PDA

View Full Version : Sim / Ice Assassin and Ability Damage Question

kalos72
2017-05-24, 08:14 AM
Since these are both sort of Constructs, can they suffer CON damage? Typical Constructs can't...

I am looking at the Firestorm Berserker class and its Inferno ability which causes the player to us his Constitution to extend his Rage.

If you make a Sim or Ice Assassin of him, can that Sim still use the ability since he doesnt suffer CON damage?

flappeercraft
2017-05-24, 08:22 AM
They don't have the construct type so they do take ability damage actually. They are specified to be living beings also IIRC

kalos72
2017-05-24, 08:48 AM
Not to argue...I have never seen them called living beings.

"Simulacrum creates an illusory duplicate of any creature. The duplicate creature is partially real and formed from ice or snow."

flappeercraft
2017-05-24, 11:42 AM
"An ice assassin spell creates a living, breathing creature that is a near-perfect duplicate of an existing creature."

Crake
2017-05-24, 12:29 PM
"An ice assassin spell creates a living, breathing creature that is a near-perfect duplicate of an existing creature."

Technically this is correct, however, kalos, if you want to homebrew it, rest assured that at least 1 other person agrees with you and gives them construct-like qualities as well (it's me, I do that :smalltongue: )