PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Cryomancy Ideas and Homebrew

Llama513
2017-05-19, 04:15 PM
In the past I brought over the icesinger, a bard archetype based around cold spells, and realized just how few spells related to ice and cold there are, as such I thought it might be a good idea to turn to the forum to create a collection, of ice spells, and ideas to be developed, I plan to start working on spells of my own, if you have any that you have designed feel free to link to them here.

Link to the spells I have worked on thus far is here (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/r1ePZy6xW)

Could use some help with levels of the spells, and separating sorcerer, warlock, and wizard lists

Llama513
2017-05-20, 04:48 PM
I developed this archetype awhile ago, but I believe it is fairly solid, feel free to take a look at it, the Icesinger Bardic Archetype (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HJFMGhj2)

Sariel Vailo
2017-05-20, 05:02 PM
i enjoy the cryomancy spells. just some questions snowsong what class should it be ice shield as a 5th level spell. i mean im havin a tough time feelin it.
i enjoy alot of these and am prepared to use them.most of these anyways like ice castle i like it but it is taaking from mordenkainens mansion it should also have some servants and a way tto prepare meals just having a fortress at 7 is high having an armed fortress at 8th could be cool either way..

Llama513
2017-05-20, 05:05 PM
i enjoy the cryomancy spells. just some questions snowsong what class should it be ice shield as a 5th level spell. i mean im havin a tough time feelin it.
i enjoy alot of these and am prepared to use them.most of these anyways

My bad about snowsong the bard above that list got deleted by accident

As for Iceshield what level would you suggest it be, as I am not great about the more defensive spells

and thank you I am glad that you enjoy the spells

Sariel Vailo
2017-05-20, 05:09 PM
My bad about snowsong the bard above that list got deleted by accident

As for Iceshield what level would you suggest it be, as I am not great about the more defensive spells

and thank you I am glad that you enjoy the spells
well look at the other defensive spells for 5e and try to appropriately monitor power. like why is ice shield better than mage armor. one is a static ac increase one just resists everyting. on a hit what if a fire genasi punches you and you just cant handle another hit reaction.or give it a plus 3 to ac in addition 5th level slots are competititive a lot of good stuff so it has to be a good defensive choice.also ice castle

Llama513
2017-05-20, 05:20 PM
well look at the other defensive spells for 5e and try to appropriately monitor power. like why is ice shield better than mage armor. one is a static ac increase one just resists everyting. on a hit what if a fire genasi punches you and you just cant handle another hit reaction.or give it a plus 3 to ac in addition 5th level slots are competititive a lot of good stuff so it has to be a good defensive choice.also ice castle

It is better than mage armor because it is a 5th level slot, and only lasts a minute, as for the reaction, I don't think that is a good idea, as if you used the spell against a fire genasi, you earned the pummeling that is coming, and with the power of resisting everything besides fire, I think it offers plenty of defensive power.

What are you concerns about Ice Castle?

The Sadistic DM
2017-05-22, 10:00 AM
One idea for a spell might be Avalanche. Have it be like tsunami but cold damage, bludgeoning damage, and a few cold specific effects. Just an Idea.

Llama513
2017-05-22, 02:31 PM
One idea for a spell might be Avalanche. Have it be like tsunami but cold damage, bludgeoning damage, and a few cold specific effects. Just an Idea.

I will definitely give that a look

Llama513
2017-05-22, 07:37 PM
Tweaked most of the spells, and added avalanche to the spell list