PDA

View Full Version : People play d&d on this site? How?

Dankus Memakus
2017-05-20, 10:35 PM
Whilst stumbling around in these forums as the noob i am i noticed people talking about playing on this site. How does one do this because i want in so bad.

JNAProductions
2017-05-20, 10:37 PM
Check this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?51-Finding-Players-(Recruitment)) out.

Dankus Memakus
2017-05-20, 10:43 PM
Check this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?51-Finding-Players-(Recruitment)) out.

I dont understand do you play in the forums?

JNAProductions
2017-05-20, 10:44 PM
For the most part, yes. It's called Play By Post, and it takes a while to complete games.

But you can sometimes find or create Skype or Roll20 games.

Edit: You technically can even search for local gamers-but that's a very long shot. I'd advise another site for local gaming.

Dankus Memakus
2017-05-20, 10:45 PM
For the most part, yes. It's called Play By Post, and it takes a while to complete games.

But you can sometimes find or create Skype or Roll20 games.

So do you just wait your turn and post something (im okay with the session taking a bit, i play irl weekly so it wont kill me to wait) Like do you still roll and people take your word for it or is it all roleplaying and dm just decides if you pass or fail

JNAProductions
2017-05-20, 10:47 PM
So do you just wait your turn and post something (im okay with the session taking a bit, i play irl weekly so it wont kill me to wait)

Depends. Out of combat, you can post pretty frequently, dependent on the other players. In combat, you'll usually wait your turn, and if people take too long, they get NPCed.

Edit: The forum has a built in dice-roller, so you roll.

Dankus Memakus
2017-05-20, 10:55 PM
Depends. Out of combat, you can post pretty frequently, dependent on the other players. In combat, you'll usually wait your turn, and if people take too long, they get NPCed.

Edit: The forum has a built in dice-roller, so you roll.

Holy **** how do i do that?! This is mind blowing!

JNAProductions
2017-05-20, 10:57 PM
You can't, in this subforum. You can only do it in the Play-By-Post section, but there's a die-rolling subforum just for testing rolls out.

Here's the code:

1d20 Rolls a 20 sided die.
2d8+4 Rolls 2 8 sided dice, adds 4.
4d6b3 Rolls 4 6 sided dice, takes the best 3.

Dankus Memakus
2017-05-20, 11:00 PM
Can i make a private play by post section just for my friends?

JNAProductions
2017-05-20, 11:01 PM
Can i make a private play by post section just for my friends?

Sure thing. Just make a PbP thread, and label it "Private" so no one else interferes.

Actually, you could probably just skip straight to the OOC and IC threads, and no one would bother you.

Dankus Memakus
2017-05-20, 11:04 PM
Sure thing. Just make a PbP thread, and label it "Private" so no one else interferes.

Actually, you could probably just skip straight to the OOC and IC threads, and no one would bother you.

I really appreciate your help. I'm pretty sad I didn't find out about this sooner.