PDA

View Full Version : Local drought and greater drought: tangible benefits?

noce
2017-05-23, 01:04 PM
My question concerns these two class features of the Walker in the Waste.
Basically, they render the area around you hotter.

I play a low level Walker in the Waste in the desert, so my local drought always raises the temperature to at least severe heat.

So, what are the benefits of these class features? I totally know about the role playing thing of bringing heat where I go, and I also know about the checks you have to do every 10 minutes detailed under Natural Waste Hazards in Sandstorm.

I'm asking if there are any feats, spells, skills, class features or items that benefit from such a hot climate.
There are a lot of ways of benefitting from a cold environment. For example, Snowcasting can benefit from a cold climate in that the required snow doesn't melt.
Cold Spell Specialization, which requires Snowcasting, even gives you a greater bonus if you are in a cold environment, and the same is true for Frostfell Prodigy, Frozen Magic and Icy Calling.
Also, low temperatures allow Rimefire Ice and Stygian Ice not to melt.

Are there any ways to exploit a hot environment, similar to options listed for a cold environment?

Fouredged Sword
2017-05-23, 07:40 PM
The biggest one is that you never deal with rain or standing water. Anything short of an ocean evaporates.

noce
2017-05-24, 05:33 AM
The biggest one is that you never deal with rain or standing water. Anything short of an ocean evaporates.

This indeed is a BIG one for a Walker in the Waste, since when you get to become a Dry Lich normal water hurts you like if it were holy water.

Anything else?

The Viscount
2017-05-24, 12:56 PM
The spell Deadly Sunstroke does increased damage in sufficiently hot temperatures, though you might have difficulty accessing it as a Walker in the Waste.