PDA

View Full Version : Optimization how to make wizdom go through the roof

Baby Gary
2017-05-25, 10:45 AM
Hi All,
Im planing on playing a cleric starting at 6th level (tank-ish/minor damage/undead minions) and I naturally want to have the highest wisdom posible. any races/templates/items that are LA+0 will do.

[Edit] I talked to my DM and he said that I have to be humanoid, also because I'm a cleric I don't want horribly cha because DMM

Gildedragon
2017-05-25, 10:54 AM
Lesser Aasimar other lesser planetouched are a solid bet
Anthropomorphic Animals also have good +Wis

Baby Gary
2017-05-25, 10:56 AM
I will ask my DM about anthro animals, however I think he might put his foot down and not let me be one.

Matrota
2017-05-25, 11:35 AM
The Jermlaine from MMII have +6 dex, +6 wis, -6 str, -2 con, -2 int, -6 cha. Its an awful tradeoff as all you get otherwise are the benefits of being a tiny fey and speak with rats, but hey you get plenty of wisdom. Plus it qualifies you for the unseelie fey template.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-05-25, 01:15 PM
If you're going for a DMM-based tank/minion master, you can probably get away with a relatively low Wisdom, actually-- it matters for spells/day, which is less of an issue because of Persist, and for save DCs, which aren't an issue if you're just casting spells on yourself or your allies. Heck, go Illumian with Aesh and Krau sigils and you can use your Strength for bonus spells.

(Alternately, I guess you can grab Intuitive Attack and a spear or morningstar and use your Wisdom for attack)

Baby Gary
2017-05-25, 01:35 PM
what book are the sigils from? also yes, you guessed my build

eggynack
2017-05-25, 05:04 PM
Tossing dragonborn on something makes it humanoid maybe. There are two contradictory parts of the description, one that takes the swap to humanoid perspective, one that says you stay the same. So, if you put dragonborn on anthropomorphic bat, which is a great combo no matter what, then you get a humanoid as long as you use the turning humanoid part of the rules. Which is good. Because +6 wisdom is a lot.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-05-25, 06:00 PM
what book are the sigils from? also yes, you guessed my build
Illumians are from Races of Destiny. They're neat.