PDA

View Full Version : Optimization What are the best [Chaotic] descriptor spells/summons for Clerics or Wizards?

Endarire
2017-05-22, 03:52 PM
Greetings, all!

What are the best [Chaotic] descriptor spells or summonlings for Clerics or Wizards? I was considering going LN Cleric1/Conjurer1/Wizard-advancing PrCs (for summoning).

I'm not interested in debating the optimization level or potential of this build. I merely want to know what best spells and summoned creatures I may miss (such as shun the dark chaos and embrace the dark chaos) due to alignment restrictions.

GilesTheCleric
2017-05-22, 04:06 PM
For Clerics: Anarchic Storm deals well above-average damage when you first get it. Extract Gift will let you easily boost your ability scores by up to +7. Magic Circle and Protection are always good, if only for the mind control and summon creature protection. Yochlol Blessing is nice for gishes, and always changes your type to Outsider for use with polymorphing. Word of Chaos is the alignment-shifted Holy Word, which though not an ideal alignment to use, benefits from all the same CL boosts.

I haven't done an inventory of summonable creatures yet, sorry, but I can link you to a number of references if you like.

Edit: I read your OP backwards. Aside from DCFS and Extract Gift, you're not missing much by eschewing C. I personally stand behind L as the optimal alignment on its axis.