PDA

View Full Version : Best epic feats

Yklikt
2017-05-20, 05:53 AM
Like the title. what do people think the really good epic feats are?

Do not count epic Spellcasting for this purpose, please.

OldTrees1
2017-05-20, 06:30 AM
Lots of Epic feats are weak compared to non Epic feats. We all know WotC gives casters all the nice things, but several epic caster feats are weaker than non epic martial feats.

Of the remaining tiny selection, all of them are still negligible in comparison to Epic Spellcasting.

So the 5 best Epic feats are:

Epic Spellcasting
Epic Spellcasting
Still Epic Spellcasting
Epic Spellcasting again
some other feat ... just kidding, Epic Spellcasting again

Yklikt
2017-05-20, 07:24 AM
Lots of Epic feats are weak compared to non Epic feats. We all know WotC gives casters all the nice things, but several epic caster feats are weaker than non epic martial feats.

Of the remaining tiny selection, all of them are still negligible in comparison to Epic Spellcasting.

So the 5 best Epic feats are:

Epic Spellcasting
Epic Spellcasting
Still Epic Spellcasting
Epic Spellcasting again
some other feat ... just kidding, Epic Spellcasting again

I forgot about that feat, thanks. Any other suggestions.

remetagross
2017-05-20, 08:23 AM
I've heard that the epic Warlock and Binder feats were actually halfway decent.

For more general feats, by peeking at the SRD right now, stuff like Automatic Quicken Spell, Improved Metamagic, Improved Spell Capacity, Multispell, Music of the Gods, Permanent Emanation, Dragon Wild Shape and the other epic Wild Shape feat (basically saving up a Shapechange), Epic Leadership, the various Craft Epic Magic Item all cool enough. Among the martial feats, Sneak Attack of Opportunity seems to stand out. Maybe also Spellcasting Harrier.

ben-zayb
2017-05-20, 08:36 AM
^ Seconding that. Basically those that further improve one's magical ablility. I'd just add Spell Stowaway to that list.

Problem with Sneak-AoO is that you need to waste Rogue levels on it. It's fine otherwise.

Improved Combat Reflexes is nice, but should it really be an epic feat?

Âmesang
2017-05-20, 09:31 AM
As a fan of barbarians I've always been partial to Terrifying Rage, and as a paladin/blackguard fan I like Improved/Widen Aura Of Courage/Despair.

Eldariel
2017-05-20, 09:41 AM
Exceptional Deflection among the noncaster feats stands out. Caster-feats>>noncaster though.