PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Rogue Subclass: Agent (PEACH)

LordFluffy
2017-05-19, 11:56 AM
Link to second draft on Homebrewery (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HkvAhNsgZ):

First Draft (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/B16uI3ueb).

Inspirations: Assassin's Creed, James Bond, Batman, Black Widow from The Avengers franchise

My goal was to make a gadgeteer style Rogue while trying to not step on the toes of the Artificer or Fighters.

Any constructive feedback is welcome, especially critiques of the Devices feature or anything you feel I've overlooked.

LordFluffy
2017-05-22, 06:48 PM
Can't get into my homebrewry account to edit right the sec, but one thing I need to change is the climb speed on wrist hooks. Maybe make it so that each 2 ft of climbing costs 1 additional foot.

LordFluffy
2017-05-25, 09:47 AM
Updated again. Clarified some wordings, altered wrist hooks, and tried to make sure the language was consistent.

I'm not sure if I should take it as a good sign or a bad one that no one has commented on this.

stonegategames
2017-05-27, 12:59 AM
There's quite a bit here - not having read through all of it, my first concern is this feels similar to the Artificer Unearthed Arcana in that you must assume the character is building things in their spare time and then relying on items as class features. Using mechanics to dictate role play is a murky territory; I would try to avoid it.

Kits are designed to be simple. For rogues, you get the 3rd level archetype, then minor features at 9th, 13th, and 17th level.

My read on your kit is that you want a mix of the existing thief and assassin sub-classes. If I were you, I would try pulling from those and the monk's movement capabilities.

LordFluffy
2017-05-30, 10:16 AM
my first concern is this feels similar to the Artificer Unearthed Arcana in that you must assume the character is building things in their spare time and then relying on items as class features. Using mechanics to dictate role play is a murky territory; I would try to avoid it.

I did pull on the Artificer and the Battlemaster as inspiration.

I'm not sure how it's "using mechanics to dictate role play" any more than assuming wizards are working on the spells they get.

Kits are designed to be simple. For rogues, you get the 3rd level archetype, then minor features at 9th, 13th, and 17th level.
What options here feel complicated?