PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Strongest evil class

Dream Grove
2017-05-18, 04:29 PM
Hi everyone I'm in need of a powerful evil class because me and my friend have decided to betray the party we talked with the Dm and we will be followers of a evil god of secrets and betray the party so its just us two and we need to be able to fight like 7 people any god class recommendations ?

Sorry I don't believe in punctuation (or anything writing related I just read )
Thanks in advance

Foxhound438
2017-05-18, 04:39 PM
what level? because I feel like druid+wizard could be good for this for minion spam (+ AOE damage to a lesser extent). If you're at least level 5, you get the wizard to animate 9 bone piles (or zombies, if you want them to be a bit more tanky), and the druid can get 2 castings of conjure animals for 8 total crocodiles. Even if you don't kill everyone, you can have more than enough time to flee and start your own adventures, or maybe kill half right away and half a bit later. If you're a little higher, you get an extra 3rd level spell each and maybe some conjure minor elementals or conjure woodland beings.

Not that I endorse killing your fellow players, but if that's what's considered okay in your game, I guess it's fine.

Dream Grove
2017-05-18, 04:43 PM
this is still a new game we are all level 1 as of yet and we are lax so we just pop in new characters when we die I was hoping for a good recurring villain who could be strong early on and late game I like the suggestion though so thank you

Biggstick
2017-05-18, 04:45 PM
First off, you should definitely use punctuation. Your thoughts and ideas are much easier to get across to other folks if you use it.

If you're following a deity of secrets, why do you need to betray the party yourselves? Two vs Seven doesn't sound like good odds to me. Create tension within the party by playing the party against one another. Create situations which will lead to them fighting amongst themselves to make your job that much easier. This can be done in many ways, it just depends on you being creative with how you play.

The closest thing to a "god" mode class would be a Wizard. Here's the thing though, Two sets of actions vs seven sets of actions means you lose that fight. Hire an army or set of mercenaries to win the action economy game.

All this aside, why are you planning on turning against the party? Is there a reason to plan this sort of thing from the start? If the DM/Players are all aware and collectively ok with this sort of game, then sure, go ahead.

TLDR; Use punctuation. Play as a Wizard. Hire an army.

fbelanger
2017-05-18, 04:46 PM
Maybe it is the DM who tricks you.
2 Pc wont kill 7 pc of same level.
You will find out that pc are much nasty than monster.

Dream Grove
2017-05-18, 04:48 PM
well the thing with us betraying the party is for us to become the villains so we might not do it in the beginning but I have a feeling my friend will try to kill me and side with someone else so I need a good class lol

solidork
2017-05-18, 05:43 PM
I was in a situation where my DM really wanted my character to be secretly evil and eventually betray my party and my plan was to eventually kill them with Dimension Door + Gravity. They have to be willing, there are plenty of counters (even a fighter can grapple you), and you can only take one person in 5e, but it still seems like it would be pretty effective.

Dream Grove
2017-05-18, 05:45 PM
I was in a situation where my DM really wanted my character to be secretly evil and eventually betray my party and my plan was to eventually kill them with Dimension Door + Gravity. They have to be willing, there are plenty of counters (even a fighter can grapple you), and you can only take one person in 5e, but it still seems like it would be pretty effective.

Seems like a good idea if I get into a sticky situation thanks ive been looking at all the teleporting and plane shifting artifacts just incase I need them lol

Corran
2017-05-18, 06:21 PM
play a bard pick as many healing and support spells you can et your hands on always heal and support the rest of the party in the best possible way you can make sure the party gets a copy of your spell list or that they know the fact that almost all of your spells are support and healing aura of vitality is a very good example after hard fights gather them all together close to one another and heal them then when the time draws near retrain one of your magical secrets to destructive wave or some other AoE that will not catch you in the blast and after an especially hard fight when everyone is low on hp gather them around for your usual healing routine but instead of aura of vitality you cast the AoE action surge can help with this plan

ps play as a lackey to the other betrayer and always follow his lead that will probably save you enough time to put your evil scheme to work before he realizes his own

Saeviomage
2017-05-18, 07:01 PM
Don't try to defeat your party members.

Try to pull off your betrayal and escape.

Yagyujubei
2017-05-18, 07:08 PM
sounds like a cool group of people to play with >_>.......

Dream Grove
2017-05-18, 07:11 PM
thanks for all the suggestions so far guys but I was also wondering could I just kite them all as a shadow monk and fill them with arrows they have like 4 close range and 3 ranged characters

(I love the group they are indeed fun)

BillyBobShorton
2017-05-18, 07:40 PM
Party infighting=broken table. You may be too young to realize it now, but you will.

Dream Grove
2017-05-18, 07:44 PM
Party infighting=broken table. You may be too young to realize it now, but you will.

No matter what we do there will be infighting first game we did we fought an army of giant spiders while trying to kill each other at the same time in three different factions lol my group just lives fighting each other

Sigreid
2017-05-18, 08:10 PM
Assassin strike whilst they sleep.

Mortis_Elrod
2017-05-18, 09:27 PM
shadow monk and warlock is a nice combo, kite them and spam eldritch blast all while within darkness/devilsight combo.

Dream Grove
2017-05-18, 09:28 PM
shadow monk and warlock is a nice combo, kite them and spam eldritch blast all while within darkness/devilsight combo.

Thanks hat sounds terrifying !

Sigreid
2017-05-18, 10:06 PM
At low level a barbarian or rogue and a wizard with sleep. Wait until the party is weakened at the end of a battle, cast sleep on them. Barbarian murders them with his 2hand weapon. At low level it should be kitten play to kill them all. But keep in mind this is a #$%% way to do it and not fun PVP.

Mortis_Elrod
2017-05-18, 10:09 PM
Thanks hat sounds terrifying !

It's important to note that you just need 2 levels of warlock for it to work. though if you want pick up a terrifying tome, malevolent minion, or some sinister steel, you can go for another level. your other invocation doesn't have to be agonizing blast, it could be repelling, thus making you pretty untouchable, unless they teleported on top of you, or you can grab some flavorful but useful invocations. Mask of many faces is nice, the party won't be able to spot you as you hide in plain sight behind a disguise. Misty Visions is nice for similar effects, you could cast it as a way to pseudo mirror image. You run off somewhere while your illusion runs in the opposite direction, forcing the party to see through the illusion or split, making it easier for you to escape or pick them off.

and if they ever do get close you can pummel them with your fists. This is even better if you make yourself behave more like a standard mage, all robe and magic and seemingly squishy and useless in a melee fight, when in actuality you're rocking a 6 pack under the robe and can knock the fighter out with a single punch.

This is a MAD build so be careful.

Dream Grove
2017-05-18, 10:09 PM
At low level a barbarian or rogue and a wizard with sleep. Wait until the party is weakened at the end of a battle, cast sleep on them. Barbarian murders them with his 2hand weapon. At low level it should be kitten play to kill them all. But keep in mind this is a #$%% way to do it and not fun PVP.

Thanks for the suggestion I love it lol but I think I might go bard or pepper them as a shadow monk

Also anyone know any good evil aligned classes our patron god will let us lie about our alignment and let us use lawful spells until revealed as evil

Dream Grove
2017-05-18, 10:11 PM
It's important to note that you just need 2 levels of warlock for it to work. though if you want pick up a terrifying tome, malevolent minion, or some sinister steel, you can go for another level. your other invocation doesn't have to be agonizing blast, it could be repelling, thus making you pretty untouchable, unless they teleported on top of you, or you can grab some flavorful but useful invocations. Mask of many faces is nice, the party won't be able to spot you as you hide in plain sight behind a disguise. Misty Visions is nice for similar effects, you could cast it as a way to pseudo mirror image. You run off somewhere while your illusion runs in the opposite direction, forcing the party to see through the illusion or split, making it easier for you to escape or pick them off.

and if they ever do get close you can pummel them with your fists. This is even better if you make yourself behave more like a standard mage, all robe and magic and seemingly squishy and useless in a melee fight, when in actuality you're rocking a 6 pack under the robe and can knock the fighter out with a single punch.

This is a MAD build so be careful.

Dang this sounds awesome lol just want to betray them then rip my shirt off lol

Dream Grove
2017-05-18, 10:38 PM
Can I put wards in the ethereal plane ? If I could I will just be a bard and make a trap take my two teammates away after killing as many people as possible hide use power word kill then try to dominant the other one or something along those lines

Mortis_Elrod
2017-05-18, 10:46 PM
Can I put wards in the ethereal plane ? If I could I will just be a bard and make a trap take my two teammates away after killing as many people as possible hide use power word kill then try to dominant the other one or something along those lines

sounds like alot of work, don't know much about traps and the like but you should look into the UA on traps and crafting things, see if you could find something you like and secretly make it.

I wouldn't try to kill them all by the way, doubt it would work. Just take 1 or 2 then bounce.

Dream Grove
2017-05-18, 10:48 PM
sounds like alot of work, don't know much about traps and the like but you should look into the UA on traps and crafting things, see if you could find something you like and secretly make it.

I wouldn't try to kill them all by the way, doubt it would work. Just take 1 or 2 then bounce.

Yeah I will probably do something like that I just thought up a unbeatable ethereal fortress up that kills anyone but me when shifted in using wards and stuff lol hope they are willing

Sariel Vailo
2017-05-18, 11:58 PM
you want the strongest evil class Dungeon Master. ultimate power over reality and the lives of multidimensional beings gather around to watch as you strggle.

Sigreid
2017-05-19, 12:12 AM
There's also that you don't have to be strong at all if you strike at the right time. Cutting ropes when they are climbing. Stabbing the wizard to break his crowd control. Planting stolen goods on them and then telling the town guard...

Willywilliamrtx
2017-05-19, 01:20 AM
Sentinel+PAM Fallen Aasimar Oathbreaker Paladin (depending on the level don't multiclass it, it's lvl 20 ability is rediculous) - prioritize getting CHA to 20 as opposed to STR (Your fear zone saves are CHA based)

Full Necromancer Wizard (either stay pure or multiclass with Oathbreaker, its lvl 7 aura of hate gives its user and any form of undead within 10 feet of it +CHA mod damage on each attack they make)

Or, if everything just needs to die, Oathbreaker Paladin/Sorcerer + Full sorcerer. The full sorcerer spends his concentration upcasting hold person to contain most of the party - the Sorcadin goes in (concentrating on Haste himself) and just goes HAM with auto-crit smites (and he now has an extra layer of spell slots to spend on said smites)

P.s: you don't believe in punctuation? You must be fun at parties.

Ruebin Rybnik
2017-05-19, 03:30 AM

How about this scary combo. 4 lvl Tunnel Fighter, 4 lvl Warlock, with Sentinel and PAM. Now pull off your betrayal and when they charge in to pummel you cast darkness, and stand in the middle of the group reigning death not letting them escape.

So for story reasons you leave them alive, or the happen to escape. Then later they catch you further you scheme and confront you. Except now you've added 8 levels of Vengeance Paladin with Elven Accuracy and Great Weapon Master. So now you are also criting on about 30% of attacks and are smiting with those. Say hello to the walking shadow of death

Xrposiedon
2017-05-19, 04:14 AM
SO here is the best Idea I can come up with.

Go Artificer -- Also, take everything you can, and put it somehow some way into the ability to make poisons. (Refer DMG pp. 257-258)

As you level, you will not only gain more magical items than your own group of adventurers, but you can customize yourself on the journey of leveling up....so that each item you get, counteracts the other players of the group.

Once you are good and ready, offer to cook a meal, and in each bite they have...each Ordeurve they eat ....has a poison inside of it.

Once they are good and poisoned and feeling really really bad about life. You use your incredible magical items to swiftly dispose of thy party members.

Dream Grove
2017-05-19, 05:02 AM
SO here is the best Idea I can come up with.

Go Artificer -- Also, take everything you can, and put it somehow some way into the ability to make poisons. (Refer DMG pp. 257-258)

As you level, you will not only gain more magical items than your own group of adventurers, but you can customize yourself on the journey of leveling up....so that each item you get, counteracts the other players of the group.

Once you are good and ready, offer to cook a meal, and in each bite they have...each Ordeurve they eat ....has a poison inside of it.

Once they are good and poisoned and feeling really really bad about life. You use your incredible magical items to swiftly dispose of thy party members.

lol that's a good one I never would of thought of it thanks !