brisk walk to keep pace with her taller companions. She wiped a handkerchief across her brow; the warmth and exertion were enough for her to have to have broken a sweat without being truly uncomfortable. She smiled up at the windswept canopy above her as she did so, and dappled sunlight, filtered green through the leaves, played dancing shadows over her gnomish features. The light tinged her nut-brown skin into a shade of drab and dulled the auburn of her close-cropped hair, but it elevated her green eyes from bright to striking.

Caoilfhionn wore no armor other than a pair of leather bracers, moving comfortably in woolen breeches and shirt, having stowed her cloak and gloves in the fair weather. She carried a staff, nothing more elaborate than a simple walking stick, but swung it by her side rather than using it for support. On her back was slung a crossbow and pouches on her belt bore bodkin-point bolts.

She carried no other obvious weapons or armor. Her belt carried a smattering of pouches of varying sizes, and a larger leather pouch slung on her back carried a heavy, leather-bound tome. In addition to these, she wore a leather bandolier from her right shoulder to her left hip, holding over a dozen more small leather pouches and pockets. It was in these pouches that she carried the material components for her spells. She carried no other obvious weapons or armor, because she did not need to.

I'm going to add info about her background but I figured it'd be better to go ahead and post something than to keep putting it off. I figure it might take a few days for everyone to get finished with characters and such, so I figured I'd go ahead and break the ice. Gotta start building that momentum!

Also, Caoilfhionn is pronounced Keelin.

FunkyLovetouch
2017-05-23, 07:12 PM
Dennis
Dennis rode his over sized web-slinger down the forest path. Unusually large for an elf, a hulk of a man at 6 feet tall and 200lbs of muscle. He sat completely erect in Harley's saddle, the lower half of his face obscured by a bandanna, his eyes giving no hint of expression behind his tinted spectacles, and a boonie hat deepening the shadows on what little features were visible. His longbow sat strung in his lap, his quiver and shield slung across his back with his longsword on his hip, all within easy reach. Pauldrons of steel adorned his shoulders resting over his chain shirt covered with a leather vest. His bow hand, clad in a half glove of studded leather, played along the string of his bow, ready for anything. His quiet gaze only highlighted by the gentle rhythmic tapping of his steeds eight legs.

bigjazzboy
2017-05-25, 02:46 PM
Trailing just behind Dennis and Harley is, Alssaghir walks along side his hyena companion, Tangu. Alssaghir, a wild elf, is 5'1'' feet tall and of an exceptionally slight build, with legs not much thicker than the spear he uses as a walking stick. Matching his physique, his face is narrow and angled with beady little black eyes. He wears a set of ebony breastplate over top of his clothes, only a few shades darker than his skin. Alssaghir carries on his a long bow and quiver, along with a backpack with a few scroll's worn edges poking out haphazardly. The ever loyal Tangu jogs along beside him, her head coming up to Alssaghir's shoulder. They both walk with their ears up to the wind, ever alert with their senses attuned to the forest, with a calm, glazed look on their eyes despite this caution.

Rat in the Spat
2017-05-26, 05:50 PM
Trailing behind in the back because his taxi was late is Barry Man 'o War, the moderately intelligent and equally as charismatic swashbuckler. Recently, he has been in somewhat of a slump after his wife's ship sunk from a rogue wave. He would have been there for her, but he was home sick with scurvy that day. These days he mostly stumbles from tavern to tavern in search of something to take his mind off his lost love. To give himself some much-needed good luck, he always keeps a locket with a picture of his dead wife, and frequently eats his citrus, so as to stay nice and healthy for his many plunders and adventures. After his frequent runs to the bar, he often awakes to visions of his ghostly wife. He never was sure if it was real or not, but he'll be damned if he's not going to find out.
Barry is fairly tall, standing about 6ft even. His light brown hair is longish and wavy like the sea, which his people always interpreted as a sign that one is destined for greatness, even if Barry never really thought so. He is of a slightly muscular build with a permanent five 'o clock shadow since he never finds much time to keep himself groomed beyond bathing in the local swimming holes. He smells of oranges and rum, and he's always ready to whip someone's leg in order to trip them over and over. His wandering has brought him to the small country of Carembal, where he must not only somehow gain the trust of the locals, but also find a group of unlikely adventurers to help him make something of himself, whether that means uncovering a lost treasure, or fighting the evils Carembal has to offer.

RudeBoy
2017-05-28, 09:52 PM
Rolling over and groaning, Inebrano Myopan groggily got out of his bedroll that morning,- no doubt with a headache on the way- quickly realized that the rest of his friends had begun their travels without him, again. This wasn't unusual, because he knew that they knew that he was always the last one up, and that he would of course catch up with them, as quickly as his short legs would allow.
For being a middle-aged Dwarf, Inebrano makes up for his forgetfulness with his sharp physical skills and speed. Ever since he was young, he wanted to be like the "cool fighters" he saw, but obviously felt that someone of his stature could never be like that. Then he found out about monks, and so decided to follow that path (albeit the role was difficult at times).
Inebrano is a normal Dwarf, with naturally black hair (that is graying) and a glorious beard, which he makes a point to style every day, no matter what (making him even later). He's not the easiest person to interact with, but he is loyal to those he cares about- which is also a small group- and will try his very best to protect them with his skills in strength and speed. He doesn't mind using weapons, but to quote himself, "My fists are the one weapon I trust most in the world".

ThymeTwoDye
2017-05-29, 12:16 PM
I really like everyone's characters, so without further ado...

Upon Inebrano finally catching up with the rest of the group, the woodland trek sinks into a steady, relaxing monotony. The late morning summer air is permeated by a homogeneous racket of cicadas and songbirds, complimented by the rhythms of jingling chain-mail, a panting hyena, and the heavy skittering of Dennis's giant spider mount.

Suddenly, a faint shout from ahead cuts through the background noise. "AAGHH." It seems to be a man's voice calling out in either pain, anger, or frustration, but is also uncannily deep in tone. By the echo it is likely that the shout originated about a mile down the trail from your current location, and would have been very loud at its source. There is only one shout, sustained for half of a second, and followed by silence. The birds and insects of the forest halt only for a moment before continuing their song.

-Roll for listen checks.

I linked in the first post how to roll dice on the site. I think I used to roll this sort of thing for you, but I'd rather have you guys do that sort of thing this adventure just because it's more fun for the player that way.

Also you can post whenever you want to clarify things about your character. And to clarify, the listen check isn't for the shout you all heard.

FunkyLovetouch
2017-05-29, 06:25 PM
Roll: 19
Modifier: 10
Total: 29 listen check

ThymeTwoDye
2017-05-29, 08:10 PM
Since Andrew asked how to find the dice roller, just search "this is how you use the dice roller" into google to find the thread.

bigjazzboy
2017-06-01, 01:21 PM
[roll0]

why is there a minimum character amount for these

Space-Is-Curved
2017-06-01, 02:04 PM
Caoilfhionn's listen attempt: [roll0]

RudeBoy
2017-06-04, 12:06 PM
1d20+2
7+2 = 9

Inebrano's listen check
(Had to do it from an external dice roller because even though I put the exact code in, I guess it didn't want to work.)

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-05, 09:44 PM
To summarize recent events: Grant has left and will be missed, the SRD dice roller is fine (and honestly kind of preferred cause I'm not loving the way the formatting looks for the embedded one), and we are ready to get this thing moving proper. Get hype.

Barry Man'O'War? The name brings up good memories, but their previous companion had abandoned them in their journey months ago, and his fate is yet a mystery.

In the silence following the yell, Allsaghir and Dennis hear a faint, rhythmic thunk emerge from the same location, with a frequency of one thunk every two or three seconds, with relative consistency. To Dennis, the sound seems to resemble wood struck by an axe.

What do you do?

FunkyLovetouch
2017-06-06, 08:53 AM
Dennis ***** his head towards the sound and in his low gravely voice says "We might have a woodcutter, but as far out from a village as we are and that shriek we heard early makes me think otherwise. Lets move in carefully."
Dennis changes Harley's direction towards the sound, but does not significantly change his pace.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-06, 12:03 PM
Giantitp doesn't like your choice of words.

The sound is more or less the direction that the trail is heading, but is too far to tell if it's on the trail or not. The group could stick to the path for now, or attempt as direct a route as possible and go through the woods beside it.

Space-Is-Curved
2017-06-06, 11:00 PM
Upon hearing the distant shout, Caoilfhionn's mind opens to full bore. For the briefest of moments, she looks for someone she knows is not there - someone she had once sworn to protect with her very life. She had traveled with her current companions for some time, some years in the case of Dennis, and they had protected her as often as she had protected them, but centuries of training had left their mark on her reflexes. She drops into a defensive stance, raising her staff in her right hand as her left goes to the pouches hung across her chest.

Hearing Dennis's measured response, Caoilfhionn nods subtly and resumes her steady pace. She follows just behind and to the right of Harley and Dennis, actively scanning ahead and to the right as she walks.

Whether Dennis chooses to go off-trail or stay on course, she follows him.

bigjazzboy
2017-06-06, 11:02 PM
Allsaghir ***** his ears towards the sound as well. "I hear it too, aye. If it be the woodcutters, we don't like the sound of it. I say we go to take the looks of it." He follows close behind Dennis, Tangu at his heel and his spear in hand.

You goin through the woods Andrew? Or Sticking pathward?

FunkyLovetouch
2017-06-07, 11:09 AM
Dennis will stick to the trail, picking up the pace to the spider equivalent of a brisk walk.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-07, 11:31 AM
Inebrano, Caoilfhionn, Alssaghir, and Dennis press onward down the trail. The chopping sound grows louder as you approach it, and by now everyone in the group has tuned into the noise.

In times like these, the group walks in a particular tactically useful marching order. In addition, each probably has a weapon equipped in case the situation warrants violence.

What is your marching order, and what equipment do you have out?

Space-Is-Curved
2017-06-07, 11:35 PM
I had assumed that Dennis was leading, with Caoilfhionn behind and on the right (she defends with her staff, which she carries with her right hand) and Allsaghir directly to her left, behind Dennis. He holds a spear that he could jab or throw across his body, covering his left (assuming he is right handed), and Tengu is close on his heels (possibly directly behind Dennis and Harley). This leaves Inebrano to take up the rear, which would make sense given his penchant for late mornings in camp. Does that work for everyone?

I figured it fit what we've said so far, and it would let us collapse from a 1-2-1 into a 1-3 with Caoilfhionn in the middle if the attack was only from the front, or into various 1-1-1-1's if single file was necessary. How wide is the trail?

Also, how is Inebrano Myopan pronounced? And Allsaghir? For that matter, are there any tricks to pronouncing Tengu, Dennis, or Harley?

FunkyLovetouch
2017-06-08, 11:01 AM
That order sounds fine by me. Though don't count on me tanking, I'll probably just skitter off to the side when we get to combat.
And Dennis is pronounced: d EH - n ih s

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-08, 12:59 PM
All names are pronounced "Teng-gu" except Tengu, which is pronounced Mike.

But I do like Aaron's plan for formation. Also, just to make sure, Harley is 10/10 ft and Tengu is 5/5 ft?

Space-Is-Curved
2017-06-08, 06:49 PM
Harley is 10/10 ft
I believe Harley has 8 feet.

FunkyLovetouch
2017-06-09, 11:01 AM
Harley is 10x10ft but does have 8 feet, so do with that as you may.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-09, 12:06 PM
Dennis takes the lead atop Harley. Caoilfhionn walks behind his right shoulder, and Allsaghir behind his left shoulder, Tengu by his side on the outside of the group. Inebrano walks just behind the rest.

The group proceeds cautiously toward the noise, and eventually they reach the point where the origin of the chopping diverts off of the trail, to the left. A large pocket of low foliage-density seems to take shape about fifty feet away from the path, in which the sound arises, but there is a wild hedge of saplings and shrubbery cutting it off, so they cannot fully see into it. It is not quite a clearing, since the sunlight does not appear to enter in; it merely seems from the acoustics and small glimpses that it is a region without trunks and vegetation.

In addition to the chopping sounds, the group hears an occasional, deep grunt.

What do you do?

Space-Is-Curved
2017-06-10, 09:31 PM
Caoilfhionn steps closer to Harley, patting her left hand on its hind right leg to make sure the giant creature isn't surprised by her presence. She then crooks the fingers of her left hand into a stance of evocation and traces her mind over the mental and physical motions required to cast out a bolt of pure arcane force. She reminds herself that she has no charge here, no one whom she has promised to protect, and decides that she will only let loose her destructive magic if she or another party member is attacked first.

Caoilfhionn prepares to cast Magic Missile immediately upon any attack or spell-cast targeting her or any member of the party. She will refrain from casting and wait for her turn in initiative order if one of her party attacks first and is attacked in response. She will also follow Harley (or Dennis, if he dismounts) closely if one or the other chooses to move into the false clearing.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-10, 10:05 PM
Cool stuff.

Remember you guys can discuss your next course of action in character if you want to formulate a plan.

FunkyLovetouch
2017-06-11, 02:45 PM
Harley and Dennis are going to cautiously proceed into the clearing.

bigjazzboy
2017-06-13, 04:21 PM
Allsaghir (all-sa'here) and Tengu (mike) step aside slightly, looking beyond Harley as they walk long towards the sound, their stances lowered slightly. He holds his low by his side, keeping his free hand tight against his spellpouch.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-13, 09:26 PM
Harley brings Dennis up to the open space, and Dennis parts the branches for all to see.

The area is a circle 80 feet in diameter without any vegetation save for a thick, proportionally squat oak tree in its center, surrounded by a ring of small puddles. The center tree, old and gnarled, is about fifteen feet thick, and stops at the forest's ordinary canopy height to extend its branches over the whole circle, shading the clearing from the sun.

Facing away from the group, shoulders slumped, a giant humanoid (tall as the tree is thick) hacks rhythmically at the tree with a large, silver battleaxe. The being's skin is pale enough to nearly glow, and its ragged long hair draped over its chain shirt glistens a light, celestial blue.

The being has made a dent about a fifth of the way through the tree. At its feet, kept just out of a puddle, is a large burlap sack, closed, that looks to be half filled with objects unknown.

What do you do?

Space-Is-Curved
2017-06-14, 12:02 AM
Remaining as silent as possible, Caoilfhionn follows Dennis into the clearing. She sees the giant and maintains her spellcasting stance, ready to let loose her magic if provoked. She gently touches the spider on the soft spot between chitinous tissue at the joint between the tibia and metatarsus at a height roughly between her own elbow and shoulder. She knows, however, that she lacks the conversational skill to be the spokes-one of the group, and waits for another to decide how conversation should begin. Assuming, of course, that conversation is preferred to more direct interaction.

She holds her spell ready until her next action (or until attacked) no matter how friendly the giant seems. Move silently mod is 0 if it matters.
Knowledge (Nature) +3 untrained for actual knowledge of those spider leg terms,
but she knows where to signal it either way because of time spent with Harley, and might know the words because of time spent with Dennis.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-14, 09:25 AM
The figure makes no notice as the group approaches slightly.

Aaron do you need to decide what spell Caoilfhionn has prepared? Also, what is everyone's charisma stat and associated skill bonuses?

Space-Is-Curved
2017-06-15, 01:04 AM
Caoilfhionn has Magic Missile prepared, which I said in my previous post and forgot to mention again. She can't technically ready an action until her turn after initiative order has been established, so if she is surprised or the enemy has higher initiative and acts while she is flat footed, she won't be able to respond until her actual turn and will be able to change her mind.

Caoilfhionn's Charisma is 8, for a -1 modifier, with no other modifier in any Charisma-based skills.

FunkyLovetouch
2017-06-15, 09:46 AM
I have Charisma 8 btw, so I probably shouldn't negotiate. But I'd like to make a Knowledge Nature roll to see if I can determine anything about what this creature is or what it may be doing.
Roll: 3
Modifier: 8
Total: 11

FunkyLovetouch
2017-06-15, 09:58 AM
Actually, I will open a conversation, but I'd like this to kind of take place after everyone else decides if they want to make Knowledge checks. Also, depending on the results of my check or others I may want to change this,
I just want to try and get the ball rolling if that's alright.
"Hey there friend, you know there are a lot better tools to cut down a tree than battle axe."
Dennis speaks in his low gravely voice

bigjazzboy
2017-06-15, 01:50 PM
My charisma score is 7, and Allsaghir doesn't have the best grasp of common and speaks with a heavy wildelven accent so I'll leave diplomacy to someone else.
Allsaghir and Tengu let out a low growl at the sight of a tree being treated so barbarically, drawing themselves ever lower to the ground and keeping their eyes on the giant.
At Dennis's words, Allsaghir chimes in, barking out "Aye, you oughts to stop that quick ya oaf"
I get a minus 3 to every knowledge skill, so I doubt I'll be getting much from that anyway.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-15, 07:49 PM
It sounds like diplomacy might be up to Inebrano, but given that Casey doesn't post as frequently as some of you guys it would probably be best if Andrew or Aaron took the main reigns as negotiator.

I'll wait till Casey makes a post about what she's doing before I describe any more for now.

By the way, as a general rule, once in a conversation you guys can collude about things among yourselves in character for as long as you want without the NPCs feeling awkward or listening in. In combat you might have to get more clever with discussing plans.

RudeBoy
2017-06-16, 03:21 AM
Inebrano sidles up behind Allsaghir and Tengu, sort of peeking out to the side, yet still in clear view of the figure in question.
He crosses his arms and twists his face, staring at this odd being. He's not intimidated in the least and blurts out in his thick Dwarven accent, "Hey bud, you're a bit far from any town. You live around here?"

Inebrano's Charisma is an 8 -1 (+1 in Diplomacy). I think this is his lowest ability score, to be honest. He DOES have Automatic Language, however. Though I'm not sure how much that can help.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-16, 03:50 PM
The highest charisma score among you all is an 8. May God have mercy on your souls.

Dennis attempts to deduce the nature of the being, and recalls that its proportions and size appear consistent with that of some sort of giant.

The giant turns to face the group. It has a long thin beard as blue as its hair and deep-set eyes that betray an unexpected flicker of intelligence. He looks at the group in surprise for a moment, and then immediately his face turns to a grimace of rage.

"WHO ARE YOU? WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS WHERE I LIVE AND WHAT I DO?" He booms, his voice deep and gravelly. He grips the axe tight.

FunkyLovetouch
2017-06-16, 03:58 PM
Our charisma guy dropped out, so we'll just have to play this adventure with the Old West rules of negotiating. That is to say, we're probably going to end up in a lot of fights.

"Calm down there buddy, we're just passing through and heard you going to town on that tree.
Any particular reason you're brutalizing hard woods?" Dennis says in a level voice

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-16, 04:09 PM
"THIS TREE AND WHAT I DO TO IT IS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN." The giant yells.

FunkyLovetouch
2017-06-16, 04:16 PM
So I don't know about you guys but I feel like we should probably just be on our way. I mean he's just chilling in the woods and chopping down a tree doesn't automatically make you evil, or a threat.

Space-Is-Curved
2017-06-17, 11:28 PM
Caoilfhionn gives a perfunctory nod to the giant humanoid in response.

"Our apologies for the intrusion. My companions and I meant you no offense."

Turning towards the rest of the party, she continues. "We were only passing by and will be on our way."

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-19, 12:21 PM
The giant merely stares at Caoilfhionn, placing himself between the group and the tree, intensely awaiting your departure.

Caoilfhionn, the copy-pasted one, whose name shall never be typed out from memory.

bigjazzboy
2017-06-19, 01:33 PM
Allsaghir's eyes dart back and forth between the giant, the tree, and over his left shoulder toward his brother Aldaba's presence. His frusturation builds quickly during the short exchange, until he finally yells out in a shriek of elven, "You bastard of a giant! That tree's twice the man you'll ever be! (for those that speak elven)"
Then, he lets his spear fly with all of his might towards the giant

[roll0]

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-19, 01:53 PM
The spear soars through the air and strikes the giant in his right shoulder. It remains embedded for a second, and then slips out, leaving a small, bloodless indent in the giant's callous skin. Unflinching, the giant catches the spear on its fall and snaps it in half, dropping the splintered pieces onto the ground.

The giant steps forward toward Allsaghir. He gestures at Dennis. "THE ONE ON THE SPIDER HAS MADE AN EXCELLENT POINT. THIS AXE IS HARDLY SUITED FOR CHOPPING TREES, SKINNY MAN."

FunkyLovetouch
2017-06-19, 03:55 PM
"Hey now, let's not get carried away. My friend here is just odd fella, and uhhh sometimes he likes to greet new new folk that way. Didn't mean no harm. No why don't we be on our way and you have yourself a pleasant time chopping up that there tree, alright?" Dennis said in the gravely approximation of a soothing tone.

I'm rolling for bluff/diplomacy, I don't know which is more applicable but I have the same modifier for both.
Roll:5
Modifier: -1
Total: 4
My bad guys

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-19, 05:08 PM
The giant glares at Dennis, and then back to Allsaghir, grotesque anger washing over his face. He lifts the axe over his head, and then hurls it forward at Allsaghir.

The greataxe embeds itself in the earth at Allsaghir's feet. The giant smiles, hands on his hips. "YOU ARE LUCKY THAT FINDING THIS TREE TODAY HAS PUT ME IN A VERY GOOD MOOD, MOST HOURS I WOULD HAVE KILLED A TROOP OF ELVES LIKE YOU FOR SIMPLY INTERRUPTING MY BREAKFAST. I WILL SPARE YOU ALL - IF YOU DO SOMETHING FOR ME."

Space-Is-Curved
2017-06-19, 10:32 PM
Caoilfhionn watches the proceedings cautiously. Her right hand holds her staff away from her body but angled in what she hopes appears to be an un-aggressive posture. Her left hand is down by her side, but she keeps her fingers crooked in a position of evocation and slowly moves them along the necessary paths. She watches the giant, but part of her mind begins to find and arrange the glyphs into syllables that she would shout.

The giant moves to throw his axe. Caoilfhionn hesitates. Every instinct, both born and trained, tells her to loose a missile of energy into the giant's abdomen. But Caoilfhionn hesitates. She watches with wretched horror as the axe flies toward Allsaghir. She watches with impossible relief as it lands short. Her hand goes limp and she lets the glyphs fade into her subconscious once again, only registering what the giant had said a second after he had finished speaking.

Caoilfhionn had sworn no oath to Allsaghir. She had not promised her life for his.

"What would you ask of us?" she asks, hearing the tremor of the already-fading adrenaline in her voice.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-19, 11:52 PM
"A SMALL TASK ONLY. I TRULY AM SHOWING YOU MERCY TODAY."

The giant gestures to the weapon embedded in the ground and looks to Allsaghir.

"GO SHARPEN MY AXE."

http://craggymrpancakes.tumblr.com/image/162033484061

FunkyLovetouch
2017-06-20, 12:23 PM
Dennis looks from the axe to the giant and back again. Though obscured and unreadable one could almost sense his mouth turned down into a disbelieving frown.
"Sharpen your axe? Very well, has it been dulled from your enthusiastic lumbering?"
While he speaks Dennis guides Harley over to the axe so that he may pick it up.

I love the title card Andy, it's a really nice touch.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-20, 01:13 PM
thank you thank you

"OBVIOUSLY, AND SO IT IS TAKING FAR TOO LONG." The giant says. "GO INTO THE TOWN AND HAVE IT SHARPENED."

Space-Is-Curved
2017-06-21, 11:17 PM
Caoilfhionn nods again to the gaint humanoid. Relief floods over her like cool water. They would be on their way again without trouble. The giant, despite his questionable lumberly actions, had shown them mercy.

Reminding herself to speak with Allsaghir in private later, she addressed the giant. "We will do as you have asked."

Knowledge Local, History, and Nobility and Royalty +8, Knowledge Geography +7 for Caoilfhionn to know of any closer towns than Skarrise that the giant might be referring to, or to know of any knowledge of Skarrise that would make the simple request of sharpening a large blade difficult for any reason.

bigjazzboy
2017-06-22, 01:14 PM
Allsaghir drops to the floor as the axe hurdles towards him, jumping back a few superfluous feet. He turns to his companions as Tengu yaps and bites at the axe's handle in frustration. "Friends, we outnumber the fool 8 to 1! Why should we be the ones doing as told when we ought kill him now," he fumed in a hushed down, unaware of the amount of spit involved in his plea.

It won't let me put a link in my signature until I've made 10 posts on this account.
Also, you all would know by now that my fakebrother is named Aldaba Majnu and his hyena is Bahbi.
Aldaba is a wise, stoic barbarian who often tries to rein in Allsaghir's wild side, to no avail.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-23, 01:30 PM
"lumberly actions"

And so while Caoilfhionn and Dennis thank the giant for what approximates hospitality, Allsaghir fumes and let's Tengu bite at the axe in the background. The weapon in question specifically appears to be a large masterwork greataxe, weighing 24 lbs and firmly wedged in the ground at the moment. It is a polished silver color, and has some intricately carved details embedded around the leather-wrapped handle.

Caoilfhionn knows from knowledge of the local area that there are two nearby towns, one called Sasserpine a day away to the southeast and a smaller town called Vaardwolg some distance less to the northeast, both requiring some forward travel on the trail in the direction the group was already heading. As far as Caoilfhionn is aware, there should be no issue in having the axe sharpened by a resident blacksmith, though while it is likely she is not fully certain of these towns having any.

The giant has now turned its attention back to Allsaghir and Tengu, who he glares at furiously.

FunkyLovetouch
2017-06-23, 06:41 PM
Dennis rides Harley over to the axe and pulls it from the ground and lays it across his lap.
"Calm down Al, we'll talk it over in a minute once we're out of the clearing" he whispers to Ben's character who's name is not located on the page that I am typing on.
Dennis turns Harley around and begins moving back toward the trail.

So I'm good to dip out of the clearing and have a group conversation on the trail out of earshot.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-24, 07:24 AM
Dennis must make a strength check to pull the axe out of the ground.

FunkyLovetouch
2017-06-25, 10:17 AM
Roll: 13
Bonus: 3
Total: 16

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-25, 12:04 PM
Dennis pulls the axe from the ground and begins to ride off.

Does the axe put you or your spider in a heavier load?

bigjazzboy
2017-06-26, 09:49 PM
Allsaghir helps to pry Tengu from the axe as Dennis takes it, glaring at the giant all the while. He whispers on, "Fine. Fine. Fine, we'll go for now but I swear that giant acts badly! We ought to take him..." he continues grumbling as he follows the rest of the party along.

Space-Is-Curved
2017-06-26, 11:25 PM
Caoilfhionn watches as Dennis pries the ax from the earth. It was indeed a simple task. Any blacksmith at either nearby settlement should be able to handle this, and the cost would be negligible relative to a loss of life.

As she exits the clearing with the party, she opens one of the many pockets on her bandolier belt and removes a dried ovoid leaf. She snaps a portion of the dried leaf off and places it on her tongue, relishing the bitter taste. She feels the tremor in her hands, the tremor that she had fought with all her concentration to suppress, begin to subside.

"Vaardwolg's the closest," she said, adding an 'of course' with her tone, "but Sasserpine isn't much further. Personally, I'd prefer we check Vaardwolg first. We could save a few hours in total there and back."

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-27, 08:41 AM
"ONE MORE THING." The giant bellows just as the group departs.

He holds a closed fist up to his face and opens it to reveal a handful off course, black sand. He blows the sand out of his hand with one breath, and onto Allsaghir ten feet away. It is an altogether uncomfortable experience for the druid, like a gust of wind in a desert.

The giant gives a treacherous grins. "A PROPER FAREWELL TO MY NEW FRIEND, MAY YOUR JOURNEY PASS SILKEN."

He calls to those just leaving the clearing. "YOU WILL ALL RETURN HERE WITH MY AXE SHARPENED BY TOMORROW NIGHT, OR I WILL FIND YOU AND KILL YOU. AND EAT YOU."

FunkyLovetouch
2017-06-27, 09:24 AM
No the axe doesn't change my carry load.

Once they are truly out of the giants earshot Dennis turns to his compatriots. "Well let's head to Vaardwolg then, and we need to make sure we're out of the village by sundown. I won't have this giant rampaging into an unsuspecting village. Though with that last comment I'm starting to think that maybe we should lay an ambush for this giant, I'm worried what he may do to future travellers."

Space-Is-Curved
2017-06-28, 08:31 PM
Caoilfhionn considers Dennis's suggestion.

"Perhaps. For now, we should make all haste to Vaardwolg. Perhaps we will be able to find allies among the local constabulary. I don't think it likely, but making a few inquiries shouldn't slow us too terribly as it doesn't take all of us to have one ax sharpened. Besides, we do have the giant's weapon now..." She trails off, thinking.

"What do you make of that business with the sand? Allsaghir, did you feel anything? Are you hurt?"

Knowledge Arcana +8, Spellcraft +11 for identifying the "PROPER FAREWELL" as a ritual or spell.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-06-30, 11:24 PM
Caoilfhionn has no knowledge of the incident with the sand.

Allsaghir feels no different from the incident either

yo ben tell him you dont feel any different.

bigjazzboy
2017-06-30, 11:34 PM
Allsaghir brushes himself off- "feelin pissed as a hog is what I'm feeling. I say we rush to town, sharpen the damn ax, and cut the fool's head off with it soon as we can..." he turns away for a moment to add through gritted teeth, "You shut your mouth if you know what's good for yah. I coulda taken the bastard all on my own"

FunkyLovetouch
2017-07-02, 02:09 PM
So everyone good to head to town? Also Ben, do our characters know who you're talking to or do they just think you talk to yourself sometimes?

Space-Is-Curved
2017-07-04, 12:00 AM
That's a solid Affirmativo for Caoilfhionn.

bigjazzboy
2017-07-07, 08:36 PM
Off we go! And yes- you're all well aware of Allsaghir's brother's "existence,"
whether or not you believe him is up to you.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-07-08, 12:40 PM
And so the party returns to the path and continues East through the Esdar Forest, the giant's axe strapped with the rest of the supplies on the back of Harley. Very shortly into the journey, the path splits into two routes, one the the Northeast and one sharply curving South. There is one sign at the juncture, which reads "SASSERPINE" and points along the Southward path. From Caoilfhionn's knowledge of the area, the Northeast path will lead to the nearer town of Vaardwolg, and so that is the path that the group takes.

The path diverges again shortly, one path leading due East and the other, a less used trail, curving slightly North. Two signs now stand, several town names displayed on the Eastward path, and only the name of "Vaardwolg" displayed on the Northeast path. The party takes the path toward Vaardwolg.

For a few hours of travel the ground steadily grows more uneven, and the canopy occasionally less dense. Enumerable creeks trickle down the hills that the group skirts. By 2 o'clock these trends of elevation and thinning trees reverts, with the return of level ground and a canopy darker than that of the giant's clearing. With the hills behind, the group proceeds, and the forest around the trail grows thicker and thicker.

The group turns a bend to see three figures in the trail forty feet ahead, standing side by side and facing the party, as if expecting their arrival. The middle figure, tall but hunched, wears a heavy robe and carries a staff in its hand. The other two flanking the middle figure are broad shouldered and wear ponchos and loin clothes, each carrying an un-nocked bow. Even in the low light, their hyena-like heads can be clearly seen, and their identities as gnolls is apparent.

The middle figure speaks loudly in the voice of an old woman. "You are treading through the land of the tribe of Ckaryak. We usually give no heed to travelers, but to you four we extend our warmest welcome."

Space-Is-Curved
2017-07-10, 02:21 AM
Caoilfhionn hesitates only a moment before speaking. When no one else begins the conversation, she goes to one knee and speaks.

"Your welcome comes without expectation, but our thanks will grace your tables at your next meal."

Knowledge local +8, if I know anything huge about this relationship I might retcon.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-07-10, 12:13 PM
Caoilfhionn has never heard of the Ckaryak tribe, or even that gnolls are native to these woods.

The gnoll woman lets out a joyless, eerie laugh that lasts several seconds, and the two gnolls beside her briefly join in. Her face returns to its sincere grin. "At our next next meal, splendid, you waste no time awaiting a formal invitation. But first forgive me if I must ask your names."

She makes no movement toward the group, and the gnolls flanking her eye the party suspiciously.

bigjazzboy
2017-07-10, 05:47 PM
Before I forget, one of use should probably cast detect magic, evil, etc. on this axe before too long. Anyway- Knowledge local I guess? one tribesman to another, after all
[roll0]
inb4 sub10 roll
While it's not his first time ever seeing gnoll, Allsaghir is enchanted by the existence of the half-hyenas. He and Tengu let out a courtesy laugh/howl along with them.
"Allsaghir. Here Tengu. And Majnu and Bahbi," he says, absent mindedly doing his best imitation of the gnoll's accent as he gestures to his side towards his brother/hyenas.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-07-11, 07:20 PM
The gnoll woman bows. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Tengu. And Allsaghir." She adds with a glance at the druid. "And... are there travelers among you we cannot see?"

FunkyLovetouch
2017-07-12, 10:04 AM
Dennis keeps his hands on his bow, resting gently in his lap. "Not quite, this fella just likes to talk to himself a bit, you know how it is. Sometimes you just have to have a conversation with the only person who understands you." He says in what could only be described as a 'light tone' of his gravely voice, with a wry smile hidden completely under the bandanna tied over his lower face.
"Name's Dennis, pleasure to meet you."

ThymeTwoDye
2017-07-12, 11:50 AM
"I see." She replies, eyeing Allsighir.

Instead of us carrying on with the individual introductions, I can generalize the rest of the process in a post. Unless you guys have specific things you want to say.

Hey Casey think of something specific to say.

Space-Is-Curved
2017-07-15, 03:25 AM
"I am Caoilfhionn," Caoilfhionn says as introduction, "and I meant no forwardness. In my culture.... I feared that I might insult you should I not accept a meal. I do not know of your people. I regret my ignorance."

ThymeTwoDye
2017-07-16, 08:58 AM
"Yes, no insult taken." The old gnoll woman replies. She has not made any effort to move closer.

Inebrano proceeds to introduce himself.

...With all the grace and timeliness of a failed quicktime event.

"My open name is Vil'Katsk, High Shaman of the Ckaryak." The woman says. "I am delighted to make your acquaintance. But, to the point, that axe you carry on your... beast belongs to someone I know. Did you steal it, or are you working for him?"

Her guards tense. The one on her left hovers his hand over an arrow strapped to his hip.

FunkyLovetouch
2017-07-18, 09:34 AM
"To be honest with you, we're still deciding what's going on with this axe. A giant in the forest some ways back bid us, in not the friendliest manner, to sharpen this axe for him by tonight. Then he blew some strange black dust in my friends face here and sent us most ungraciously on our way." Dennis says in response.

"Due to his, let's say 'uncouth', manner of dealings, we aren't sure if this giant is benign or not, and we'd welcome any input you might have in regards to him."

ThymeTwoDye
2017-07-18, 08:38 PM
For the record, you have to sharpen it by tomorrow night.

She laughs abruptly again.

"I know little about strange dust, but I don't doubt that Andernach would send you to perform some task like this. He often does these sorts of things, you know. He likes to hurt people, but he likes to let them disappoint him first so that he feels like they deserve it. He's a horrible creature." She shakes her head with disgust for a moment. "But now then, we'll take the axe off your hands."

Space-Is-Curved
2017-07-19, 07:11 PM
Caoilfhionn listens to the conversation,studying the intake of breath and the output of laughter, only interrupting when Vil'Katsk asks Dennis for the axe.

"You know this giant? How might we help you against his terror?"

Caoilfhionn steps away from Dennis and Harley, approaching Vil'Katsk with two hands open and palms up.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-07-21, 08:18 AM
"By giving us his axe. There are many strategies we could employ with such a thing in our hands, in due time." She says.

bigjazzboy
2017-07-24, 08:51 PM
Allsaghir get's a grip on the continued existence of hyena people, adding with next to no eloquence nor awareness of his own volume, "And why should we trusya? This ax very well gonna be the death of us, not something I'm keen to hand to strangers,"

ThymeTwoDye
2017-07-25, 05:03 PM
"A fair point." She replies. "But we cannot let the giant get the axe back now that it has been delivered right to us, for we cannot be sure you wouldn't hand it back if he threatened you. We are willing to pay you, in fact, three hundred of your 'golden pieces' if you give it to us now and be on your way."

A guard at her side reveals a bag on his loincloth, laden with coins.

"And we insist on this deal." She concludes.

Max and Sean, sorry it's taking so long. I'll try to get you guys in soonish.

FunkyLovetouch
2017-07-26, 09:22 PM
Dennis eyes the gnolls and their offered gold suspiciously. "If this giant really is as bad as you say then I think I might have a proposition for you. Why don't we team up and use the axe to lure the giant into an ambush we lay, I reckon with all of our might combined we'd make quick work of 'em."

I'd like to make a sense motive check on the gnolls
Bonus to sense motive: +4
Andy you make these kinds of rolls for us right?

ThymeTwoDye
2017-07-26, 09:44 PM
Either way, I trust you guys to roll too.

You got a 4, so 8 total.

Try getting better.

"An ambush." She repeats skeptically. "We had something of the sort in mind, but you do not seem the type of elf to have thought this through. And why should we include you in our workings when we can't be sure you won't betray us? Would it not be easier for you to help Andernach kill us than help us kill Andernach? And easier still to make this choice when the hour demands it?"

Anyone else is welcome to try to roll for diplomacy.

bigjazzboy
2017-07-30, 09:28 PM
A sense motive for good measure [roll0]
and Diplomacy [roll1]

inb4 natty20's

Allsaghir scowls in a moment of mild confusion, but pieces together a plan- "Or even better, how's it sound that we'll sell our services to ya for 300 of our 'golden pieces' and we'll kill the giant out your forest with ya. Then, we could just share the axe!" he finishes with a subtle wink to Dennis.
CHA roll for wink subtlety [roll2]

Space-Is-Curved
2017-08-01, 06:48 AM
"We do not yet know your strength," Caoilfhionn Lendlelow adds, "and you can only guess at ours. Might it not be in the interest of both of our parties to exchange a hostage, repair the axe, defeat the giant, and return the hostages?"

ThymeTwoDye
2017-08-01, 09:16 AM
It seems to Allsaghir that the gnolls are mistrustful, though not intimidated by the party, and very concerned with getting their claws on the axe.

Allsaghir's wink is not immensely subtle, but as it turns out gnolls have no familiarity with the gesture, so it is subtle enough. Still, Vil'Katsk is unimpressed with Allsaghir's request.

Rolled for Caoilfhionn's diplomacy check. -1, right?

13-1 = 12

At Caoilfhionn's suggestion, Vil'Katsk pauses a moment before erupting into another eerie laugh, this one lasting for quite some time.

"You truly are such blunt folks." She lets her guard down at last. "We are acquainted dealing with beings of sinister motives and verbal craft. You have neither. It would be cruel to force the axe out of your hands, so I will accept your plea for your life. You will give us a hostage of our choice, we will give you a hostage again of our choice. And yes, you will sharpen the axe, it may be far more useful in that condition. Will that be a fair plan?"

Space-Is-Curved
2017-08-02, 02:47 AM
Yes, -1 Diplomacy is correct.

Caoilfhionn does not know how to feel about Vil'Katsk's response to her suggestion. She knows that she lacks both the sinister motive and the verbal craft, but somehow feels that she might have made a poor bargain. She dislikes the situation immensely. She is out of her element. Her element involves a lot less talking. Her element is iron. She supposes that sulfur, carbon, and various salts are also key to her craft, but she doesn't let that bother her.

"You may choose the hostage that you take, but should we not have some say in our own captive? What assurance do we have that you aren't sending us away with a condemned prisoner whose life you have no reason to value?"

ThymeTwoDye
2017-08-02, 09:40 AM
"We are giving you a captive of our own out of kindness." She says. "We are letting you take the axe away to sharpen it on the condition of keeping one of yours in our custody, but the axe you carry is something which we need, a captive in its own right. In a way of viewing the matter, we would have one of yours, you would have two of ours. Most generous, I think."

Space-Is-Curved
2017-08-04, 04:32 AM
Caoilfhionn ponders this momentarily.

"Very well. Which of ours will you take? And who among yours shall you offer?"

She feels overwhelmed, but is willing to listen to the offer.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-08-04, 12:28 PM
Vil'Katsk slowly lifts a hairy finger, pointing past Dennis and Caoilfhionn to none other than Inebrano.

"This short one is softly spoken, and no doubt possesses the most cunning of your number. We would request to take him."

The gnoll then calls a few sentences in her language into the woods on her right.

"The our side of the exchange will arrive shortly."

anyone here speak gnoll?

Space-Is-Curved
2017-08-05, 03:49 AM
Caoilfhionn doesn't speak Gnoll, but she speaks Elven, Dwarven, Draconic, and of course Gnome and Common. Anyone else speak any of those other than common?

Caoilfhionn winces at the choice. Inebrano is a hard loss. She does not know him well, but he has shown his use more than once. She winces again as Vil'Katsk barks her commands into the woods. Vil'Katsk has her by the slack rope and Caoilfhionn is just waiting for to pull it around her throat.

bigjazzboy
2017-08-05, 09:02 PM
Allsaghir's eyes shift back and forth quickly through the conversation, a clear sign of his labored attempts to keep up. At the mention of Inebrano's capture, he immediately slips into a subtle yet noticeable panic- while he isn't convinced of the dwarf's merit, he can't stand to give up a member of his troop so easily. Allsaghir briefly exchanges glances with Majnu, who confirms his plan as necessary. He quickly grasps Caoilfhionn shoulder and whispers in her ear, "Insane! We ought to kill them, then the giant- no point giving up the axe and Inebrano... might as well be death sentence for us all."

FunkyLovetouch
2017-08-05, 09:19 PM
Dennis, having been warily eyeing both sides of this debate as it went on leans over to Inebrano and speaks softly to him. "Now I'm not to keen on this exchange but I have faith in you, and this is the easiest way to avoid bloodshed. So we'll go along with it for now but stay wary. And if they take you somewhere we don't know about, try and leave a trail or some clues, Harley and I will take care of the rest."

Space-Is-Curved
2017-08-07, 03:09 AM
Caoilfhionn starts visibly at Allsaghir's unexpected grasp. She is surprised into a nightmare by way of an unbidden memory. Her mind is nothing but the too-rich odor of pine smoke mixed with acrid burning hair and the horrifically pleasant burning of flesh. The retching throat and stinging eyes. A knife at someone's throat. A threat. A hostage. She refuses to blink, refuses to close her eyes for a moment and risk opening them to find herself there.

She is staring at a gnoll, slowly processing what Allsaghir has said to her. She stares a second longer before allowing herself to close her eyes. She opens them, and the gnoll is still before her. She inhales sharply, suddenly aware that her lungs are aching for a breath she's forgotten to take. She turns and whispers back up into Allsaghir's ear.

"We cannot win. Wait for their offer."

Her left hand opens a pouch on her bandolier and, with practiced ease and despite her agitation, grabs a dried ovoid leaf and shoves it into her mouth.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I could talk for no less than an hour on Caolfhionn's personal, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds at this point. I'm also pretty sure I don't exactly know what spells she knows. I'm doing D&D wrong. Also I recently started an awesome campaign in a game called DCC where you start with four random commoners per player and all of them that survive the first adventure get to pick a class and become level one. We're at the boss and, so far, Hugh Glass, Selny, Kerwin Lanshire,
and Ragged Flint are all still alive.

EDIT 2: Oh this is what having an OC is.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-08-08, 08:48 AM
I havent heard of DCC and you can take your OCs with you to fanfiction.net but I am am digging the slow reveal of aaron's character's backstory. Also I have never seen better roleplaying than you people being upset at Inebrano leaving. You all get bonus exp.

Following soon after, the gnoll's hostage emerges onto the path from the woods. The hostage is an old gnoll with gray fur and a scar across his left eye, wearing only a loincloth and holding some rope. He looks around confused.

One of the guards beckons him and says some words in gnoll, then ties his hands behind his back with the rope.

"And your hostage?" Vil'Katsk asks, looking to Inebrano.

Space-Is-Curved
2017-08-09, 01:29 AM
"Do you need to tie him?" Caoilfhionn asks, watching the decrepit gnoll.

Caoilfhionn watches as Inebrano is released to the gnolls, and the old gnoll becomes their new replacement for the healer.

"Hey." she asks as she struggles with his tied wrists. "Can you do anything helpful?"

After a short pause, she adds, "And do you speak the common tongue?"

Giving up on the ropes on his wrists, she turns to the party behind her. "Anyone good with knots?"

No one uses fanfiction.net anymore! It's all AO3 now.

ThymeTwoDye
2017-08-11, 10:13 PM
The hostage nods at Caoilfhionn's first question, and again at the second.

Vl'katsk speaks. "We have tied the hostage meant for you because we presumed you wanted him tied. You may untie him if you like, of course."

The guards receive Inebrano and proceed to wrap his wrists together.

"You may be on your way." She says at length. "We will keep your captive safe if you do the same for ours, and we hope with you for the destruction of the giant."

Space-Is-Curved
2017-08-12, 03:25 AM
"Gods be maligned then," she spits at the tied gnoll, "help me get these off you and tell me what you did to be thrown to us."

FunkyLovetouch
2017-08-14, 09:47 PM
Dennis rides over and leans down to cut the ropes with his knife.
"Speak gnoll," Dennis growls "tell us everything. Your name, why you were chosen as our hostage, and more importantly if we can trust these kinsmen of yours."

ThymeTwoDye
2017-08-15, 10:41 PM
The gnoll simply nods at your questions and smiles unnaturally.

Vel'katsk speaks. "He does not speak your tongue. Will this be a problem?"

Once you're done with any questions or discussions I'll leave it to ya'll to let me know you're going on your way.

FunkyLovetouch
2017-08-16, 08:10 AM
"So you gave us a mute prisoner from your tribe in exchange for a whole quarter of our force?" Dennis says in his gravelly tone. "Are all your dealings done so fairly?"

ThymeTwoDye
2017-08-16, 09:27 AM
"A mute for a mute. We felt it fair."

bigjazzboy
2017-08-17, 07:38 AM
Allsaghir watches suspiciously as the transaction takes place, still enamored by the existence of gnolls. He hopes that the two of them can get along better than he had with the dwarf- plus it should be a relief from being the least intelligent. He and Tengu tentatively approach the gnoll to inspect him- Tengu doing (most of) the sniffing, and Allsaghir trying to measure up his character.
RACISM ALERT wow nice job assuming that Inebriano was the healer just cause he's a dwarf, AARON

ThymeTwoDye
2017-08-18, 12:29 PM
The gnoll captive is delighted to be sniffed. He silently allows it.

Space-Is-Curved
2017-08-19, 05:10 AM
Caoilfhionn reaches up and, on her toes, is barely able to scratch the gnoll's neck. "Bear with me. Tomorrow I will speak your language," she says in the most comforting way she can. If he offers any affection in response, she is happy to accept it.

FunkyLovetouch
2017-08-20, 11:32 AM
"Very well, but should any harm come to our companion know that there is no man nor beast that has ever eluded my tracking skills."

ThymeTwoDye
2017-08-22, 09:23 AM
The old gnoll tends to smile and nod at everything said to him.

Vil'katsk replies to Dennis. "Man nor beast? And which are we to you? But I can assure you with the fidelity that arises from an enemy common to us that your silent friend will be safe, if you can promise the same. And, let us see. Return to us in the morning with the axe sharpened and we will speak to you of our plan of attack on Andernach."

With that the old gnoll woman moves aside the path as if to allow you passage.

Anything else to be said or are we ready to go to Vaardwolg?

Space-Is-Curved
2017-08-23, 07:55 AM
And so begins the walk to Vaardwolg.