PDA

View Full Version : Increasing Supernatural Abilty DC

carrdrivesyou
2017-05-18, 06:46 PM
So I was looking at a few different ideas in my DM notes, and I can't seem to find a way to justify (without using the DM cheat) increasing one of my dragon's breath weapons. Got me thinking.

Its a supernatural ability, so as far as I know, it would still function in an Anti-Magic Field. Additionally, there are several feats for manipulating and boosting spells and spell-like abilities, but I can't remember seeing anything for supernatural abilities.

The only thing I can see working is Ability Focus from the Monster Manual. I think there is a spell that increases poison DCs?

Any thoughts Playgrounders?

EDIT: I am aware of the Metabreath feats and make frequent use of them. I was looking for something along the lines of metamagic feats for supernatural abilities.

Psyren
2017-05-18, 06:55 PM
The easiest way is to increase the stat the ability is based on (for most breath weapons this would be Con.) So you could put a Con amulet on your dragon for instance., or apply a template of some kind.

ToM also has Sudden Ability Focus, which is +2 DC only 1/day, but explicitly stacks with Ability Focus.

Draconomicon probably has some breath weapon goodies.

Zaq
2017-05-18, 10:20 PM
Supernatural abilities don't work in an AMF.

carrdrivesyou
2017-05-19, 02:41 PM
Supernatural abilities don't work in an AMF.

Is there some supporting text for this? I could have sworn I read the opposite? :smallbiggrin:

Zanos
2017-05-19, 02:44 PM
Is there some supporting text for this? I could have sworn I read the opposite? :smallbiggrin:
"An invisible barrier surrounds you and moves with you. The space within this barrier is impervious to most magical effects, including spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities."

From the antimagic field spell.

Psyren
2017-05-19, 02:50 PM
Also, from Supernatural Abilities: (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#supernaturalAbilities)

"Supernatural Abilities (Su)
Supernatural abilities are magical and go away in an antimagic field but are not subject to spell resistance, counterspells, or to being dispelled by dispel magic."

emeraldstreak
2017-05-19, 02:52 PM
Saint template (BoED).

Necroticplague
2017-05-19, 04:54 PM
Saint template (BoED).

Similar note, the Vow of Nonviolence can add +4 to a DC.

Thurbane
2017-05-19, 05:31 PM
Monster of Legend template can add +4 to the DC of special attacks

Soul Eater 10: +2 profane bonus to the DC of supernatural abilities

Prophet of the Divine feat: +4 sacred or profane bonus (limited duration & situational) to the DC of supernatural abilities

Below seems very apt for the OP

Heighten Breath feat: increase the DC of a breath weapon (up to max of your Con bonus) at the cost of increasing recharge time

carrdrivesyou
2017-05-19, 05:54 PM
"An invisible barrier surrounds you and moves with you. The space within this barrier is impervious to most magical effects, including spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities."

From the antimagic field spell.

Well, I certainly feel like a moron haha!

The Viscount
2017-05-20, 10:37 AM
There is a spell to increase Poison DCs. Increase Virulence is a 2nd level spell and increases it by 2.