PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Sculptor + blast shapes?

danielxcutter
2017-05-24, 09:16 AM
Eldritch Sculptor is an epic Warlock feat. Among other things, it allows you to fire two Eldritch Blasts as a full-round action. Can you apply blast shapes to both blasts?

Psyren
2017-05-24, 09:21 AM
It only explicitly mentions essences, but I see no reason why shapes shouldn't be allowed too. Applying shapes to blasts is part of the action to fire blasts, and nothing in the feat appears to invalidate that.

danielxcutter
2017-05-24, 05:06 PM
It only explicitly mentions essences, but I see no reason why shapes shouldn't be allowed too. Applying shapes to blasts is part of the action to fire blasts, and nothing in the feat appears to invalidate that.

Man, that actually makes it much better than I thought. It's not often that a single feat doubles your damage, even an epic feat.

Psyren
2017-05-24, 05:22 PM
Man, that actually makes it much better than I thought. It's not often that a single feat doubles your damage, even an epic feat.

Well, at epic you're competing with stuff like Intensify Spell, Multispell, Improved Metamagic, Improved Spell Capacity... this is honestly small potatoes.

Gruftzwerg
2017-05-24, 05:40 PM

It only doubles your AoE dmg output. Single target dmg is still defined by Eldritch Glaive & Eldritch Claw for warlocks, epic lvls/feats doesn't change that.
But for a blastlock the feat is a really great boost. Especially if you aren't sure which Save to target (when you use essences for debuffs), due to lack of info or enemy diversity, you can target 2 different saves in one turn. If you later add Lord of all Essences (epic feat) you can effect your enemies with up to 4 different debuffs, cover all 3 saves or just enforce rerolls on the same effects to get the failed save/debuff on your enemy the hard way.

danielxcutter
2017-05-24, 05:43 PM
It only doubles your AoE dmg output. Single target dmg is still defined by Eldritch Glaive & Eldritch Claw for warlocks, epic lvls/feats doesn't change that.
But for a blastlock the feat is a really great boost. Especially if you aren't sure which Save to target (when you use essences for debuffs), due to lack of info or enemy diversity, you can target 2 different saves in one turn. If you later add Lord of all Essences (epic feat) you can effect your enemies with up to 4 different debuffs, cover all 3 saves or just enforce rerolls on the same effects to get the failed save/debuff on your enemy the hard way.

Clawlocks maybe, but I think you can still chain two Eldritch Glaives in a row.

Gruftzwerg
2017-05-24, 06:03 PM
Clawlocks maybe, but I think you can still chain two Eldritch Glaives in a row.

Eldritch Glaive can make use of Quicken SLA 3/day and thus can make 3/day two full attacks in a single round. Downside is that Eldritch Glaive doesn't profit from Str, Charge, Size and most of the other important dmg boosts for regular melee. Hellfire builds bring the most noticeable power to Eldritch Glaive.

Clawlocks with Beast Strike (doubles unarmed dmg if used with Eldritch Claws) can flurry and have even options to go TWF if you really want more attacks/round. Further they can profit from charge/dive multipliers, size, all regular combat feats and thus result in the most dmg. You don't even need questionable Hellfire cheese (I am talking about those who try to get more Hellfire lvls than 3 pre epic).

edit: for clawlock, look at my signature for some dmg values. Average dmg of 680 per hit!