PDA

View Full Version : Eyes of Charming and Enchanter Specialty

Thrasher92
2017-05-25, 08:41 AM
I'm sure this question has been answered before but, I can't seem to dig it up right now.

Whenever a wizard has a magic item that casts a spell that fits his specialty, can he use his school's specialty with the spell cast from that item?

Would an evoker be able to "sculpt" a fireball shot from a wand of fireball and protect his allies as he hurts his enemies?

Could an enchanter of 14th level edit the memories of someone caught within his Eyes of Charming?

I think, if I was the DM I would allow it. I don't see it to be too overpowered but, I'm sure a power player could find ways to break this. I'm just not sure if I would allow them to regain spell slots or something like that from the magic items they are using.

What do the rest of you think?

Sigreid
2017-05-25, 10:53 PM
IMO it depends on the wording. If the wording says you can cast a spell yada yada yada then yes. If you can trigger the item to cast the spell, then no. I'd also see if the item uses your casting DC for any saving throws or attack rolls or has a flat one of its own to tell whether you are really casting the spell or the item is.

It's not super clear RAW, so your DM may interpret it differently.