PDA

View Full Version : Adventures through the looking glass

Naez
2017-05-25, 07:18 PM
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

I was thinking it'd be fun to run a short campaign, or maybe as a side quest in a bigger campaign, in a Wonderland type setting, probably some wizard's demiplane. What kind of things would you think that would entail and how would it be different from a normal game?

GilesTheCleric
2017-05-26, 08:11 AM
I believe there is a published version of this adventure in 2e that you could check out. I would hazard a guess that something similar exists in 3e or PF as well, but I can't remember one offhand. In terms of things being different, I don't think it would be too different other than that there might be more puzzles than a typical adventure. Just like a typical adventure, the PCs would probably try to solve those puzzles with their swords. Through the Looking Glass is a neat concept for a game, but I don't think that a lot of the things in it work very well in D&D, since they're different mediums made for different levels of interaction with different numbers of people.

Naez
2017-05-26, 04:55 PM
yeah you're right Dungeonland. There's even a conversion to 3.0 for it. now just to update it to 3.5 and beef up the enemies since my party is higher level than they expect.

Thurbane
2017-05-26, 09:02 PM
Dungeonland (EX1) and Land Beyond the Magic Mirror (EX2) are 1E modules with exactly this type of feel. As others have posted, there are some user made 3E conversions of these floating around the internet.

The 3.5 adventure Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk has a small section devoted to replicating aspects of these adventures.