PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Force Damage Prevention

ReaverVonVette
2017-05-18, 03:11 PM
Alright, so I'm running a Sandstorm campaign right now that takes place in a large city I've constructed of my own design. This week I plan on having a large clutch of Chaos Dragons assault the city, and the P's will be rewarded for helping the city guard defend it. Now due to the nature of how I'd like to run this particular adventure, there are going to be hundreds of NPCs and dragons among the PCs and I really don't need things to be more complicated than they have to be. So what I was thinking was, due to hurricane-force winds pinning flyers to the ground or sweeping them away, I want the king (who is an Archivist who learned the Sandstorm druid spell) cast Sandstorm when the dragons arrive so they can't fly and I don't have to factor in flying height and a whole third dimension of work. All of that being said, hurricane-force winds cause all creatures caught in it to take 1d3 lethal damage each round, which is pesky considering this is only a 5th level campaign right now. Is there any way, besides DR, to prevent said damage (like a suit or a magic item or something)?

Gildedragon
2017-05-18, 03:28 PM
Spell Control Winds, Lord of the Sky, Resilient Sphere

TallerSpine
2017-05-18, 07:13 PM
Earthbind spell. You would need to cast it a lot of times, but so long as you have more casters than targets, it should be plausible. I realize this is a completely different solutions than your Sandstorm spell, but Earthbind is only a 2nd level spell. It should be fairly easy to cast it a bunch of times to bring down all the flyers. And then you don't have to worry about the lethal damage every round.