2007-08-02, 01:39 PM
Tentacle Slime
Large Ooze
Hit Dice: 6d10+30 (63 hp)
Initiative: -5
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 4 (-1 size, -5 Dex), touch 4, flat-footed 4
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+13
Attack: Tentacle +8 melee (1d6+5 plus 1d4 acid plus numbing slime)
Full Attack: 4 Tentacles +8 melee (1d6+5 plus 1d4 acid plus numbing slime)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft. (15 ft. with tentacles)
Special Attacks: Acid, constrict 1d6+5 plus 1d4 acid, improved grab, infest, numbing slime
Special Qualities: Amorphous, blindsight 60 ft., immunity to acid, ooze traits
Saves: Fort +7, Ref -3, Will -3
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 1, Con 20, Int –, Wis 1, Cha 1
Skills: –
Feats: –
Environment: Underground
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 7
Treasure: 1/10th coins, 50% goods (no non-metal or non-stone), 50% items (no non-metal or non-stone)
Alignment: Always True Neutral
Advancement: 7-12 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: –

Tentacle Slimes are just another member of the bizarre family of oozes. Their name derives from their unique body form–a small, globular center body surrounding by four large, whip-like tentacles. Their slime-like body is permeated by a potent, emerald-green digestive acid, which numbs and paralyzes flesh as it eats through it. A Tentacle Slime that encounters a creature will mindlessly attack it, attempting to paralyze it with its numbing slime before infesting it and digesting its body from the inside out.

Acid (Ex)
A Tentacle Slime secretes a digestive acid that quickly dissolves organic materials, but not metal or stone. Any melee hit or constrict attack deals 1d4 acid damage. Wooden or leather armor or clothing dissolves and becomes useless immediately unless it succeeds on a DC 18 Reflex save. Any wooden or otherwise organic weapon that strikes a Tentacle Slime also dissolves immediately unless it succeeds on a DC 18 Reflex save. A creature that damages a Tentacle Slime takes 1d4 acid damage unless it succeeds on a DC 18 Reflex save.The save DCs are Constitution-based.

Constrict (Ex)
A Tentacle Slime deals automatic tentacle damage with a successful grapple check.

Improved Grab (Ex)
To use this ability, a Tentacle Slime must hit a Medium or smaller creature with its tentacle attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict.

Infest (Ex)
As a full-round action, a Tentacle Slime can enter into the body of a helpless creature of Small size or larger. Each round, the creature may attempt a DC 18 Fortitude save to expel the Slime from its body; if it fails, it takes 2d6 acid damage as the slime literally digests its innards from the inside out. A Slime that has infested a creature cannot be attacked or targeted separately from the creature, though it takes half of any damage the infested creature does, and is affected separately by any spells that target the infested creature. A remove disease or heal spell cast on an infested creatures forces the Slime out. Once a Slime has been expelled from a creature’s body, it cannot try to infest that creature again for 24 hours.

Numbing Slime (Ex)
The slime that makes up a Tentacle Slime’s body possesses a potent numbing effect that paralyzes the Slime’s prey. A creature damaged by a Tentacle Slime’s tentacle attacks or constrict ability, or that damages the Slime with a natural weapon or unarmed strike, must make a DC 18 Fortitude save or be paralyzed for 1d3 rounds.

Amorphous (Ex)
A Tentacle Slime’s body is extremely malleable and compressible, allowing it to move through the smallest of spaces with ease. It can pass through holes and narrow openings as small as 2 inches in diameter. If it enters a space smaller than its body normally is, then its body compresses down to a maximum of Small size to fit it, which does not harm the Slime or that object containing it at all.

Arameus
2007-08-02, 02:00 PM
I love amorphs as enemies, they're just... so unsettling!

And another thing: Japanese schoolgirls, you should be afraid, because when the demons finally attack, we don't have nearly enough magic teenagers to fight them off.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-08-02, 02:50 PM
... You know, in the Special Qualities line, I initially read "amorphous" as "amorous"

... Yeah.

mabriss lethe
2007-08-02, 03:04 PM
... You know, in the Special Qualities line, I initially read "amorphous" as "amorous"

... Yeah.

Guffaws*

Yeah, for a second there. That's how I read it.

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-02, 10:20 PM
Son of a Shoggoth batman!

de-trick
2007-08-02, 10:32 PM
I rad the title and thought it was some sort of prestige class, but funny joke and nice monster

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2007-08-02, 10:40 PM
*YOINK*

Who told you how much I love oozes? C'mon. I know somebody did!

Belteshazzar
2007-08-02, 10:51 PM
Needs more than four tentacles to impress those Japanese chicks. Besides from the looks of it those ones just kill you after their done, if they were really wrong they would infest you and turn you into a slime incubator. Oh and if the slime is really numbing (as opposed to paralytic) then it may just be slightly uncomfortable.

The Demented One
2007-08-02, 10:52 PM
*YOINK*

Who told you how much I love oozes? C'mon. I know somebody did!
This would be just...awesome in Sigil Prep. I wasn't even thinking about that.