PDA

View Full Version : Optimize for you. Give the concepts I optimize them. (3.X)

flappeercraft
2017-05-23, 11:16 PM
So as means to improve my system mastery over the 3.X system I decided to do this. Basically post here your character concepts, existing characters or similar things and I optimize them for you. Feel free to give any guidelines to what you want such as level, cheese levels involved, classes used, what is not to be used, etc. Also if anyone were able to give feedback on how to improve what I will do on this thread that is also welcome along with tips and such.

JNAProductions
2017-05-23, 11:25 PM
Megaman, X, Zero, and the biometals.

Lorddenorstrus
2017-05-23, 11:33 PM
So as means to improve my system mastery over the 3.X system I decided to do this. Basically post here your character concepts, existing characters or similar things and I optimize them for you. Feel free to give any guidelines to what you want such as level, cheese levels involved, classes used, what is not to be used, etc. Also if anyone were able to give feedback on how to improve what I will do on this thread that is also welcome along with tips and such.

I've been trying to work on creating an organization of 20th lvl NPCs that are the end game of a campaign I'm running. One of the NPCs is supposed to be a "Shield" the ultimate defense to protect their leader a Sorcerer. However due to 3.Xs design I've found "tanking" to be hard to achieve.

Race - Succubus I'm just going to give an increased CR. I was going to use savage species to see what the total stat / abilities are but updated to 3.5
Classes - Unsure
Weapon / Armor - I was thinking an animated shield and possibly taking some of the Charisma based defenses in the game.

What do you think would be the best way to achieve a defensive character?

Buufreak
2017-05-23, 11:50 PM
Since it fell wayside in the last thread about builds based on concepts: a were-gypsy.

Gruftzwerg
2017-05-24, 05:17 AM
I've been trying to work on creating an organization of 20th lvl NPCs that are the end game of a campaign I'm running. One of the NPCs is supposed to be a "Shield" the ultimate defense to protect their leader a Sorcerer. However due to 3.Xs design I've found "tanking" to be hard to achieve.

Imho you need a far more aggressive approach for a bodyguard. If you go full tank, most enemies will just ignore you.
In my Driving Attack Builds (see signature) I have a Meatshield build (the 3rd one). It relies on high charge dmg + mobility. Add some nice crusader gimmiks (-4 to hit your buddies around you, shieldblock to give em another +4 AC for a single attack) and Shock Trooper ( reduce your AC to invite the enemies!) and you have your offtank set.
Imho Agromanagement is key to victory here.

weckar
2017-05-24, 05:26 AM
Here's an interesting one: Make a Swiftblade advancing Warlock levels work. Any race, level, or dips otherwise.

xkroku
2017-05-24, 05:40 AM

D&D 3.5. I need an evil guild mastermind. PCs are currently level 7, but they will be fighting them around level 9-10 so CR (CR, not necessarily level) to be around 11-12. Feel free to use any classes, templates and the like, BUT I need him to be human (and male, to be specific).

(Bonus pointa if he's also a lich of some kind)

I was thinking about mind-controlling lich Enchanter but don't exactly know how to pull it off :smallsmile:

flappeercraft
2017-05-24, 07:30 AM
D&D 3.5. I need an evil guild mastermind. PCs are currently level 7, but they will be fighting them around level 9-10 so CR (CR, not necessarily level) to be around 11-12. Feel free to use any classes, templates and the like, BUT I need him to be human (and male, to be specific).

I was thinking about mind-controlling lich Enchanter but don't exactly know how to pull it off :smallsmile:

Here's an interesting one: Make a Swiftblade advancing Warlock levels work. Any race, level, or dips otherwise.

Since it fell wayside in the last thread about builds based on concepts: a were-gypsy.

Race - Succubus I'm just going to give an increased CR. I was going to use savage species to see what the total stat / abilities are but updated to 3.5
Classes - Unsure
Weapon / Armor - I was thinking an animated shield and possibly taking some of the Charisma based defenses in the game.

What do you think would be the best way to achieve a defensive character?

Ok will start working on these later today and I will have a complete statblock for all by the time I'm finished

Vizzerdrix
2017-05-24, 11:12 AM
No shapeshifting by wildshape or spells. The less casting, the better. Leadership is right out, unless you can mke it funny

Skiurid Lantan Articifer. Must be able to carry at least two devices at any one time.

Hairy spider Eye of Grumsh.

Flumph Frenzied Beserker. Must come with a way to be neutalized to prevent tpk.

Anthro whale tantrist. Skip this one if you dont have boef.

flappeercraft
2017-05-24, 10:40 PM

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find much of X, Zero or the biometals and google searches find me nothing. So it would be good if you could explain what they are and give some information or just give me a link to somewhere with information. However about Megaman I am currently starting off with that and here is the link to the mythweavers where I am making him but I am by no means done. I will edit this post again and say that I'm done when I finish it.

Forgot to edit before, its done
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1220184

Lorddenorstrus
2017-05-24, 11:06 PM
Imho you need a far more aggressive approach for a bodyguard. If you go full tank, most enemies will just ignore you.
In my Driving Attack Builds (see signature) I have a Meatshield build (the 3rd one). It relies on high charge dmg + mobility. Add some nice crusader gimmiks (-4 to hit your buddies around you, shieldblock to give em another +4 AC for a single attack) and Shock Trooper ( reduce your AC to invite the enemies!) and you have your offtank set.
Imho Agromanagement is key to victory here.

I'm aware that's why I said tanking is hard with 3.Xs design. I'm looking for abilities or features that allow one to 'soak' things that are targetted at someone else. Redirect spells etc. Martial defense is easily achieved through terrain or use of minionmancy. Personally I don't know of any abilities that can achieve this so I'm hoping OP has greater system mastery than me and will be able to show me something better than my own efforts. Which so far suck.

flappeercraft
2017-05-24, 11:25 PM
I'm aware that's why I said tanking is hard with 3.Xs design. I'm looking for abilities or features that allow one to 'soak' things that are targetted at someone else. Redirect spells etc. Martial defense is easily achieved through terrain or use of minionmancy. Personally I don't know of any abilities that can achieve this so I'm hoping OP has greater system mastery than me and will be able to show me something better than my own efforts. Which so far suck.

Since I am already working on another character I can't exactly make the tank atm but I would reccomend using the Knight Class and its 4th level class feature Test of Mettle which just might be what you're looking for. Then there is also the commoner flaw of Delicious and Weresheep from Dragon Mag 330. Basically Delicious makes it so monsters will always attack you instead of anyone else if they are able to attack you and also count as 2 sizes smaller for swallow whole, the weresheep flaw makes it so whenever you're in animal or hybrid form you act as if you had the delicious flaw. The best thing is that both grant a feat in addition. I will still regardless make the character when I get to it but in case you want to start working on it that would probably be what you want.

JNAProductions
2017-05-24, 11:27 PM
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find much of X, Zero or the biometals and google searches find me nothing. So it would be good if you could explain what they are and give some information or just give me a link to somewhere with information. However about Megaman I am currently starting off with that and here is the link to the mythweavers where I am making him but I am by no means done. I will edit this post again and say that I'm done when I finish it.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1220184

Two things:

1) Lawful Evil? Dude, it's Megaman.

2) The essential bit of Megaman that I've yet to translate to 3.5 is not his buster-that's easy. It's his absorption of powers.

flappeercraft
2017-05-24, 11:31 PM
Two things:

1) Lawful Evil? Dude, it's Megaman.

2) The essential bit of Megaman that I've yet to translate to 3.5 is not his buster-that's easy. It's his absorption of powers.

1) It was LE or CG and Megaman would be more of a LN/LG character from what it seems so wouldnt LE be the least far away from that? Even if LG it would be equally far away from CG. Keep in mind that due to warlock he would need to have Chaotic or Evil alignment.

2) Ok, but I still just started working like 45 mins ago, had a busy day so I wasn't able to get much only the basics covered

JNAProductions
2017-05-24, 11:36 PM
1) It was LE or CG and Megaman would be more of a LN/LG character from what it seems so wouldnt LE be the least far away from that? Even if LG it would be equally far away from CG. Keep in mind that due to warlock he would need to have Chaotic or Evil alignment.

2) Ok, but I still just started working like 45 mins ago, had a busy day so I wasn't able to get much only the basics covered

Fair enough. I think alignment restrictions can be ignored-most DMs do that.

And also fair enough.

flappeercraft
2017-05-24, 11:47 PM
Maybe the chamaleon PrC/Factotum could work for the ability emulation or possibly even Spellthief for the fluff as the former 2 rely on mimicking the abilities of others while the latter on stealing abilities. Then there is also Ability Rip from Serpent Kingdoms. To make the effect of ability rip not end some Temporal Reiteration shenanigans could be used to keep the abilities or maybe Astral Seed

SCOTTEPIPPEN
2017-05-25, 12:29 PM
I would really like to play a masochist-type of character: you get hit, you hit harder. I would like to include cleric and cursader together (without warblade/swordsage).
Level 10 build.
High cheese level if needed.
Thanks a lot and have fun!

flappeercraft
2017-05-25, 05:06 PM
The essential bit of Megaman that I've yet to translate to 3.5 is not his buster-that's easy. It's his absorption of powers.

I think I solved the problem, it's cheese but this is what I though of that can actually copy the ability with minimal loss.
1. Find the creature with the ability you want (Su only sadly) and knock it out or restrain it
2. Use Shapechange into any creature with a Supernatural ability
3. Use Ability Rip and gain the ability you want while giving away the ability from the creature you Shapechanged into as you technically have it for the duration of the spell
4. Manifest Astral Seed in your regular form
5. Store XP in thought bottle
6. Kill yourself and wait
*Note that Shapechange, Ability Rip and Astral seed are used through magic items following DMG guidelines as asked through PM's if I could

This basically allows you to steal abilities permanently which does take a while to do (1 hour and 10 minutes to be exact) it does work. Of course since Shapechange lasts only for a couple of rounds there is another thing you must do to be able to use it before the Ability Rip and still have ot in duration, you must have someone else say the command word as the command word use never specifies that the possessor of an item needs to say the command word but instead only specifies that "a Character" has to.

JNAProductions
2017-05-25, 05:09 PM
That is cheesy. But works.

ComaVision
2017-05-25, 05:15 PM
I've been thinking about how to make Roadhog from Overwatch. The gist of the character is that he uses a hook to bring people close to him and then kills them point blank with a shotgun.

I was thinking of using harpoon from Stormwrack and a Heavy Pick (for the x4 crit) to emulate it. Some sort of reliable paralysis for a guaranteed CdG would be perfect. See if you can bring that together by level 10 or less, with practical optimization (something that could actually be used in a game).

flappeercraft
2017-05-25, 05:36 PM
Ok so megaman is finished, now I will start working on the Shield character, although when reviewing the post asking for that it says succubus and just changing CR. How exactly do you want me to apply succubus? Just add the levels on top of a regular succubus up to ECL 20?

DEMON
2017-05-25, 05:51 PM
Concept: Garrett from the Thief series (original trilogy)-ish character, but using crossbow instead of a bow... also humanoid female.

No flaws, up to 1 trait. Level 12.

Quertus
2017-05-25, 06:18 PM
Forest Gump: Wizard.

The idea is simple: what can you do with the wizard class, when you're too stupid to cast any spells?

Extra cheese, please. Preference for build to actually be playable at low levels.

martixy
2017-05-25, 06:59 PM
I have a few build ideas, but I've got so many house-rules, I'm not sure how relevant they'd be.

I guess, I can boil them down to: Gestalt, 3 free LA, pathfinder is on the table, martials ignore feat taxes. No humans.
Build anything up to TO. If you're thinking leadership, just make another character and save the feat.

A few ideas:
Scorpion (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C3poU_0sK4) - http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/equipment/psionic-items/psionic-weapons#TOC-Wrenching
A lich pirate
https://i.imgur.com/CzisXcV.jpg
The shadow binder - a Shadar kai binder.
M4: The Magnificent Magic Missile Mage
A duelist

flappeercraft
2017-05-25, 08:23 PM
The link to the Tank (The Shield) is here below, I am still not finished but you can now see what I have to this moment.
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1220922

Edit: It is now done

flippantelf
2017-05-25, 08:29 PM
I posted the thread below earlier this afternoon looking for advice; please weigh in if you have any suggestions.

...and I'm too new to post links, so a workaround ensues.

htXtp://wwXw.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?525509-3-5-Gestalt-Build-Soliciting-Advice

DelayedElation
2017-05-25, 11:37 PM
I made an account specifically to respond to this thread, so forgive me if I say anything wrong.

Background: I am currently playing in a ridiculously optimized campaign (including a LOT of DM homebrew so far as character prestige classes, special magic items, etc), and want to make a back up to my current character, who is arguably the strongest in the party. The back up needs to not be terrible, because conventional characters in this campaign are essentially insta-killed. Current character for power level reference:

Half dragon bard. Flies (transitioned from human, to dragonborn of Bahamut with the wings option, then transitioned again to half dragon over a year and a half of playing).
Bard 8/marshal 1 (motivate: dexterity)/sublime chord 1. Therefore, has greater invisibility.
Stats: WITH items, 28 str/24 con/17 dex/15 int/12 wis/32 cha (great rolls, various books, templates, items, etc)
Feats: Song of the Heart, 2 weapon fighting, snowflake wardance, dragonfire inspiration
Weapons: +3 rapier (elves bane- does an extra 2d6 dam against elves. Not currently relevant), +4 rapier (game breaking weapon in any other game. Always keen, adjusts weight magically to always be classified as "light" to avoid 2WF penalties), cuts through DR
Other/given: Fire damage immunity, celestial template, has boots that give her permanent haste. Access to greater teleport x10 per day (not currently relevant, as we are in a homebrew desert setting that doesn't allow teleportation)

I am fairly sick of being the perfect party savior, but will feel bad about voluntarily killing her and replacing her with a much worse (but more fun) character... so the challenge is to make a character that can hold her own, but who doesn't need to be perfect.

CONCEPT:

Stolen from a dead campaign, a character I liked. Desert half orc cleric of Luthic. Fights with her claws when necessary, as that is Luthic's preferred weapon (and females traditionally don't fight with weapons in orc society). Domains Healing and protection. Current idea is that after her party (from previous campaign) is slaughtered, she wanders the desert for years, hunting down the beasts that attacked them to exact revenge (and try to sooth herself about her failure to protect her charges). She would need survival skills, and between having a low cha and avoiding society in general in her grief, the DM has allowed feral template. Not sure what her levels would be, though... I was thinking rogue for sneak attack? But idk

Requirements:

28 point buy, plus the 2 additional points for being level 10
10 class levels. I believe DM will allow me to ignore feral LA, but if you did a build with 9 class levels + LA and told me what the next level should be, that would also work.
1 level of cleric (as this is the entire basis of the no weapons, grieving in the middle of nowhere backstory. Without it, I just need a new character- however, a build where she isn't a practicing cleric due to anger with her God and therefore uses weapons maybe necessary..)

A note on feral: Due to the power level of this campaign, DM will allow the special attacks from the template as well as the special abilities, even though I am not taking "monster HD"

That's really it. She would have access to armor, weapons, and items suitable for the previous character's power level (first time playing, I have no idea what ECL on that character is), but not homebrewed. She only needs to be able to 'Not die' until the DM makes her a bunch of home brew items. Pretty much all books are allowed- DMG, PHB, MM and SC automatically as the DM owns them, anything else is subject to DM fiat, but he'll allow almost anything if I can talk him into it.

Thank you in advance. All cheese welcome, as long as it somewhat fits backstory (and I won't be disappointed if it's impossible). :)

flappeercraft
2017-05-26, 06:50 PM
The Shield is finished. The link is here https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1220922. If you need an explanation on how it works just ask either by PM or on this thread

Edit: On the were-gypsy request by buufreak I honestly don't know if that's a joke or how to do it if it's not. Especially because how exactly do you make a frikin were-romanian. Like how does that work. I guess until I understand what I'm supposed to do with that I will go ahead and go with the Warlock Swiftblade.

Here is the link to the SwiftWarlock. I have not started it yet but I already have an idea on how it just might work.
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1222040

xkroku
2017-05-26, 07:23 PM

Sorry, but I underestimated my players. The Evil Guy should be more around CR 14-15

Dr_Dinosaur
2017-05-26, 08:22 PM
A character who controls as many vermin (swarms or otherwise) as possible in combat

flappeercraft
2017-05-26, 09:00 PM
I would really like to play a masochist-type of character: you get hit, you hit harder. I would like to include cleric and cursader together (without warblade/swordsage).
Level 10 build.
High cheese level if needed.
Thanks a lot and have fun!

Doesn't even require a build. In BoVD (Book of Vile Darkness) there is a spell called Masochism that basically does what you want. Coicidentially ist a 3rd level cleric spell. You literally only need to cast that spell which you can as a 5th level cleric and you're done.

flappeercraft
2017-05-26, 09:05 PM
SwiftWarlock is finished. It qualifies for Swiftblade but due to there being no specification with Swiftblade specifying that the class advanced must be the one that you used to cast haste the previous level as per RAW it is possible to use it for warlock. The SwiftWarlock here was done with a Loredrake Dragonwrought Kobold just to make it able to enter the class early.
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1222040

Now the next build I will do is the Lich Evil Guildmaster CR 15

flappeercraft
2017-05-29, 07:52 PM
Sorry I have not updated the thread in a couple of days, was busy over the weekend but I will now continue.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1225424
Have not started yet but I will start in a bit. Also to the one who asked for this, does it have to be a regular human or can it be any sub race of human such as silverbrow human?

TotallyNotEvil
2017-05-29, 10:39 PM
Heres a different one, help us make a unit of NPCs for our Kingdom. The campaign is a low magic setting (ASOIAF meets D&D, Valyrians had overthrown True Dragons thousands of years before the rise of their civ, downbreeding them to what you see in the show, essentially firebreathing wyverns, or drakes), said magic just ressurging, and common people average around ~3HD for skilled adults, most soldiers being Warriors, possibly with a dash of Expert, and elites, the traditional Knights, being Fighter 4 or so for the "average" ones, tho those are highly skilled men from traditional families, with matching training, while "knights" are just warriors, tho I do think it's justified for elite units to have Fighters.

Exotic Weapons don't require a feat, merely IC training time.

They must be cost effective, things are far more expensive than usual D&D worlds, tho we are trying to make as many magic casters and cheap magical gear as we can.

We have just opened a school of magic. It should soon start churning out some low level Hedge Mages (which are Magewrights with some class features (https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/a-sword-without-a-hilt-a-song-of-ice-and-fire-d-d-3-5-crossover.27579/page-408#post-6302176)) and Adepts, with the odd Wizard and Archivist when a prodigy pops out, but those should be rare and, most importantly, low level.

Material allowed is 3.5 and PF, with a preference for the former, but we've used PF material in NPCs before, such as using Furious Focus (PF) for our hired knight guards. They ran on a 24 point buy.

What I've come up with:
Winged Knight Company

- Each Company consists of twelve men, ten knights, a sargeant and a captain. They are built and supplied as to be able to operate on their own for long periods, if necessary. This group of special operations agents has their skillset tooled as to be able to, as a unit, solve a myriad of different challenges, and their composition reflects such.

- The Knights and the Sargeant are mounted in Warbeast Hippogriffs, while the Knight Captain is given the great honour of riding a Warbeast Magebred Griffon, a noble companion that may follow him through life, and may even accompany his descendants in the skies.

-- The members may also employ their own mounts, if so desired, as long as they adequately fulfill the role of, at least, an Hippogriff. Fine warhorses are also availble if the mission demands so.

-Unit Composition:

-- Lancers: Human Fighter 4 (STR 16 [15+1]/DEX 12/CON 16/INT 8/WIS 10/CHA 8) - Power Attack, Mounted Combat, Ride-By-Attack, Spirited Charge, Furious Focus
--- Equipment: MW Lance, +1 Breastplate w/ Least Crystal of Arrow Deflection, backup thinblade and heavy shield.

-- Archers: Human Fighter 4 (STR 8/DEX 18[17+1]/CON 16/INT 8/WIS 9/CHA 8) - Deadly Aim, Weapon Focus (Great Crossbow), Crossbow Sniper, Improved Critical, Rapid Reload
--- Equipment: MW Repeating Greatcrossbow, +1 Breastplate w/ Least Crystal of Arrow Deflection, backup MW light crossbow, backup thinblade and buckler

-- Mages: Hedge Mage 4 (STR 12/DEX 14/CON 14/INT 16 [15+1]/WIS 8/CHA 8) - ???; ???; Fiery Burst ? - Spells known: two cantrips, two level 1 or lower spells, three level 2 or lower spells. One bonus level 1 and 2 divine spells known, from their god's domain. Spells slots: 3/3/1
--- Equipment: Backup MW Lance, MW Repeating Light Crossbow, MW thinblade, ???, Scrolls (???)

-- Ecclesiarchs: Adept 4 (STR 8/DEX 10/CON 14/INT 8/WIS 18 [17+1]/CHA 12) - Zen Archery; ???; ???; ??? - Spell slots: 3/3/1
--- Equipment: +1 Fullplate w/ Least Crystal of Arrow Deflection, Heavy Shield, backup MW Repeating Light Crossbow, MW Thinblade, MW Lance, Scrolls (???)

--Sargeants: Expert 2/Marshal 2

Could use suggestions on spells known for the hedge mages, and scrolls for them and the adepts. Marshal idea for the Sargeants just came to me, never player one, but seems in-line with the idea. Should also be the face, or the secondary one (after Captain), with the relevant social skills, so good Charisma is essential, as is a multitude of useful skills in order to handle quartermastering duties and such.

flappeercraft
2017-05-29, 11:15 PM
That is for A song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones right? or did I get the acronym wrong?

TotallyNotEvil
2017-05-29, 11:26 PM
Yup. Said Fighter 4s would be Westerosi knights, while Essosi knock-offs, aka a guy who wears armour and rides a horse, a Warrior 4.

Preliminary write-up tries to curb in excess cost. We should be able to craft a +1 Breastplate for half the price of a mundane fullplate, for example, with all the benefits from lighter armour.

Maybe we could equip them with the cheaper weapon crystals. Maybe.

Could also use a "Scout" unit, or should I just cross-class some of them? Ability to do field repair on equipment and such would be cool, there are a bunch of useful first level spells that I've heard of, but don't know precisely, could do with a good low level scroll loadout.

Things such as having someone with Craft (Bowmaking), (Blacksmith), Survival, Knowledge (Nature), Profession (Soldier), Profession (Sailor). That kind of detail is what I'd love to have help in fine-tuning.

I'm unsure where to go with the "Sargeant". I think the more intelectual and inspirational approach, such as Expert/Marshal, might work, or maybe Scout or Ranger, make him the unit's sneak, but he'd lack Face abilities.

Knight-Captain would be traditional nobility with magical talent, or people with very high innate ability (Wizards, Archvists, Duskblades, Bards), the guys in charge of taking the BBEG, so to speak.

The idea is to creat a order or magical knights in this world of ressurging magic, and this would be the topmost elite branch, where nobles take to the field and one of the very highest positions a commoner could aspire to. I'd hope to have a few Companys worth of them in due time.

xkroku
2017-05-30, 12:12 AM
Sorry I have not updated the thread in a couple of days, was busy over the weekend but I will now continue.

Have not started yet but I will start in a bit. Also to the one who asked for this, does it have to be a regular human or can it be any sub race of human such as silverbrow human?

I'd rather him to be a regular human due to some plot/family reasons :smallsmile:

But Silverbrow is close enough, so it's ok

AOKost
2017-05-30, 12:14 AM
3.P Feral Kasatha Multiweapon Fighting Dervish claw specialist

VisitingDaGulag
2017-05-30, 04:25 PM
Echoing Lorddenorstrus, it appears the OP has already seen this recent build (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=16108.20) (at the bottom of the page). It's the only way I know of to stick to a class RPG tank character role so one that isn't good at healing others, giving buffs, disabling enemies, dealing damage, giving the party utility, etc. It's CO rather than TO. The nasty gentleman or pun pun can tank, but they can do anything so they don't count.

It an absorb as much damage as the total average damage of a 4 man, standard NPC party of his ECL (who has access to mind blank and true sight), let's say for 5 rounds. Basically if you can't tank the entirety of an opposing party while your party deals the damage, you aren't a tank. Obvious damage avoidance requires forcing mind-blanked, true sighted enemies to attack you. Basically, if your enemies realize they aren't hurting you, you have to hold their focus (you can't assume they've been rendered ineffective in general and your party will need a tank).

flappeercraft
2017-05-30, 08:41 PM
The GuildLich is done, although I might add some improvements, I have never really made a caster focused mostly on enchantment and controlling others before so I had to research a bit which was why it took me long to do it. Also if there is any constructive criticism, I am always accepting it.

So next concepts are all those given by Vizzerdrix

Vizzerdrix
2017-05-31, 07:11 AM
So next concepts are all those given by Vizzerdrix

YAAAAAAY! This is gonna be fun inna bun!

flappeercraft
2017-05-31, 07:31 AM
Now that I notice the no casting or wildshape shapeshifting challenge is basically solvable with the lycanthrope template..... I'll try find something else though because that's no fun

Vizzerdrix
2017-05-31, 08:23 AM
Now that I notice the no casting or wildshape shapeshifting challenge is basically solvable with the lycanthrope template..... I'll try find something else though because that's no fun

Oh no. That applies to all three. My attempt to make thing a bit more challenging for you. :smallbiggrin:

Mike Miller
2017-05-31, 09:27 AM
If you are still taking requests, I am in need of a BBEG for the end of my campaign. I have given hints of his existence but so far nothing concrete. The campaign is focused on elemental abilities, beings, powers, spells, etc so I want the BBEG to have lots of elemental spells/abilities at his command.
As for CR, he should be 17-20 and only use a race from the PHB. I only used core races in the campaign but any book is fine with the sole exclusion of Dragon mag (and therefore the compendium).

My party isn't a high optimization group but they work well together to boost strengths and cover weaknesses, so a decent level of optimization would be great for the end boss. No need for high cheese, but definitely a challenge for anyone.

The party is a crusader, a warblade, a sorcerer, a cleric, a druid, and a warlock

flappeercraft
2017-05-31, 07:52 PM
Oh no. That applies to all three. My attempt to make thing a bit more challenging for you. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, well I have been searching and have found nothing other than templates but apparently such is disallowed
Edit: I actually found out how to make the Hairy Spider of Gruumsh. True Mind Switch after getting the class with a hairy spider and done. If not, then mind switch beforehand and have the spider take levels while in the orc body. Even if that doesn't work then Shapechange + Astral Seed on someone who has the PrC

If you are still taking requests, I am in need of a BBEG for the end of my campaign. I have given hints of his existence but so far nothing concrete. The campaign is focused on elemental abilities, beings, powers, spells, etc so I want the BBEG to have lots of elemental spells/abilities at his command.
As for CR, he should be 17-20 and only use a race from the PHB. I only used core races in the campaign but any book is fine with the sole exclusion of Dragon mag (and therefore the compendium).

My party isn't a high optimization group but they work well together to boost strengths and cover weaknesses, so a decent level of optimization would be great for the end boss. No need for high cheese, but definitely a challenge for anyone.

The party is a crusader, a warblade, a sorcerer, a cleric, a druid, and a warlock

I am still allowing requests but due to the amount of requests prior it will probably take me a while to get to you. Hope that is okay

Mike Miller
2017-06-01, 12:06 AM
I figured it would be a while. No worries, the campaign is not close to ending. Thanks in advance

Freezy
2017-06-01, 10:47 AM
this:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?521154-Harmonious-Paladin-of-Freedom-the-singing-blade-of-freedom

main concept:
lvl 1 bard (or harmoniuous) + paladin

level 6, inspire + not suck in combat
I like the additional cantrips divine bard would give me, I don't need a lot of spells, but I want to have fun with them.
Also as paladin of freedom, fascinate and suggestion are a big no-no, so those are swapped based on Bard Eberron ACF (swap songs for songs).

Currently exploring shield, which fits but requires so many feats to not suck in so many areas.
Shield ward would be nice, improved trip is nice (though I could live without combat expertise).

Any suggestions would be welcome :P

Matrota
2017-06-01, 05:42 PM
A character with ridiculous combat healing who is quite beast-like in fighting style, preferably with high fast healing and regeneration. Not going for immune-to-damage, but definitely the ability to heal 10+ hp per round. My original thought is maybe a shifter warshaper with the feral template and troll-blooded feat, and/or maybe the corrupted template? Only issue is that's a lot of LA. Perhaps a crusader for the devoted spirit healing maneuvers. I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

flappeercraft
2017-06-01, 06:08 PM
Vizzerdrix, does Changeling count for the shapechanging without magic?.

Edit: I rechecked, it's an Su ability so that probably doesn't count but Mimic's can as an (Ex) ability. so True Mind Switch with one and you can change shape into furniture without magic, spells or class features.

Furniture shapeshifting is the best kind of shapeshifting

Mike Miller
2017-06-01, 07:26 PM
A character with ridiculous combat healing who is quite beast-like in fighting style, preferably with high fast healing and regeneration. Not going for immune-to-damage, but definitely the ability to heal 10+ hp per round. My original thought is maybe a shifter warshaper with the feral template and troll-blooded feat, and/or maybe the corrupted template? Only issue is that's a lot of LA. Perhaps a swordsage for the devoted spirit healing maneuvers. I don't know, I'm throwing ideas out there, you're the optimizer :^)

Devoted spirit is crusader only, not Swordsage.

Matrota
2017-06-01, 07:35 PM
Devoted spirit is crusader only, not Swordsage.

Ah, that's what I meant. Thanks you, I'll edit it right away!

Vizzerdrix
2017-06-02, 11:18 AM
Edit: I actually found out how to make the Hairy Spider of Gruumsh. True Mind Switch after getting the class with a hairy spider and done. If not, then mind switch beforehand and have the spider take levels while in the orc body. Even if that doesn't work then Shapechange + Astral Seed on someone who has the PrC.

But can you true mind switch with a mindless vermin? Even a playable one?

Furniture shapeshifting is the best kind of shapeshifting
Yes. Yes it is.

flappeercraft
2017-06-02, 11:28 AM
But can you true mind switch with a mindless vermin? Even a playable one?

"You can target any creature whose Hit Dice are equal to or less than your manifester level."
There is no limitation other than this one

Buufreak
2017-06-02, 11:57 AM
Traits
Vermin possess the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).

Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).

Mind Switch, True
Telepathy (Mind-Affecting)

Added bold for emphasis, but no, you can't target a mindless vermin, not because of the ability's limitation but because of the creature type's immunity.

flappeercraft
2017-06-02, 01:01 PM
The spell aberrate from BoVD should fix that, after the duration of the spell ends, the mind switch is already done

Braininthejar2
2017-06-04, 09:46 AM
mini-boss battle concept - a werewyvern.

The guy is a champion of a dragon-worshipping cult. Their wizard has been running some experiments on making them more draconic, and managed to apply a were-creature template to him, despite a wyvern not being normally compatible.

Assume he loses one feat on a custom feat to control how much he transforms his arms in hybrid form - so he can choose between using a sizing spear or being able to fly. His attack pattern would then be something like spear/spear/spear/spear/ claw/claw/tail (perhaps a bite too, though that would look silly)

I don't want him to be a warshaper, despite how effective it would be (I had one in the previous boss battle - and he wouldn't have had the time for such specialized training since being transformed.)

martixy
2017-06-04, 05:53 PM
When/If you get to mine: I intentionally left them somewhat vague. I can provide more details on request.

flappeercraft
2017-06-04, 06:13 PM
When/If you get to mine: I intentionally left them somewhat vague. I can provide more details on request.

Ok but first I have to figure out how to do what Vizzerdrix asked me to do since I can't find the Flumph or the Skiurid and he/she is not answering PM's

Edit: Found the skiurid in MM4

I still have no idea what to do

jdizzlean
2017-06-11, 04:41 PM
If you are still going, perhaps you can help w/ a concept for me?

I'm building the ultimate Judge Dredd concept. Base class is Cleric, progressing to Church Inquisitor, progressing at some point to Shadowbane Inquisitor, (however that either requires a rogue dip, or some other form of granting +Sneak Attack as an ability.) and possibly ending or incorporating the Saint template as well later in the build.

sources include any official book, +dragon mag. eberron is frowned on, but with a strong enough arguement can be accepted. a +1 LA in race or template is allowed free at creation. spot and listen are combined into one skill (Notice).

i'd like to keep it to minimal cheese if at all possible, however, if there is also a way to incorporate this line of thinking into the build, that would be even more awesome:

Cleric dip for the inquisition domain and divine defiance(fiendish codex II) I believe is arguably the best out of all of these. It's always available as long as you have some dispels prepared/on your spells known, the inquisition domain's +4 on dispel checks can be used to break dispel and greater dispel's normal cap. Combine it with the feat arcane mastery which lets you take 10 on CL checks (of which dispel is one) you can use that, plus the inquisition domain to automatically counter any spell cast by a caster of up to 3 CL higher than yourself. If you get, at level 9, the elven spell lore feat, that gives you another +2 (which also goes beyond the cap, because these are not CL bonuses, simply bonuses on the CL check). That lets you go up to 5CL above your own, and finally a dispelling chord gets you up to 7CL above your own.

So far I have this built at lvl 1:
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1160404

various threads about the original build, and options to expand it for reference:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?527019-3-5-1-level-dips-for-sneak-attack&p=22084264#post22084264
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?524459-adding-an-ability-to-an-already-planned-out-char-progresion-3-5-cleric

there were others, but the forum crash wiped them from my dashboard apparently ;/

can't be to item dependent as we're in a relatively low wealth campaign, i'm currently lvl 5 w/ a total wealth of only 6k gold, and no magic items on a different character.

can't be evil in any way.

appreciate any help you're willing to give :)

tadkins
2017-06-11, 04:49 PM
Awesome thread, thanks for doing this sort of thing, OP. xD I'd like to submit my request if you're still taking them.

I'm basically looking for something like a Starsoul Sorcerer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/starsoul-bloodline/) from Pathfinder, translated into 3.X.

-Race must be Human.
-Sorcerer is a must. Not looking to play a genius wizard or anything.
-Fights with space-themed spells, is good at teleporting around (in this world and beyond).
-Can survive space travel.
-Some optimization is good, but nothing extremely cheesy. I want something that DMs will allow without too much hassle.

Thanks again, good luck. :)

flappeercraft
2017-06-11, 07:12 PM
About the Skiurid and the Flumph I think I'll have to keep those as a secondary thing, I can't find a way to do the Skiurid thing and for the Flumph I can't even find where it is.

I guess I will just go from the next one on and if I find a way to do those I will update those.

Forgot to mention but 2 days ago my laptop broke so I will have to do all of this from my Ipad and phone and since my books were on my laptop I will have to use the backups I have in my google drive but those tale forever to load so I won't be able to make them as quick.

Yes, I am taking requests still but it will take me a while to get to them especially if there are some as complicated as the Skiurid one. Probably will only keep accepting requests until the end of the second page although I might continue after that.

Melcar
2017-06-11, 08:08 PM

I would love to see your take on either the Srinshee or Ioulaum!!! I know this is not a concept per say, but both characters are very high level, and non of them have been written-up in 3.5.

It is debatable what level the Srinshee is. "Officially" she is level 30, but Ed Greenwood stated in The Annotated Elminster, that she was 54 and being the most powerful spellcaster (as in most potent magic, possible not the hardest to kill) in Faerûn. So there is a fair bit of options. Personally I would most like to see her as a level 54.

Ioulaum is a level 41 spellcaster (31 wizard, 5 arch mage, 5 Netherese Arcanist), and an undead elder brain (using the psionic version).

Both are extremely powerful and both around 4000 years old... Have at it!!!

flappeercraft
2017-06-12, 12:24 AM
So the next request is a masochist type character but that is basically covered with a single spell, Masochism from BoVD so that is not really needed at all so I'll go towards the Roadhog instead.

For roadhog I think he would probably be a Half Minotaur Human using a Dragon Chain from Red Hand of Doom. I will see what I can do to stat him out as I think Mythweavers doesn't work on mobile and as I previously stated my laptop is broken.

Frozen_Feet
2017-06-12, 03:17 AM
Optimize: group of ECL 1 commoners.

Target: kill That Damn Crab (CR3 Monstrous Crab) without casualties.

Restrictions: no Chicken Infested
No Flaws
Use Standard Array for abilities
All items must be craftable by the commoners themselves.

Athear
2017-06-12, 03:46 AM
how are you with Pathfinder?

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-06-12, 04:14 AM
A level 10 Warforged whos Core class is Artificer. Semi "Warrior trained" i.e was forced to fight when it wasnt his core fuction. Uses heavy armor feat Adamantine body.

Traits
Noncombatant -2 Melee attack Rolls
Shaky -2 On Range Rolls

3.5 Corebooks and supplements. No Dragon Magazine.

Char is based as a Heavy armor user who follows Gond but isnt a cleric of said god mearly a believer in his thought and process of advancing tools for the better.

Athear
2017-06-12, 08:53 PM
If you are familiar with Pathfinder I am playing a ninja assassin.
LVL 8

I am playing a slyph. I have my stats and skills and every thing done but I need help with my feats.
I'm not sure weither or not to go two weapon fighting, or the one big fight ending hit.
my build so far.
Ninja 7, assaassin 1, max HP
Breeze kissed slyph, Lawful neutral
Abilities:
STR: 12
DEX: 20
CON: 13
INT: 20
WIS: 14
CHA: 16
I took Combat trick, finesse rogue, fast stealth and hidden weapons as my ninja tricks
my bonus feat is improved initiative.

flappeercraft
2017-06-13, 07:49 AM
Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with pathfinder, it's cheeses or it's new and different mechanics. If I find something that seems good though Ill definitely mention it.

About the roadhog character I have not come up with more to add so I will just stat him out later today

Gadora
2017-06-13, 07:45 PM
I'd be curious to see what you could do for a tier three weather focused character. Playable from, say, level six? My specific character was a merchant captain druid with a pile of alternate class features, but it would be interesting to see another take on the concept. Extra spell lets you grab from additional spell lists, if it matters.

flappeercraft
2017-06-13, 07:57 PM
I'm currently having some trouble with mythweavers. So I won't be able to stat anything out unfortunately as online character sheets on my phone don't work.

Athear
2017-06-13, 09:24 PM
Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with pathfinder, it's cheeses or it's new and different mechanics. If I find something that seems good though Ill definitely mention it.

About the roadhog character I have not come up with more to add so I will just stat him out later today

yeah it's simply feats I need help with and it's less for cheese than to find something that thematically would fit the whole assassin feel while still being effective and hey if you do find some thing props too you.

Gadora
2017-06-14, 04:55 AM
I'm currently having some trouble with mythweavers. So I won't be able to stat anything out unfortunately as online character sheets on my phone don't work.

Bummer. :smallfrown:

JbeJ275
2017-06-17, 05:20 PM
If you ever do get back to this, what's the best Medium sized character which can ride a flying mount by 8th level at the latest? With more of a focus on doing damage from a distance then on melee and small AoEs?