PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Combat healing savage

Matrota
2017-05-22, 10:05 AM
I'm thinking of creating a new character either as a backup or as a character to introduce in a later campaign, and I'd like some advice.

The concept is this. I want to play a very natural / savage type character who heals during (and outside of) battle, with both fast healing and regeneration if possible. My original thought was to play a feral troll-blooded shapechanger, possibly starting as a crusader for the martial spirit maneuver, taking warshaper at 5th level and going from there. Is this a reasonable build? What would you giants reccomend? I know feral and warshaper fast healing wouldn't stack, but I love the flavor of a warshaper for this build.

EDIT: My group plays 3.5e, all official sources are allowed, no PF or homebrew. We also use xp penalty rules, so I'd like to avoid any Elminster monstrosity builds.

Fouredged Sword
2017-05-22, 11:49 AM
Well, the first one that comes to mind is a druid, possibly the shapeshifter variant if you don't want to be totally overpowered. Take the spontaneous rejuvenation ACF so you can burn your spells for fast healing even while shifted. A quick application of form of the X before shifting turns you into a melee monster and you still have plenty of spells to heal between combats.

If you want to be not a spellcaster I recommend a quasi-lycanthrope dwarf Incarnate 3/ Crusader 3 / ironsoul forgemaster 2 / Warshaper 4 / Ironsoul forgemaster 8.

Immunity to critical hits, DR 10/silver, fast healing, and resistance 5*essence invested to acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic at all times means you are a tough son of a B to put down.