PDA

View Full Version : Boots of Elvenkind

Ryuu Hayato
2017-05-24, 04:32 PM
Can I use Boots of Elvenkind with Heavy Armor like a plate?

Arial Black
2017-05-24, 04:49 PM
Yes, if rolling to see if you are heard.

The advantage from the Boots is cancelled out by the disadvantage from the heavy armour, giving a normal roll.

Ryuu Hayato
2017-05-25, 12:51 AM
But don't you have boots on the bundle of plate armor? Even with I have magical plate, I can use boots of elvenkind?

Ninja_Prawn
2017-05-25, 02:05 AM
But don't you have boots on the bundle of plate armor? Even with I have magical plate, I can use boots of elvenkind?

I'd allow it. They're only boots, and magic items are naturally durable anyway.

Lombra
2017-05-25, 07:31 AM
I mean, one has to wear boots under a full-plate right?

Sigreid
2017-05-25, 07:39 AM
I mean, one has to wear boots under a full-plate right?

That depends on what you're calling full plate. The later suits do have full armored boots.

Lombra
2017-05-25, 07:46 AM
That depends on what you're calling full plate. The later suits do have full armored boots.

Really? I remember that I read somewhere that metal boots had a short life because they were uncomfortable in the field, and that they were mostly used in cerimonial displays. But obviously magic sets of armor can likely have comfortable metal boots :biggrin:

Arial Black
2017-05-25, 08:01 AM
I can't remember if 5E states this outright, but in 3E at least it mentions that magic armour is made such that you could replace its boots, gauntlets and/or helmet with magical versions without messing with the properties of the armour, mundane or magical.

Sigreid
2017-05-25, 08:32 AM
Really? I remember that I read somewhere that metal boots had a short life because they were uncomfortable in the field, and that they were mostly used in cerimonial displays. But obviously macic sets of armor can likely have comfortable metal boots :biggrin:

Henry th the 8th's armor is on display and is full coverage and very impressive. I don't think he did much infantry marching though.