View Full Version : Lizardfolk Question

Torzen
2017-05-21, 04:39 PM
Hey guys I am running a campaign right now and need some help. My PCs are busy at the moment but one of them has Lizardfolk as a natural enemy. And I'm trying do do a few things that involves their backgrounds. But I can't find anything that includes Lizardfolk. Any help would be great.

Kane0
2017-05-21, 04:48 PM
Monster manual has the basics on them, and if you have a copy of Volo's Guide to Monsters there is more detail in there.

What info did you need specifically?

Puh Laden
2017-05-21, 05:05 PM
If youre doing a generic setting and not a pre-made one, and youre looking for ideas you could bounce ideas off of the player. Why is the character enemies with lizardfolk? Or if you mean you have a ranger who has chosen lizardfolk as a favored enemy that doesnt necessarily means they hate all lizardfolk, just that they know a lot about them.

The default lizardfolk are cold mindedly neutral and pragmatic. As for me, theyre one of my go-tos for enslaved races that the party help free from hobgoblins or orcs or some such.

Torzen
2017-05-21, 05:26 PM
The Pc is a race similar to beastfolk and was raised by a Orc horde (comprised of 3 tribes). Which were pushed out of the ancestry swamp lands. I was thinking of doing something involving a ancient Lizardfolk temple that was in the heart of the swamp. Some way for the party to push them out because they are causing problems for the area. But I can't find anything good online that I might be able to use.

Unoriginal
2017-05-21, 05:35 PM
What do you mean by "anything good" ? Do you want ideas of scenarios involving lizardfolk?

Puh Laden
2017-05-21, 05:39 PM
So youre looking for a dungeon or adventure then? Do you know the Dmsguild? There are plenty of free or pay-what-you-want (including $0) adventures on there.

Torzen
2017-05-21, 05:49 PM
What do you mean by "anything good" ? Do you want ideas of scenarios involving lizardfolk?

Something along those lines yes. But I was looking to see if there was something out there already that I may modify. Or if anybody had any good ideas about something involving Lizardfolk.

Torzen
2017-05-21, 06:00 PM
So youre looking for a dungeon or adventure then? Do you know the Dmsguild? There are plenty of free or pay-what-you-want (including $0) adventures on there.

Yes I have looked on there and all I could really find was info on Lizardfolk. Nothing like adventure setting or anything.

Khrysaes
2017-05-21, 06:24 PM
Yes I have looked on there and all I could really find was info on Lizardfolk. Nothing like adventure setting or anything.

There is a ton of 3.5 stuff that has lizardfolk, in multiple monster manuals, and several free adventures. The serpent kingdoms book has an entire section about lizardfolk and similar races as well. It may not be directly translatable to 5e, but it should give you some ideas. I am also sure that 4e has some, though i don't know what.

The forgotten realms wiki may be a good source too

mgshamster
2017-05-21, 07:18 PM

Find any low level adventure and just replace the orcs and goblins with lizardfolk.

Findulidas
2017-05-22, 08:56 AM
Find any low level adventure and just replace the orcs and goblins with lizardfolk.

Yeah, converting premade campaigns seems like what you want to do. Just change the cave with the orcs/trolls to a swampy one with some tidbits of lizard aestetics and you are set.