PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Snake guys optimization help

Monti
2017-05-20, 02:42 PM
How can i optimize Yuan-ti?
Warlock-only or they are good in other roles? What do you know about Yuan-ti builds in AL?
Thanks if you Answer <3

lunaticfringe
2017-05-20, 03:10 PM
Dragon Sorcerer? The scales help with lower Dex & Proficiency in Con should help with lower Con.

Khrysaes
2017-05-20, 03:13 PM
Paladin is a good choice.

Ancient Paladin MC Warlock at 8/12 is a good choice for AL. Cha to damage if you pick blade, but Cha to damage with Eldritch blast, resistance to all spells on top of advantage to save, short rest spell slots to fuel smite, plenty of nice invocations, and whatnot.

Paladin/Bard or Sorc is a good choice as well, higher level spells and more slots for smites, and added versatility a warlock wouldn't get. Slots are long rest though.

Oathbreakers get Cha to damage.

Non AL:

paladin multiclassed Warlock, in particular Hexblades are a better choice.

Hexblades can use Cha for attack and Damage instead of Str. Unless they use the hexblade specific Cursebringer, which uses STR for attack and damage. This invocation makes less sense..

I also considered a Bear Totem Barbarian, getting half damage to everything(and an emotionless raging yuanti sounds hilarious to me) Multiclassed again with warlock. Gets the resistance earlier than paladin, though it is more limited, but it allows resistance and HexBlade hex at will(warlock 14). could either finish with up to 17 warlock, or place those 3 levels elsewhere, 16/4 is a good split, if you dont care about the ASI and 8th level spell, 2 fighter is good.

Klorox
2017-05-20, 03:30 PM
I'd love to do the classic paladin 6/sorcerer X.

Paladin 2/sorcerer X is awesome too.