PDA

View Full Version : Ways to qualify as monstrous for the Corrupted Wild Shape feat

WhiteBread
2017-05-21, 12:32 PM
See the title. Any suggestions how to do so as a Hengeyokai?

torrasque666
2017-05-21, 12:39 PM
Your ability to change shape alone should qualify you.
Monstrous forms and abilities are those that are typically unavailable to humanoid or animal creatures, including but not limited to extra appendages, nonstandard appendages, and extraordinary, supernatural, or spell-like abilities.

Why Corrupted Wild Shape though? Its necessity was removed with the errata to Wild Shape which turned it from working like Polymorph to working like Alternate Form (which has no specification on needing to be living, and also had the polymorph mechanics removed through errata.)

WhiteBread
2017-05-21, 12:51 PM
Your ability to change shape alone should qualify you.

Why Corrupted Wild Shape though? Its necessity was removed with the errata to Wild Shape which turned it from working like Polymorph to working like Alternate Form (which has no specification on needing to be living, and also had the polymorph mechanics removed through errata.)

Heavy Undead based campaign. I could at least "bluff" my way as an Undead past others. And I want as many forms as possible.

Doctor Awkward
2017-05-21, 01:02 PM
See the title. Any suggestions how to do so as a Hengeyokai?

Corrupted Wild Shape requires you to be undead.

You must therefore be playing either a monstrous creature that is already undead, or acquire a one of the many templates to achieve that status; vampire, awakened skeleton, curst, necropolitan, lich, etc...

WhiteBread
2017-05-21, 01:27 PM
Corrupted Wild Shape requires you to be undead.

You must therefore be playing either a monstrous creature that is already undead, or acquire a one of the many templates to achieve that status; vampire, awakened skeleton, curst, necropolitan, lich, etc...

Would the feat lichloved work for that?

Doctor Awkward
2017-05-21, 01:32 PM
Would the feat lichloved work for that?

It doesn't change your creature type to undead, so no.