PDA

View Full Version : The most exciting circumstances to be magically banished in?

TheCorsairMalac
2017-05-19, 09:56 AM
What was the coolest way/circumstance you've ever had a character be be banished with magic with/during?

Mine was totally last night. In exchange for an item he's seeking, my character made a deal--signed in blood--with a Machiavellian mastermind. Things we agreed on start in two days and... I activated a single-use cursed item. My character finds himself on another plane with two days to get back to this terrible-and-certainly-unfair bargain before his soul starts to rot out of him.

solidork
2017-05-19, 10:58 AM
We got hit by Prismatic Spray recently, and one of the NPCs got hit by two colors: acid and banishment. I felt really bad for his wife, who is also adventuring with us. I talked with him via Sending (my character is a cleric), and he doesn't seem to be in too much danger so we are planning on eventually rescuing him with Divine Intervention.

It hasn't happened yet, but I am 100% ready to use Banishment as a defensive tool to save an ally.

Shamash
2017-05-19, 11:47 AM
Not exactly exciting but for sure it was the funniest. I was playing with a friend who never heard of D&D before, but he was a fan of Conan and Hercules movies so he was all happy since he was playing a barbarian, having *snickering* a blast.

In the middle of the camping his character was banished to the positive energy plane by an evil cleric. He was all like "That's good right?" And then he exploded.

He was so angry about it that ranted about "too much life makes you explode is stupid” for weeks.

I think he's still salty about it and it was two years ago.

Beastrolami
2017-05-19, 12:12 PM
I was a lawful evil wizard, working for the lieutenant of an evil god. Our mission was to infiltrate a group of resistance fighters and give intel to the evil god's lieutenant so that he could bring his army and wipe them out. Logn story short, we had a few brief conversations with the lieutenant, and then out of nowhere, the army attacks. Because we are with the resistance fighters, we get attacked as well, and most of the party is hurt pretty bad. My character survived, and got separated, so I decided to march up to the lieutenant and proclaim my service. We had just defeated the resistance, and I want to join my master's side in his moment of triumph. I walk up to his palanquin, introduce myself as his faithful servant and he say.... "Who the h**l are you?"

Turns out, we weren't actually working for the lieutenant. :(
The DM orininally said I was insta killed, but then decided that since I sincerely thought I was working for him, he would torture me for info, then offer me a job as a double agent (which I took)

I wasn't actually banished, but I was turned to crystal, dragged to another plane, and tortured by demons... so.... I consider it pretty similar. Also... that was the ending of the campaign.

TheCorsairMalac
2017-05-22, 08:13 PM
Wow! Those are all awesome and terrible!

That poor barbarian. XD

Quertus
2017-05-23, 12:43 AM
I may have had a character who, when outnumbered by attacking evil NPCs of roughly double our level nearly 2 to 1, may have realized that the NPC wizard was wielding a Staff of the Magi. My PC may have run over, taken the staff, and broken it for a retributive strike, killing all the NPCs, and sending my PC to another plane.

Bohandas
2017-05-23, 10:52 AM
Not exactly exciting but for sure it was the funniest. I was playing with a friend who never heard of D&D before, but he was a fan of Conan and Hercules movies so he was all happy since he was playing a barbarian, having *snickering* a blast.

In the middle of the camping his character was banished to the positive energy plane by an evil cleric. He was all like "That's good right?" And then he exploded.

He was so angry about it that ranted about "too much life makes you explode is stupid” for weeks.

To be fair, it kind of is. It would make more sense if it gave you cancer.