PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Black Templar- A question about essence and temp hp

thecrimsondawn
2017-05-22, 06:58 PM
Drain Essence seems very very strong - most of all if you focus on having a lot of natural attacks or when TWFing. By level 16, you could be dishing out 30d8 minimum damage per round since I am seeing no once per turn limitations on it. However thats not what has me puzzled. What I am noticing is there is no ruling on max temp hp (normal DSP max is 50% of your max hp) and the text states you can have a max of twice your level in temp essence (aka a max of 20 after 2 attacks). 20 essence in one to two turns is a lot, and other then spending a swift to super charge all your veils with it to their max, I see no real way to spend that much essence. This leaves me with two questions

1 - Is it intended that the temp hp follows the normal rule on other DSP products capping at half your max hp?
and
2 - what - if any - ways are there to use all this essence? Other then Guru, Im not seeing much. Suggestions more then welcome :)