PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Is the octopus alive or dead?

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-01, 10:37 PM
There's an "X" in the octopus's eye, but that could just be because it was stabbed by Lien. It's green and the eye is still supposedly open. So is it dead or alive?

Discuss.

Scarab83
2007-08-01, 10:38 PM
I don't think she hit it in the eye.

Porthos
2007-08-01, 11:05 PM

If you check the previous comic, you can see the octopus' yellow eye right at sea level. Lein definitely stabbed the octopus in the eye.

There's an "X" in the octopus's eye, but that could just be because it was stabbed by Lien. It's green and the eye is still supposedly open. So is it dead or alive?

Discuss.

There isn't an "X" in the eye.... Just the S/FX of the spear entering the eye/fiendish guts coming out of the eye. If you look closely, you will see that the green "X" is off-center, titled, squished, and much larger than the actual eye.

So I wouldn't say it is dead quite yet. :smallsmile:

Thomar_of_Uointer
2007-08-01, 11:06 PM

Check the last comic. Its eyes are yellow and situated right about where Lien is. You can also barely see some yellow where Lien hit it. Yeah, it looks like she got it right in the eye, but she probably didn't kill it (as Xed eyes in the OotS world are pretty much universally black). Also, as a summoned monster, it would disappear.

Scarab83
2007-08-01, 11:20 PM
Oops, you're right. I thought that bit of yellow was part of the spearhead. I doubt it's dead though, that would be too easy.

Edivad
2007-08-01, 11:55 PM
It's probably not dead yet but...but it MIGHT be. Consider that it has probably taken a lot of hits, even if these were not shown "on screen."
Oh, and I didn't know these kind of animals(cephalopods) had green blood. I just learned something, nice!

Tharr
2007-08-02, 12:33 AM
The octopus needs to grow back testicles attack ship.
Like hope the magic grows testicles back faster.

Kjata
2007-08-02, 12:36 AM

You mean tentacles right dude?

If not...:smalleek:

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-02, 01:07 AM
You mean tentacles right dude?

If not...:smalleek:

ROFL!!! Haha! Nice! Yes, octopi have eight testicles. They wrap their testicles around prey and strangle them in their testicles. Their testicles...

I think I'll stop now.

Ithekro
2007-08-02, 01:09 AM
:smallamused: Roy's going to need that ability....

the_tick_rules
2007-08-02, 01:19 AM
it's not dead yet.

Porthos
2007-08-02, 01:21 AM
ROFL!!! Haha! Nice! Yes, octopi have eight testicles. They wrap their testicles around prey and strangle them in their testicles.

Wait a minute.... Are you saying that the octopus's testicles are going to crush Hinjo's Junk? :smalleek:

Kjata
2007-08-02, 01:42 AM
:smallamused: Roy's going to need that ability....

Hell yea he will.

I love when a typo makes a hilarious thread.:smallcool:

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-02, 01:59 AM
Hell yea he will.

I love when a typo makes a hilarious thread.:smallcool:

The typo didn't make the thread, I made the thread. The thread was MADE hilarious by the typo, however. I think YOU have made a typo! *points the accusatory finger at Kjata*

By the way, I was parodying Tharr's typo, not actually saying the octopus had 8 testicles.

Kjata
2007-08-02, 05:46 AM
I think YOU have maded a typo! *points the accusatory finger at Kjata*

Check again. I believe it was YOU! I see an extra 'd' in that quote!

Which i added. Heeheehee.

Oxymoron
2007-08-02, 07:07 AM
Ha, ha, ha!

Scarab83
2007-08-02, 03:23 PM
No offense Tharr.. but you need to find a better translation program.

David Argall
2007-08-02, 04:14 PM
It doesn't look like the typical X=dead X, so the odds are it's still alive, tho I won't bet against this being the last we see of it.

PaladinFreak
2007-08-02, 04:16 PM
You people are sick, sick, sick.

Strengfellow
2007-08-02, 04:25 PM
This thread just made my night.

It also makes me see my other online names "Squidboy" and "son_of_squid" in a whole new light.

Quikngruvn
2007-08-02, 04:40 PM

And you're just now figuring that out? :smallbiggrin:

This must be what you get when you cross calamari with Rocky Mountain oysters....

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-02, 09:38 PM

How dare you insult me like that?! Attack, my faithful war testicles! Leave no witnesses! No survivors! Crush him, my testicles! Haha! Chain him, castrate him and throw him into the ocean! Go team testicle!

RAGE KING!
2007-08-03, 02:27 PM
Its not dead, as a summoned creature it would disappear right?

It will die soon, its been dealt alot of damage, and now has a paladin on a shark to deal with.

Tharr
2007-08-04, 02:58 AM
The creature is boy has testicles if girl they its got octopussy like girls.
Like maybe its the V like version and nobody knows gender now done.

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-04, 03:02 AM

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH hahahaha! Aw, man, that is SICK but HILARIOUS! Lowbrow is indeed the best brow!

Tharr is like Thog gone bad.

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-04, 03:04 AM

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH hahahaha! Aw, man, that is SICK but HILARIOUS! Lowbrow is indeed the best brow!

RAGE KING!
2007-08-04, 10:50 AM
Giant octopus: 47 hp

Hits so far (at least):

2 longspear (1 lien, 1 guy shown in last comic)
1 war hammer (durkon) - this was a sunder attempt, and thus did 5 damage

2d8 = 4.5 x 2 + 5= 14

hits next round (probably):

2 longspear (1 lien, 1 guy shown in last comic)
1 war hammer (durkon)
1 large shark bite. (razor)
1 katana (hinjo)

14 + 8.5 + 5.7 = 28.2

28.2 + 14 = 42.2 = 42

Liens shark bit through two tentacles, which im assuming are sunder attempts. they both succeeded thus dealing 10 damage to the octopus.

After next round the octopus should have -5 hp, unless redcloak buffed it.

- Also, somebody else probably has hit it, and lien, hinjo etc. might make more than one attack. The octopus will probably die next comic.

Fluff
2007-08-04, 03:24 PM

*Snort* *Snigger* *Cough* S-S-Sigged *Wheeze* *Passes out*

(Every freaking time he visits these forums...You people, are sick and twisted. ... ... ... Wow. Big surprise. *Super glues Fluff to a pole* He's your problem now. *Walks off*)

Chronos
2007-08-05, 08:39 PM
In all seriousness, male octopodes really do have one tentacle of their eight specialized for use as a sexual organ. But it's a sperm delivery organ, not sperm production, so it still isn't analogous to a testicle.

ForzaFiori
2007-08-05, 09:14 PM
In all seriousness, male octopodes really do have one tentacle of their eight specialized for use as a sexual organ. But it's a sperm delivery organ, not sperm production, so it still isn't analogous to a testicle.

I'm afraid to ask how you know that.

NeonRonin
2007-08-05, 10:01 PM
Well, with the events of strip 480 and the current absence of the octopus, I'd say it's dead now. (Notice the little 'poof' sound effect.)

Chronos
2007-08-05, 10:28 PM
I'm afraid to ask how you know that.I rolled a successful Knowledge (useless information) check.

Seriously, I think I first heard it from one of those nature documentary shows.

Ithekro
2007-08-05, 10:32 PM
#480: Now it is dead, but was it every truely alive?

mockingbyrd7
2007-08-06, 01:01 AM
#480: Now it is dead, but was it every truely alive?

Well, they killed it metaphorically speaking. They didn't rekill it, it never died. It really never was alive, so it never could die in the first place. Therefore it isn't dead. But see, it is dead, just not dead dead, since it never lived. Get it? Got it? Good. I'm gone.