PDA

View Full Version : Ring of Djinni Summoning

Dappershire
2017-05-25, 03:34 AM
So first, Opinions: Just how powerful is this?
Sure, Hour long bodyguard/butler/masseuse/magic detector, but other than that? And concentration? Really?

Secondly, some different questions on the topic.

For their Create food and water ability. The water doesn't go bad, as per the spell. As per Djinni, they can create wine instead of water. Does it have the same lack of going bad as the water, or has it been downgraded to the same 24 hours as the food.
I mean, its not much, but selling all that wine (I'm assuming its the cheap stuff, not the gold per bottle stuff) still nets you 90 silver a day. Assuming you sell it all, and only for half of what its worth.

Items, as in, can I give them any? I can only assume they wouldn't appreciate heavy armor weighing them down, even if I could find some to size. But if I did have some magic chainmail, or magic scimitar, or some rings, or something, could they use it? Would they take it with them when they left, or would it force me to pick up after it?
On similar thought, do all of its items go back with it, or can they stay? As in, I ask (order) it to leave me its blade. Or try and offer payment for it to bring me something the next time it is summoned that only its homeland has?

Speaking of the blade, is that extra thunder/lightening dmg inherit in the scimitar, or in the Djinni itself?

And lastly, Plane Shift and control. I'm assuming its plane shift is usable by its owner and friends. If I were to say, get plane shifted to the Elemental Plane of Air, what would happen between me and the Djinni?
On one hand, the ring only gives you ownership of the Djinni for one hour a day. But technically, it is only the summoning that lasts an hour. If I were with it in its homeland, hour up, would it still be bound to the ring?
Obviously it wouldn't be wise to walk around a bunch of free Djinni while tugging their friend around on a leash, but is it possible? Or would I get my just deserts? Or somewhere in the middle, unwilling to help until "summoned", but also unable to attack the ring bearer?
The text says its friendly while summoned, so not necessarily while not. It also says it obeys any commands you give it. Not exactly while summoned, though i'd agree it is implied.

What do you think. Also, tips, tricks, Djinni cheat code?