PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Thoughts about 'Heart of Steel' graft in high level game?

Rofltrollcopter
2017-05-19, 09:00 PM
Hello Playground, I'm looking at joining a high level 3.5 game, and I was looking at the 'Construct Grafter' feat, and more specifically the 'Heart of Steel' graft. It grants a few nice immunities (poison, disease, paralysis) but it has the drawback of halving any hitpoints or ability point recovery you recover through magic or other abilities. I don't have a lot of experience with high level play, so I was wondering how detrimental this drawback is in practice.

Is this something that would be crippling in high level play, or is this an interesting drawback with a reasonable trade off?

Thurbane
2017-05-20, 07:55 PM
At higher levels, having healing halved shouldn't be that big a deal. As the forum mantra goes, in combat healing is generally a waste of time; out of combat, if the efficacy is halved, it's not really that big a deal.

Also, it only affects spells with the healing subschool and (Su) healing abilities.

Stone Body (+ Transmute Mud to Rock), Fire Dance and Irian's Light are examples of spells that can heal, without having the healing subschool.