PDA

View Full Version : Xykon [SOD spoiler] [Regular Spoiler]

PlasticSoldier
2007-08-02, 03:07 PM
Remember the no spell-casting virus? And how X became a lich to avoid it?
If his phylactery is destroyed by say Hinjo... would that make him not a lich because his soul would go back to his body and would that turn the virus back on or something like that?

Niburu
2007-08-02, 03:29 PM
I really don't think so. First of all, the Phylacary (sp?) isn't what keeps him a lich. the spell basically destroyed his body and kept his magically bound skeleton together. If the Phylacary (again sp?) is destroyed, that would my that Xykon would just have to be careful not to die again until he can bind his soul to a new one.
Not to mention that the virus was in his blood streem, not attached to his bones.

David Demola
2007-08-02, 03:34 PM
LoL, Bone Marrow.

factotum
2007-08-02, 04:23 PM
Since you've read SoD you already have your answer--when Redcloak threatened to destroy the phylactery, Xykon was perfectly willing to let him do it, because it wouldn't have the slightest effect on him. His undead body would have to be destroyed first, THEN destroying the phylactery would kill him permanently.

Oh, and if the spell that turned him into a lich COULD somehow be undone in such a way that he would revert to his living form, I think he'd have a lot more problem with being nearly 110 years old than having a virus in his bloodstream!

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-02, 04:27 PM
Xykon's phylactery is a "Last Resort" kind of thing. If his body is destroyed, he can come back as long as the phylactery isn't destroyed. But once the phylactery is destroyed, killing Xykon results in dead-dead instead of kind of dead.

Redcloak's plan failed because Xykon knew he could kill Redcloak before RC could destroy the phylactery.