PDA

View Full Version : Statting up Goku DBS on 3.5

flappeercraft
2017-05-19, 09:08 PM
So I wanted to stat up Goku at his max power on 3.5 but due to the massiveness of his feats while using power scaling I would probably need some help from people who can stat up massive numbers like these more easily. To those interested these are the numbers that would need to be statted up.

Here are some approximate non D&D stats:
-(Strength) In DBS SSG Goku and Beerus were clashing punches, 3 uncontrolled punch clashes would have destroyed the Macrocosm of the DBSverse which is made of 3 universes (Living world, Afterlife/Heaven, Hell) meaning a punch from goku is half universal at that point. He later absorbed the power of the form to his base, which with only SSJ3 would be 400 times that, due to estimations it has been taken that SSB is at least 10x SSJ3 so 4,000x base. By the universal tournament Goku had trained about 4 years and is estimated to have become about 3 times his power by that time, so by that 6,000 times the universe destroyed. He fought Hit at Kaioken x10 on that tournament and they were even, after about 30 episodes Goku without Kaioken fought Hit who he stated had become stronger meaning he is at least 10x what he was before setting him to 60,000 universes destroyed, 600,000 adding Kaioken x10.
TL;DR: 600,000 universes destroyed with a single punch

-(Speed) Champa one of the gods of destruction suppressed his power below SSB Goku in the beginning of Universe 6 tournament Arc to not be detected by another God of destruction and from the center of the Universe (Living world) jumped to outside the universe in what in a couple of seconds. It is estimated to have been quintillions to sextillions FTL. From that time Goku has gotten around 200x stronger so anywhere from high quintillions to low septillions FTL at his max speed.
TL;DR: Anywhere from high quintillions to low septillions FTL (times Faster than light)

-(Endurance) Dragon Ball logic basically has it that Endurance>=Strength for the most part so at the very least Goku at the moment has the endurance of 600,000 universes when at max power.

(Calculations by Seththeprogrammer)

On Class he would definitely be a Monk/Unarmed Swordsage with probably levels in Warlock or in a Psionic class in conjunction with the tashalatora feat and some power point recharge trick.

noob
2017-05-19, 09:34 PM
Maybe he is just a straight epic level 35 wizard who use time stop at will through innate spell and who used the omniscifer trick for using infinite dc epic spells and he use genesis in an infinitely fast time plane each time he trains and use an ice assassin looking like if it was training for diversion.(so that people do not think he trains in an infinite time speed demiplane)
In which case you do not need a lot of numbers.
And the feats he take in epic progression are just the following:
epic spellcasting at level 21.
From level 23 to 33 he take that feat that gives a spell slot of one level higher each time it is taken.
Level 35 he takes innate spell time stop.(alternatively do the trick with greater celerity it goes on line earlier and you can interact normally with the world when it happens)
Additionally pre epic he just needs to do a variant of the omniscifer trick.(I think it can be done with straight wiz but it is slower than with artificer)

Remuko
2017-05-19, 09:49 PM
I have to call BS on a lot of that. The reason the clashes caused problems is because Gods arent allowed to fight, not because of the power itself.

No one aside from the Angels in Super can travel at FTL speed, and combat speeds are much lower than long distance travel speeds. That said Goku's Instant Transmission IS instant, not light speed or higher so he's got that going for him at least. Champa while travelling thru U7 undetected, Vados was doing all the flying, not Champa, just as Whis ferry's Beerus everywhere.

All that said aside I think your numbers on how strong Goku is/has gotten since SSG are vastly overestimated.

I do not think there is any effective way to accurately replicate Goku as is in Super in the 3.5 system.

Naez
2017-05-19, 09:59 PM
I don't think 3.5 is the best system to attempt to handle someone on par with deities, even epic. I'd be more inclined to use Exalted.

flappeercraft
2017-05-19, 09:59 PM
seththeprogrammer has the math on the speed, got that from there. If you don't believe me watch his channel and look at the calculations he made. Also if you watched the BoG arc you would know that Goku did in fact fight Beerus. I'm pretty sure the rule is no fighting between gods of destrction IIRC not just no fighting as on Goku vs Beerus they did make a long fight without anyone really interfering much while Beerus vs Champa was like instantly stopped by Whis and Vados. The strength calculations are the generally accepted ones for the most part when not low balling.

Edit: Also how if no one can travel FTL speeds then how did raditz dodge the special beam cannon from Piccolo at point blank ranged if that same beam destroyed the moon and reached it in about 2 seconds and it takes light speed 1.3 seconds, that was before Vegeta even arrived on earth when piccolo destroyed the moon. By the time that Goku reaches namek ther eis no way he is not at the very least 3x faster than that and even assuming he still went at half FTL by the time he fought frieza which would be slower than the special beam cannon then with SSJ he would go at 25x the speed of light. Also even without taking the Champa thing you can even many other feats such as on namek saga crossing the planet in IIRC a second although I might be wrong on that one. That was base form and there is no way he has not become at least thousand fold faster with simple lowballing estimates of checking the series and manga.

Edit 2: The video where basically all the calculations given were obtained from (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4sbHykNvDo) of course keep in mind that this video is slightly outdated so there are some pieces of information missing so I took the strength one from a more recent calculation but I can't find it atm. As always I would advice to take the information with a grain of salt as these kind of videos tend to have a detail or 2 off.

Also on the thing of no accurate representation on 3.5, seems like it. Have not been able to find anything that can really replicate it as some of these things are not really translatable into D&D mechanics but I wanted to give it a shot

Gruftzwerg
2017-05-20, 12:27 AM
My Almighty Claw of Malar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?518880-Almighty-Claw-of-Malar-(v2-0)-a-monk-warlock-gish)is heavily inspired by DBZ and can at least copy some of the physical combat (and adds perception & deception skills to it). Have a look and take some parts as base construct maybe. Than push it into Epic.

Imho you will need to go Monk2/Warlock3/Drunken Master 2/Barb 1/Enlightened fist 10/ as base.

Drunken Master 2 (not the film^^) gives Stagger. Stagger lets you freely change directions while charging/pouncing. This enables Charge every turn. With access to Fell Flight, you can pounce an enemy already in front of you with a looping (something Goku did often in DBZ, didn't watch much of DBS yet, I a missing time..^^). Later when he reached "perfect maneuverability" he just flies a short distance back and charges/pounces in again.
Stagger is mandatory for this fighting style. Further it enables charge/pounce multipliers every turn/attack and thus lets your DPR skyrocket into the area it starts fitting Goku's power lvl.

Also how if no one can travel FTL speeds then how did raditz dodge the special beam cannon from Piccolo at point blank ranged if that same beam destroyed the moon and reached it in about 2 seconds and it takes light speed 1.3 seconds,
Immediate Action (short range) teleport. There are some ways to cover this up without needing FTL speeds.
Same with Goku's Instant Transmission. It ain't regular movement.. Even the DragonBall wikis tell you that it's "Teleportation" and not regular movement. So no FTL speeds involved here.

some observations I made in DB/Z about Goku's fly ability. He starts at average (no hover at the beginning IIRC), gets fast to good (can hover, but you can see how his ki-energy is jet-streaming down) and finally to perfect (no effort to fly. can just hang in the air with no effort.). Depending on which lvl you wanna start him, this could be worked into the build progression (FF starts at good and you could take a feat/item to improve to perfect).

KillianHawkeye
2017-05-20, 02:00 AM
My advice for this project is just don't.

D&D is absolutely not designed to emulate anything on the scale of DBZ once you get to the point of guys who can destroy entire planets in a single shot (everything post-Vegeta). Even the sorts of concepts that are quite common in Dragon Ball and many other martial arts style mangas/animes (sensing energy, firing lasers from your hands, dodging attacks at the speed of light, the idea of ki in general) are handled poorly if at all within D&D unless you just want to re-brand normal magic as fighting techniques.

On the other hand, you can get away with emulating most of the original Dragon Ball with a mid- or high-level D&D character. I once designed a Monk/Warlock character (mostly Warlock) for exactly that purpose, but I knew going in that it would need to be scaled back a lot.

The problem with D&D is that it doesn't scale properly. Even going into epic levels, at a certain point you just have higher numbers. Epic spellcasting aside, no new powers or crazy game-changing abilities come online when a character hits level 30 or 40, you're just better at whatever you could do at level 20. Making a D&D character inspired by DBZ is fine if you accept the limits inherent in the system; actually statting up SS-anything Goku as a D&D character just can't be done.

khadgar567
2017-05-20, 02:00 AM
welcome to another lets create saitama treat i think we are out of our depth right know guys since goku never sold his soul to demon or fey or old one warlock is out of picture and my build probably sage 20 from spheres of might but its not published yet so no builds on my part

Gruftzwerg
2017-05-20, 03:02 AM
welcome to another lets create saitama treat i think we are out of our depth right know guys since goku never sold his soul to demon or fey or old one warlock is out of picture

1st there is a thing called refluff. We try to adapt the stats, skills & abilities not the entire background story.

2nd to mention is, since when does the warlock need to do that? The class description (only fluff text, no actual rules) only talks about your ancestors that have made a dark pact. Nothing that implies that you yourself have made some kind of pact.

3rd: is there even a way to have a real pact as "base warlock" at lvl 1?? I guess not from the abilities available (Eldritch Blast + 1 random invocation). I mean it's not that at every corner some evil thing is waiting for you to offer you a dark pact (as a simple commoner).

Lord Raziere
2017-05-20, 03:12 AM
I don't think 3.5 is the best system to attempt to handle someone on par with deities, even epic. I'd be more inclined to use Exalted.

No, Exalted is lower powered than 3.5 actually. the Exalted only defeated the Primordials through teamwork and having a specific technique to get around a spirits immunity to dying, not through actually being that powerful.

The only systems that could really model this kind of thing are systems either Fate or Shonen Burst which are incredibly narrative. I mean I guess you could try using M&M3e if you want but that has its own problems

Or you look into DBZ fan roleplaying games. I think there is one standalone out there, but the one I currently have is a supplement for playing Bleach d20 Classless.