PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder just a simple pinch of help

j!nx
2017-05-18, 01:49 PM
whats a good level 1 to 2 urban based adventure, something nice and sweet, quick Ideas
have had little time been working with other players higher level and I have a new player who is level 1 haven't thought anything for him and I have like a hour before he gets here

Florian
2017-05-18, 02:03 PM
"Mad Godīs Key", older 3,5 module from Dungeon mag. Head over to Paizo and grab it, no special need to convert it.

Grand Arbiter
2017-05-18, 02:11 PM
Is the part after "quick ideas" a request for character concepts so you can make one for a player?
If so, what characters are there already?

Ideas how to decide on a class:
1)Are the needed party roles covered? (Beatstick, scout, face, healer, etc.)
2)Does the player that needs a character have a preference?
3)Something fun and/or simple that the player can enjoy.

The_Jette
2017-05-18, 02:20 PM
whats a good level 1 to 2 urban based adventure, something nice and sweet, quick Ideas
have had little time been working with other players higher level and I have a new player who is level 1 haven't thought anything for him and I have like a hour before he gets here

Put him up against a Call of Cthulhu cult. Those guys are always a hoot, with a dark, paranoia inducing atmosphere, but in the end they're really just crazy commoners. Stop the rise of Nyarlathotep, or Chtulhu himself, and ride off into the sunset with the entire wealth of a hamlet inside your horse saddles.

j!nx
2017-05-18, 03:02 PM
I thought of one over a nice ale, going to go with a murder trail, basically thugs hired to kill woman because she is pregnant from a affair , player will find note on thugs or die to interrogation to a meeting place, eventually go there to find the person who hired them either kill him or get information out of him ladadadaa it will be more investigating but in my games roll playing is worth more xp then combat so it should be fun , still gonna look at that mad god key one that was mentioned

Florian
2017-05-18, 03:21 PM
I thought of one over a nice ale, going to go with a murder trail, basically thugs hired to kill woman because she is pregnant from a affair , player will find note on thugs or die to interrogation to a meeting place, eventually go there to find the person who hired them either kill him or get information out of him ladadadaa it will be more investigating but in my games roll playing is worth more xp then combat so it should be fun , still gonna look at that mad god key one that was mentioned

Mad Godīs Key is a fun one. Characters happen to witness a theft, goes over to a fun chase scene over some boats in a harbor, bit of investigation and a very thematic and to the point small dungeon crawl. You end up with an actual artifact that should be the start of a longer campaign.