PDA

View Full Version : [PrC] Whooooooo! I'm invisible!

NakedCelt
2007-08-02, 06:10 AM
NATURIST

Hit Die: d12.

Requirements
To qualify to become a naturist, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
Alignment: Any chaotic.
Skills: Move Silently 8 ranks, Swim 8 ranks, Tumble 8 ranks.
Feats: Dodge, Improved Unarmed Strike.
Special: Must go without clothing and armour continuously for two weeks.

Class Skills
The naturist's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (dance) (Cha), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Wis) and Tumble (Dex).
Skill Points at Each Level: 6 + Int modifier.

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the naturist. A naturist may still count as "unclothed" for the purposes of the following abilities while jewellery such as an amulet, medallion, necklace, or ring, but not while wearing clothing or armour.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|AC Bonus|Speed Bonus

1st|+0|+2|+2|+2|Armour check bonus +2, commune with nature, endure elements, gaze attack I, light, natural grace, wild empathy, woodland stride|+0|+10 ft.
2nd|+1|+3|+3|+3|Evasion, gaze attack II|+0|+20 ft.
3rd|+2|+3|+3|+3|Camouflage, gaze attack III, uncanny dodge|+1|+20 ft.
4th|+3|+4|+4|+4|Armour check bonus +3, gaze attack IV, mettle|+1|+30 ft.
5th|+3|+4|+4|+4|Gaze attack V, improved evasion|+2|+30 ft.
6th|+4|+5|+5|+5|Fire shield, gaze attack VI|+2|+40 ft.
7th|+5|+5|+5|+5|Armour check bonus +4, gaze attack VII, improved uncanny dodge|+3|+40 ft.
8th|+6|+6|+6|+6|Gaze attack VIII, hide in plain sight|+3|+50 ft.
9th|+6|+6|+6|+6|Fast healing, gaze attack IX, timeless body|+4|+50 ft.
10th|+7|+7|+7|+7|Armour check bonus +5, damage reduction 20/magic, gaze attack X|+4|+60 ft.[/table]

Weapon and Armour Proficiency: Naturists gain no proficiency with any weapon or shield, and they lose any existing proficiency with armour.
AC Bonus (Ex): When unclothed, a naturist adds his Charisma bonus (if any) to his AC. In addition, a naturist gains a +1 deflection bonus to AC at 3rd level, and a further +1 deflection bonus every 2 levels thereafter.
Armour Check Bonus (Ex): When unclothed, a naturist gains a +2 armour check bonus to all skills that take an armour check penalty: Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Sleight of Hand, Swim, and Tumble. This bonus rises to +3 at 4th level, to +4 at 7th level, and to +5 at 10th level.
Commune with Nature (Sp): Once per day per naturist level when unclothed, a naturist can commune with nature as the spell.
Endure Elements (Su): When unclothed, a naturist is continuously protected from extremes of temperature as if by an endure elements spell.
Fast Movement (Ex): When unclothed, a naturist gains an enhancement bonus to his speed, as shown on the table above.
Gaze Attack (Su): When unclothed, a naturist may make a number of gaze attacks per day equal to 3 + his Cha bonus, emulating various spells as supernatural abilities (caster level = naturist level). Effects are as shown on the table below.

{table=head]Gaze Attack|Effect|Reflex Save DC

I|Charm person|10 + Cha bonus

I|Flare|10 + Cha bonus

II|Blindness|11 + Cha bonus

III|Deep slumber|12 + Cha bonus

IV|Charm monster|13 + Cha bonus

IV|Confusion|13 + Cha bonus

V|Hold monster|14 + Cha bonus

VI|Feeblemind|15 + Cha bonus

VII|Baleful polymorph|16 + Cha bonus

VIII|Flesh to stone|17 + Cha bonus

IX|Sunbeam|18 + Cha bonus

X|Death|19 + Cha bonus[/table]

Light (Sp): Once per day per naturist level when unclothed, a naturist can cause his body to light up as the spell.
Natural Grace (Su): When unclothed, a naturist adds his Charisma bonus (if positive) to all saving throws.
Wild Empathy (Ex): When unclothed, a naturist can use body language, vocalizations, and demeanour to improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions like a Diplomacy check. The naturist rolls 1d20 and adds his naturist level and his Charisma bonus to determine the wild empathy check result.
If the naturist already has wild empathy from another class, his levels from both classes stack for the purposes of the wild empathy check.
Woodland Stride (Ex): When unclothed, a naturist can move through any sort of natural undergrowth at his normal speed without taking damage or suffering any other impairment.
Evasion (Ex): If an unclothed naturist of 3rd level or higher makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage.
Camouflage (Ex): An unclothed naturist of 3rd level or higher can use the Hide skill even if he has no cover or concealment.
Uncanny Dodge (Ex): An unclothed naturist of 3rd level or higher retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. If the naturist already has uncanny dodge from another class, he automatically gains improved uncanny dodge.
Mettle (Ex): If an unclothed naturist of 4th level or higher makes a successful Will or Fortitude saving throw that would normally reduce a spell or other attack's effect rather than negating it, he suffers no effect from the attack at all.
Improved evasion (Ex): An unclothed naturist of 5th level or higher takes only half damage even on an unsuccessful Reflex save against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save.
Fire Shield (Sp): An unclothed naturist of 6th level or higher can use fire shield as a spell-like ability once per day.
Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): A naturist of 7th level or higher cannot be flanked when unclothed.
Hide in Plain Sight (Ex): An unclothed naturist of 8th level or higher can use the Hide skill even while being observed.
Fast Healing (Su): An unclothed naturist of 9th level or higher regains lost hit points at the rate of 1 hit point per hour per naturist level, even without rest.
Timeless Body (Su): A naturist of 9th level or higher no longer takes penalties to his ability scores for aging, and cannot be magically aged unless he is clothed. Bonuses still accrue, and the naturist still dies of old age when his time is up.
Damage Reduction (Su): An unclothed naturist of 10th level gains damage reduction 20/magic.

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-02, 06:46 AM
Really, it should have an ability at low levels to be invisible when no one is looking at them.

olelia
2007-08-02, 09:28 AM
Armour Check Bonus (Ex): When unclothed, a naturist gains a +2 armour check bonus to all skills that take an armour check penalty: Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Sleight of Hand, Swim, and Tumble. This bonus rises to +3 at 4th level, to +4 at 7th level, and to +5 at 10th level.

Is it really an armour check bonus seeing as she is not wearing armor.

DracoDei
2007-08-02, 09:34 AM
Maybe should be a +10% cost enhancement to magical clothing (but not armor) that turns it invisible and allows a naturalists abilities to function while wearing it...

KazilDarkeye
2007-08-02, 04:59 PM
Gah! Mental Images...so horrible. They will haunt me forever.
I'd better
a) find a burning stick to poke my eyes out with
b) find someone to cast cat's grace. preferably another member of this class

Djinn_in_Tonic
2007-08-02, 05:13 PM
Four words for amazing power.

Vow of Poverty Nymph.

Behold_the_Void
2007-08-02, 05:21 PM
Needs the ability to blind whoever looks at you.

Demented
2007-08-02, 08:18 PM
It seems odd that nearly every ability has to mention "when unclothed". Perhaps just sum up into a single paragraph all of the abilities that a Naturist cannot use while clothed?

Eleven
2007-08-02, 08:29 PM
I'm not sure if i can actually imagine anyone taking this class. It would be a little akward i think. Its cool though.

DracoDei
2007-08-02, 09:08 PM
Needs the ability to blind whoever looks at you.
They get that as their second gaze attack.

Matthew
2007-08-04, 10:39 PM
This reminds me a lot of the Chain Mail Bikini Rules form Bride of Portable Hole.

NakedCelt
2007-08-05, 05:26 AM
Is it really an armour check bonus seeing as she is not wearing armor.

Well, that's just it, you see. You get an armour check penalty when wearing armour because it hampers you. This class gets a bonus when not wearing hampering items. Clearly these are two facets of the same thing; therefore, they get the same name.

geez3r
2007-08-05, 02:35 PM
Very powerful class, but not being able to wear pants is quite the inventive draw back. Nicely done, though I am curious as to why they have a d12 HD, and DR.

Penguinizer
2007-08-05, 02:51 PM
They need an ability called "Bullet Proof Nudity" that gives them a 25% chance to dodge ranged attacks while not wearing anything.

NakedCelt
2007-08-06, 08:21 PM
They need an ability called "Bullet Proof Nudity" that gives them a 25% chance to dodge ranged attacks while not wearing anything.

Which is why they have a d12 HD, and DR.

Kiren
2007-08-06, 08:28 PM
A bit weird to be in that state around people, lol still good job

13_CBS
2007-08-06, 08:31 PM
You should add an alternative Naturist class that features an ability to instill Fear (as the spell) if the character has penalties to charisma, or is otherwise ugly.

FireSpark
2007-08-07, 11:20 AM
Both funny, creative, and something I'd love to play with my group. But I must give my 2 copper of critique though.

The class seems to be overflowing with wonderful abilities that is obviously a collection of the good stuff from other classes. The gaze attacks are a nice touch. However, both these gaze attacks, meshed with everything else, seems to overpower the PrC. Now, things that counter for the lack of shields and armor makes perfect sense (like the deflection bonus, d12 HD, fast healing, etc.) however, a DR of 20/magic seems a wee bit much. Heck, most demons max around DR 10 or 15 with a d8 HD, and they don't have the fast healing factor.

Other things, like maybe wild empathy and the fire shield ability, jsut don't seem to mesh flavor wise, while at the same time heaping even more abilities on a already packed class ability list.

As I said, it's a great concept, but it might need to reeled in just a bit. Especially if all they are losing is armor use.

NakedCelt
2007-08-08, 12:07 AM
Other things, like maybe wild empathy and the fire shield ability, jsut don't seem to mesh flavor wise, while at the same time heaping even more abilities on a already packed class ability list.

Wild Empathy reflects the naturist's conscious refusal of the clothing that separates his body from the world, and a consequent rapport with other creatures that do without it. Fire shield, likewise, reflects the naturist's constant communion with the elements.

As I said, it's a great concept, but it might need to reeled in just a bit. Especially if all they are losing is armor use.

It's not. They're also losing any potential benefits from magical belts, bracers, boots, capes, cloaks, gloves, hats, headbands, helmets, mantles, robes, shirts, shoes, vests or vestments.

FireSpark
2007-08-08, 08:31 AM
It's not. They're also losing any potential benefits from magical belts, bracers, boots, capes, cloaks, gloves, hats, headbands, helmets, mantles, robes, shirts, shoes, vests or vestments.

Okay, so that part had slipped my mind. Not surprising considering the state my mind is usually in. I shall re-evaluate this homebrew with a re-aligned viewing.

Blayze
2007-08-08, 08:50 AM
Does a magical truss count as clothing? And yeah, there should be abilities for negative Charisma scores. You already used Death, so how about making those around you flee in terror?

skeeter_dan
2007-08-08, 10:06 PM
Oh man, I'm totally adapting this for an upcoming campagin I'm running. It's perfect for an insane hermit...