PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Sorcerous Origin - Lichtouched

JamesIntrocaso
2017-05-18, 07:27 AM
So I built a new Sorcerous Origin for my homebrew world that's undead themed. Take a look at the lichtouched origin both on my blog and in the info below.

https://worldbuilderblog.me/2017/05/18/lichtouched-a-new-sorcerous-origin/

Lichtouched
Your innate magic comes from some place of dark energy. Your parents may have been cursed by a powerful undead spellcaster. You could have visited a plane of negative energy. Perhaps you were even once an undead creature yourself. The reason you attuned to necromantic magic may never be clear, but what is obvious is that you can wield this power as easily as any lich.

Horrifying Touch
When you choose this origin at 1st level, you gain the chill touch cantrip if you don't already know it. In addition, when you cast and deal damage with chill touch, add your Charisma modifier to the damage roll of the spell.

Flesh of the Dead
Starting at 1st level, your flesh takes on a dull gray or stark white appearance. You are resistant to necrotic damage and have advantage on saving throws against effects that reduce your hit point maximum.

Consume Soul
Starting at 6th level, you can use your reaction to consume a creature's soul who you see die. You regain 2 sorcery points and the creature's soul is destroyed as a result. You can use this feature twice. You gain any extended uses when you finish a long rest.

Blood of the Dead
Starting at 14th level, you are immune to disease and poison. In addition, whenever deal necrotic damage to a creature with a spell you cast, that creature cannot regain hit points until the start of your next turn.

Undead Being
Beginning at 18th level, you can channel necrotic energy to become ghostly. As an action, you spend 5 sorcery points to draw on this power. For 1 minute or until you lose concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell), you gain a fly speed equal to your walking speed and you can move through other creatures and objects as if they were difficult terrain. You take 1d10 force damage if you end your turn inside an object. While in this form, you are resistant to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmagical weapons as well as acid, fire, lightning, and thunder damage.

nickl_2000
2017-05-18, 07:32 AM
Consume Soul
Starting at 6th level, you can use your reaction to consume a creature's soul who you see die. You regain 2 sorcery points and the creature's soul is destroyed as a result. You can use this feature twice. You gain any extended uses when you finish a long rest.

this is phrased in a confusing way. I assume you mean that "you can use this feature twice per long rest"? That is the normalized phrasing you see elsewhere, may as well keep it that way for the sake of clarity.

JamesIntrocaso
2017-05-18, 07:41 AM
this is phrased in a confusing way. I assume you mean that "you can use this feature twice per long rest"? That is the normalized phrasing you see elsewhere, may as well keep it that way for the sake of clarity.

That's actually the phrasing used in the Player's Handbook. I don't think I've ever seen them say something can be used a number of times per long rest except in shorthand in a stat block, usually expressed as something like Second Wind (2/Long Rest). I'll look into it more though.