PDA

View Full Version : the most obscure question

arch-fiend
2017-05-21, 12:10 AM
so i'm not exactly sure where i should actually be asking this, but it is a question about SOMETHING related to D&D 3rd edition. so right now i'm reading through a bunch of old issues of dragon magazine from the 3rd/3.5 era and i saw an advertisement for a d20 product that i've never seen elsewhere before. its on page 109 of dragon 288. the ad is simply a white blank featureless page with the word "namsco" in the center of it and down at the bottom it says "an asian campaign setting released november/december 2001" and below that "www(dot)namscod20(dot)com". i'm wondering if anyone knows anything about what this is referencing and i would like the most information about what this asian campaign setting it is referring to.

AstralFire
2017-05-21, 12:55 AM
Namsco appears to have been a short-lived independent publisher that announced this project in 2001, and folded prior to release. The only information that can be found on the company is that they were releasing an "Asian", Japanese-focused supplement meant to be compatible with Oriental Adventures. There is never even a name given to the setting in anything that I have found.

arch-fiend
2017-05-21, 10:04 AM
alright, thank you. i was just wondering if there was anything more to it than that.