PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pathfinder Tales Recommendations

Legato Endless
2017-05-24, 05:36 PM
Anyone familiar with the licensed paperback adventures in Golarion? Anyone read enough to give decent critical advice about the cream of the crop?

I've got a friend who's pretty mad for the setting, and I thought getting her a few penny dreadfuls would make for an excellent birthday present. What spartan reviews I've seen online seem to indicate the series has better quality control than one would expect for such fare (though apparently nothing spectacular in itself as fantasy goes). Anyone who has read a few or more and could point me in the right direction for a solid couple to buy would be much appreciated.

Florian
2017-05-25, 02:51 AM
I enjoy three sub-lines of Pathfinder Tales:
- The Jeggare/Radovan stories, beginning with "Prince of Wolves" (Dave Gross)
- The Salim stories, beginning with "Deathīs Heretic" (James L. Sutter)
- The Rodrick/Hrym stories, beginning with "Liarīs Blade" (Tim Bratt)
Besides being quite quality reads, they also confer a good feeling for the setting, with Salim standing out to cover the planes really well.

Ssalarn
2017-05-25, 06:06 PM
Seconding David Gross' series following Varian Jeggare and Radovan. The series starts with Prince of Wolves and is consistently good throughout. It has the added bonus of exploring more of Golarion through its pages than pretty much any other series in the PF Tales line-up.