PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Divine Metamagic on Arcane Caster

Gruftzwerg
2017-05-20, 01:11 AM
Last night in a thread about Master of Radiance (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?524799-Is-it-at-all-possible-to-make-Master-of-Radiance-workable) I did come up with the idea which lets you get access to Divine Metamagic as Arcane Caster.
Dunno if anyone else had this idea yet. I tried to google a bit last night but couldn't find anything similar so far. Since this is (imho) high lvl cheese and the other thread isn't actually aimed at that, I thought I would make a separate thread to bring more attention to this.

If this idea/cheese was already known, I am sorry for my lack of luck while searching and that I am bothering you..^^

the idea:

1.) take an arcane Caster with access to Daylight (e.g. Wizard/Sorcerer)
2.) take Souther Magican feat (lets you cast your Daylight spell as divine for entering the prc)
3.) dip 1 lvl into Master of Radiance asap (gives Turn Undead)
4.) take Divine Metamagic feat
5.) PROFIT!

You can add Extra Turning (feat) and Nightsticks for more cheese.

Imho this opens a lot of strong metamagic options for Arcane Casters. And for those arcane classes who are missing "Daylight" on their spell list, there would be still the option to add Wyrm Wizard 2 to get access to Daylight and than dip Master of Radiance.

What are your thoughts on this? Any ideas adding to it? Or did you already know about it (and I should refine my search skills. btw, the search function of the site is a headache. and as said google didn't bring me any more results)?

edit:
Wizard gets Daylight at lvl 5 together with a metamagic feat. So he can access MoR at lvl 6 and take Divine Metamagic and start to having fun.

noce
2017-05-20, 03:43 AM
Usually this combo is done with Sacred Exorcist instead of Master of Radiance, so that you don't lose a caster level.

remetagross
2017-05-20, 08:34 AM
Also, one of the Illumian power sigils lets use use the effect of the Divine Metamagic feat on any spell regardless of its source, twice per day. It even saves the pain of taking the Divine Metamagic feat itself. By going Death Master (a Dragon Compendium base class) you get both Rebuke Undead and a good amount of arcane casting.

fish175
2017-05-20, 09:42 AM
In the dread necromancers handbook it's the same strategy since the dread necro is an arcane caster and metamagic like fell drain, fell frighten og fell raise. Since the dread necro has turn you only need that one class and southern magician.