PDA

View Full Version : Tricky uses for class abilities

Dystious
2007-08-01, 09:24 PM
So i'm curious of everyone's smart ass uses for class skills that were surprisingly effective.
Example, I used a flying ability mixed with water balloons filled with holy water to remove a forward unit of undead. :smallcool:

So I wanna hear 'em. :smallamused:

Spells, special abilities, class skills, feats, etc.

Hectonkhyres
2007-08-01, 10:22 PM
Well... once somebody wanted to equip their monk (ie: speedy gonzales) with a gnomish-made flamethrower. Strafe whole armies, setting everything under the world (Yes, under. It was Bitopia) on fire. The DM said no.

A common thing we do is use Wall of Iron as a weapon of mass destruction. Cast it on a mountainside, unmoored to the ground, and suddenly you have this freaky metal abomination going down the mountainside at a billion miles an hour. The first time it was used as such, we ripped our way halfway through the fortress downhill. Then we cast the spell a couple of more times just to make sure.

Oh. And do NOT try sledding on one of those things. They tumble. Don't even bother rolling for damage. Or looking for a corpse besides a mile-long red smear. DMs ought to warn you about that sort of thing.

And a favorite is to have your party rogue reverse-pickpocket explosives and other such crap into the bags of people you don't like.

Ask the DM if a coral reef is considered one organism or many... without hinting that anything is up. If he says one, immediately cast awaken on it.

Kurald Galain
2007-08-02, 05:55 AM
Use lightning bolts to power an electric guitar?

Kaelaroth
2007-08-02, 06:13 AM
Used massive Dexterity to skateboard with dead body of companion.

My halfling rogue convinced an ettin he was his long lost brother. Go Bluff Checks!

Strapping myself to a raptoran. As we flew above pirate ships threw varying materials down below. Fireballs for him, Alchemists fire for me.

Go Halflings! :belkar:

nerulean
2007-08-02, 06:32 AM
Not exactly a class skill, but use of flying paladin to drop high-dex fighter on enemies from above.

Jimbob
2007-08-02, 07:01 AM
My rogue once got eaten by a very large dragon and decided to set a immovrable rod in its stomach, you should of seen the dms face when it tore his big scary dragon in 2:smallsmile:

AtomicKitKat
2007-08-04, 05:32 AM
It's sadly slipped to the archives, but this thread (http://boards1.wizards.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-416752) has some nice ideas.

Yomigaere!

The new iteration of the thread. (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=871232)