PDA

View Full Version : Drow Bounty Hunter

AmazingKevinman
2007-08-02, 07:00 AM
I must apologise right off the bat. I am making a male Drow character and yes *winces* he is inspired by Drizz't. However instead of being a champion of good and nature and being a hippie and worshiping Mielikki, I want this Drow to be the (wannabe) Boba Fett of his society. He'd work closely with the numerous priestesses of Lolth in order to enforce the "law" as it were, hunting and capturing others for sacrifices or hell for the plain fun of it as Drow tend to do.

I'm coming back to my D&D group after a long hiatus, as previously I could only make it to run my Spirit of the Century sessions. I'm really only used to playing Bards *pauses to let the tittering die down* so I'd appreciate any help in making a reasonably fuctional Drow Enforcer / Bounty Hunter.

Our group will be adventuring through the Underdark in the Realms and interacting heavily with the Drow. So far the group consists of:
A Tibbit Dragon Shaman/Sorcerer/Ranger/Fleet Runner of Ehlona
A female Drow Fighter/Wizard/Clerc
A male Aasimar Fighter
and A male Kobold Rogue/Sorceror (with even more shakey attendance than I)

We have access to all the books except BoED, BoVD, ToB:Bo9S and any Psionics related. I've yet to role my stats, but my dice usually favour me in that department :smallbiggrin: I've looked at both the Bloodhound and Justicar PrCs, I don't know how well they'd relate to the character concept though.

Any help at all would be appreciated, both in terms of Role and Rollplaying.

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-02, 07:18 AM
I don't know those books, but it sounds like he's already off the track from a Drizzt Clone. Use any weapons OTHER than Scimitars. Rapiers are nice. Not enough experience with classes to say which way to go. Ranger perhaps? Assassin? (With the shaky rogue you probably need a good sneak/skill monkey)

kpenguin
2007-08-02, 07:20 AM
Um... this guy just sounds like a generic drow. Unless you plan on giving him ranger levels, a panther companion, and dual scimitars, I don't see the Drizzt connection.

Thurbane
2007-08-02, 07:22 AM
Bloodhound, Justicar and Crimson Scourge are all good PrCs for a bounty hunter type.

Ikkitosen
2007-08-02, 07:23 AM
Urban Ranger / Rogue / Assassin would be good for a bounty hunter, "drow-style". He he.

lord_khaine
2007-08-02, 08:19 AM
i have allways though a lot could be said for rogue/shadowdancer, but of course this really depends on what lv you are counting on obtaining?

Stormcrow
2007-08-02, 05:32 PM
Jarlaxe would probably make a better basis....

And watch out for preistesses of lolth, if your character is male they will probably kill you.

Tengu
2007-08-02, 05:49 PM
Use any weapons OTHER than Scimitars. Rapiers are nice.

A minor nitpick, but - no, they aren't. Rapiers are finnesable, but not light, if you have a rapier in off-hand you gain -4 to AB, instead of -2. Use shortswords or a rapier/shortsword combo, longsword/shortsword if you're not using weapon finesse.

Or better yet, don't dual-wield.

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-02, 10:27 PM
Right. I keep forgetting they aren't light weapons.

Dual wielding isn't that great a strategy for most characters anyways (mostly it's the stuff that gets sneak attack that it's worth it)

Though the main reason I suggested Rapiers is because they have a good critical range.

puppyavenger
2007-08-02, 10:33 PM
Aren't rapeirs lighter than short swords anyway

Try levels in assasin bt ALWAYS use the paralyse option of the death attack.

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-08-02, 10:39 PM
take level in small spell casting, the most effective small spell caster is binder, exspeacilly if you want to be a rouge, very effective. The best though would be urban ranger, rouge, and assassin. You can change up you PrC look in the underdark guide, and Comp War.

And i would scrap dual wielding, it just looks good on paper, not in actual gaming. Go for jaking up on a Great Sword or somthing.

PS, you got the raw end of the deal, theres nothing more fun then playing a drow spellcaster.

Quietus
2007-08-02, 10:39 PM
A minor nitpick, but - no, they aren't. Rapiers are finnesable, but not light, if you have a rapier in off-hand you gain -4 to AB, instead of -2. Use shortswords or a rapier/shortsword combo, longsword/shortsword if you're not using weapon finesse.

Or better yet, don't dual-wield.

Scimitars are neither finessable, nor are they light. Le gasp, Drizz't is suboptimal!

puppyavenger
2007-08-02, 10:44 PM
Scimitars are neither finessable, nor are they light. Le gasp, Drizz't is suboptimal!

Indee the fact that he has levels in at least 3 classes has nothing to do with it.:smallamused:

Quietus
2007-08-03, 12:01 PM
Indee the fact that he has levels in at least 3 classes has nothing to do with it.:smallamused:

Compared to the "Optimized" classes we see thrown around here that involve 700 classes and their neighbors too?

puppyavenger
2007-08-03, 12:16 PM
Okay more than three core non-caster base classes.