PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Kingdom Hearts Keyblade wielder(Warlock Hexblade help)

Daion515
2017-05-24, 12:01 PM
So I had an odd idea where I want to be a bit silly and decided to make a character reminiscent of keyblade wielders from the Kingdom Hearts game series. I got gm approval. We can use UA material. So I decided I wanted to go Warlock Hexblade as a base starting point.

I at least want Hexblade 3 for pact of the blade - which replicates summoning the keyblade. I think I want hexblade 5 for extra attack.

Where I'm struggling is I know I want to multiclass Sorcerer Favored Soul(Revised) for the options of versatile casting as most wielders can do (Heals, Protections, Offensive).

I've been all over the place and can't really decide what do. Obviously it's more of a fun build, but I also don't want to be extremely irrelevant either.

I've been thinking hexblade 9 / Sorc 11. I get 2 5th slots on short rest. +2 weapons. Up to 6th level slots from Sorc. I'll have plenty versatility with sorcery points.

On the other side I've also debated hexblade 15 / Sorc 5. I get to make all of my weapons as +3 as well as add cha to my melee attacks. I'll have hexblade curse at will. While still having a tad versatility with sp. Just less access to high level slots.
I've also debated 14/6. I noticed I lose out on +3 weapons and 8th mystic arcanum. Gain a sorc point, 3rd lvl slot, another choice of sorc or cleric spell of 3rd or lower, an option for better healing...

Is that +1 to weapon attack and damage worth it? What about at will hexblade curse? If anyone has ever played a high level hexblade, how shot for spells do you feel within combat, I think that's one of my bigger concerns. Feeling like I don't have enough spells to use within a combat.

I'm also not sure, just because of party size, if Cursebringer will be worth it at least for the transfer of hexblade curse. And since it will use Str I have to then have the stats for that as well. But I know I can lose out on good damage output without smites. If I were to focus on cha as my attack and damage stat would it be wise to dip paladin 2?

Play style I want to weave in and out of melee if need be. I REALLY like the idea of magic missile with hexblade curse. It sounds fun as your proficiency to damage will proc on all the darts. I also think I'll do darkness + devil sight here and there, if I don't hinder the party too much.

As far as stats go I'm not entirely sure what they are yet we roll at table. I plan to be a Half-Elf. And a sample stat block I recently rolled was 17,16,15,12,9,10. Which is quite common for me.

I'm all ears on advice thanks in advance!