PDA

View Full Version : Wormverse 'Villains' Game Team 1 IC

ThreadNecro5
2017-05-26, 04:03 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?525589-Wormverse-Villains-Game-Team-1-OOC&p=22034549#post22034549

After twenty-four hours to prepare you have all met up again where you originality did. Singularity was waiting for you, and after everyone is present, the best he can tell anyway, updates you all on the how things will be set up.

“Right, first you will be separated into two teams, You are to function for now without the support from the other, appearing to be independent teams. No doubt once you are established presences you can disguise your cooperation as alliances and deals but until then two large teams appearing at the same time and cooperating might be suspicions. I have allocated you to teams of seven each.” At this time a pair of drones fly over and begin dispensing colour coded sheets containing directions as well as either a key or keycard. “And yes there are fourteen of you, there’s a stranger among you whose invisibility does not turn off. On that topic there is some sand in the tray behind me, alongside a pen and some paper, should you require it, Unbodied”.

“The drone that provided you with the key will take you to your teams’ base of operations. They should have whatever you need but you can requisition more when needed. You will have an E-mail waiting on you on arrival. As will a member of the Sewer Rats. Please respond with a confirmation of arrival, and either Rat King or Gator to answer any questions you may have.

Later:
The drone took you to a sewer exit after which you can finally get out and into the night time air. The exit used was a good distance away from any major road allowing a group of capes to get around unnoticed.

Finally you reach your destination. The exterior of the building is nothing much, overall it is a largish, two-floor, building with an adjoining garage. The whole thing can be said to have seen better days. Overall something that most would think the tenants of are squatters or students splitting a bill. You all are presently entering it through the back entrance, where, as the directions state, a keycard scanner is concealed below the doorknob.

You enter what appears to be the kitchen. Fully stocked with tinned and dried goods and equipped with a relatively modern oven and microwave. The kitchen leads to the adjoining combination sitting-dining room featuring an assortment of chairs and couches all facing a television, remote sitting on same the platform it is. Also connecting to this room is the way to the corridor leading to the garage, stairs, a cupboard beneath them, and what may be an entrance to a basement.

Then before you can go much farther a toilet flushes. A couple minutes later a man comes down the stairs. He is a thin African-American man, at least from what little can be seen beneath the layers upon layers of tattered fabric and sack-cloth mask, The real detail to his identity are the vermin that trail over him, dangling from his back and shoulders even as they crawl around. Rat King.

“Sorry.” he says, “Nature called”.

As he walks you all to the sitting room he gets to the point quickly, more well spoken than one would suspect from his costume. “So any priority questions before I talk you all through the grand tour”?

Sønderjye
2017-05-26, 11:49 PM
Later

Shade VI had been stealing looks at the other people in the group. She wasn't entirely sure about this whole situation but it seemed like a safe way of getting exposed to some capes. Well... Safer.

The place was a lot cleaner than what she was used to.

She feels anxious about the situation of not knowing what they were supposed to do so she walks into the kitchen and starts snacking. It helped some but not a lot.

Rat King. From what she had gathered his power was related to controlling and sensing through his rats. A plan quickly appeared in her head. Rather than answering his question she kneeled down and extended a hand towards the nearest rat, offering it a piece of dried fruit. She watches closely how the rat acts and if she can see any reaction from Rat King.

I really need to find a voice-changer, she complains to herself.

A quick note. I am all for engaging in player interaction. This character however isn't the biggest extrovert. I just wanted to throw a comment that the lack of forwardness on the character does not reflect my interest in player interaction :smallsmile:

Writtensanity
2017-05-27, 02:35 AM
BEFORE

The highway between New York and San Antonio was slow. It wasn't that there was traffic, it was just that flying was faster than a car could ever be and Layne had gotten accustomed to being able to fly.

Of course, flying wasn't great for carrying two suitcases and a backpack, so Layne was making her way to San Antonio in her beat up sedan, the same one she'd dragged around the country as the PRT kept suggesting that she might make her way onto a team.

For the past two years she'd been teased with the idea of finally getting to use her powers for good. Every couple of months she'd say goodbye to her friends in LA to go off to an 'internship' only to be eventually turned away because there was someone who caused less collateral damage that the PRT could call upon.

Layne understood, at their weakest her powers tore apart asphalt and brickwork within 30ft, and at their strongest she totalled cars. Layne didn't have a power that was 'conductive to heroism' but that didn't change the fact that she was dead set of being a hero. She'd gotten her powers in the elevator for a reason, and that reason hadn't been to play soccer.

She'd been in New York when the letter came for her in the PRT inbox she'd been borrowing. She was to report to San Antonio for job placement, her collateral damage wasn't a problem, and details were to come.

Over time Layne had learned to distrust letters from the PRT, but this one was different. All of the others had told her about possible placement, and that her powers 'shouldn't be a problem' but this letter had speicially told her that she was wanted for her powers an-

The car bluetooth started ringing, and Layne left behind her train of thought to pick it up.

"Hello?" Layne asked.

"Layne," Brooke started on the line, I've been texting you all-"

"I'm driving," Layne answered as an excuse. There wasn't a soul on the highway, she could have looked at her phone if she'd wanted to.

"Where?"

Layne bit her tongue before she answered, "San Antonio."

"So you're not coming back."

"No," Layne sighed.

"Another internship?" Brooke suggested. Layne had been using internships to cover her trial periods with the PRT fro years, and she was honestly surprised that Brooke still believed it.

"I think it's a job this time," Layne winced as she said it. All of her 'internships' had an end date that sent her back to LA and the life she'd been holding there. A job meant this was going to be permenant.

"And you're just telling me now?"

"It was sudden," Layne protested.

"It was sudden," Brooke mocked, "you're kidding right?"

"No."

"San Antonio?" Brooke said the name like it was poison, "you're going to live in San Antonio?"

"It's not that far from LA."

"It's not LA."

"I don' t have a job in LA."

"So work at starbucks."

"I can do better than Starbucks," Layne countered. She'd tried being picked up by the LA PRT first, but that hadn't been an option. And so she'd been 'looking for a job in LA' without looking for a job for months now.

"Well what are they paying you?"

"I don't know yet."

"You don't know," Brooke almost gasped, "and you're moving there?"

"I'm only bringing like two bags."

"And who's gonna take all your **** here?"

"I don't know, if it works out I'll come get it or something," Layne answered. "How about we just be happy that I got a job?"

"A job in the wrong city," Brooke hissed.

Layne sighed, this conversation needed to be over. She had enough to worry about trying to figure out what the PRT wanted from her. "I'll call you later okay?"

"What?"

"I'm busy the net couple of days but I'll call you soon."

"Megan is gonna kill you," Brooke warned.

"I know,"Layne said before hanging up the phone and then feeling guilty about not saying goodbye. The whole 'cape' business was complicated. Most people on Parahumans.net said that you lost your old friends and made new ones. Maybe it was the truth, but Layne wasn't quite ready to move on at this point.

Either way, there was a lot of highway before the first meeting, and then more between her and her new home.

LATER

Layne eyed Shade as she attempted to feed one of the rats. It was a gutsy move seeing as the rule of thumb seemed to be 'don't **** with Parahuans you don't understand'. Of course that meant that Layne shouldn't be interacting with any of the people in the room. She had a cursory idea of their abilities from the dossier she'd been handed, but aside from that she was in the dark, and it wasn't like anyone had been that chatty in the drone.

"How about we do introductions first?" Layne suggested. Yeah, it was a little 'summer camp' but making people talk about themselves would at least get people talking.

n0ble
2017-05-27, 08:52 AM
Later

Claire stooped under the back doorway to the building. She was inside the suit, and took a little bit of time to savour the sensation of walking before re-shouldering the duffel bag that she'd brought along. Beakers, a few flasks, needles, a medical kit, some fertilizer and a burner. Standard fair for a burgeoning chemist. The suits turreted eyes danced around as they entered the kitchen looking over all the capes and food, before moving on to the rest of the room. All the while feeding Claire the visual stimuli.

One door looked like it descended into a basement. Good. It would provide ample space for a laboratory should she require it. She stiffened at the sound of the toilet flushing, the suit responding in kind, before relaxing at the sight of a lone figure making his way down. Ratking. If she hadn't had other things on her mind, Claire would have mused on the etymology of the word and how it was proving to thus far be inadequate to the reality of it's subject. But she had other things to figure out first.

One of the eyes looked at Shade VI while the another watched anyone who was asking questions. The remaining two focused on the Ratking himself. Claire gave as brief an introduction as she allowed to everyone before moving on to the most important question she needed an answer to. "Larva. How much do we have in terms of starting funds?" The words came out...roughly, with an odd clicking undertone that mingled with Claire's own voice to produce something that others might have found just plain odd.

Rakaydos
2017-05-27, 09:55 AM
Later

Chimera walked in, shirt off in the texan evening. He was keeping his usual form, a black, grey and maroon furred bipedal canine... though keen eyes would tell that some of the muscle shapes didnt belong to human or canine, such as the thick tail, more appropriate for an otter or something.

"Chimera. I aint got nothin, cause I got busted outta minimum security last night to attend this gig. Anyone mind making a run down to the sporting goods store for me? From what I remember, texas got the right idea on the second amendment, but I''m a little to noticable for a recently escaped killer."

GameOfChampions
2017-05-27, 11:33 AM
Before

The brief meeting with Singularity had been pretty succinct. That had been the largest group of Parahumans she had ever seen, though to be fair she hadn't exactly been seeking out Parahuman attention since she triggered, and she had been pretty impressed by everyone. She didn't really know much about her new team but that would come with time, besides this couldn't be worse then constantly travelling around and squatting in abandoned buildings most nights. 'Maybe I can actually put down some roots and get set up here.'

She had been pretty surprised to get an invite, she hadn't exactly been flaunting her presence in the city but then again she hadn't been hiding it either. She'd got in a fight with some ***** trying to mug a girl walking home from a bar a few days before the invite so some rumors had probably spread around of another Parahuman on the scene. 'Ehh there are worse things in the world to get involved with, besides Tarot seems to be screwing things up massively here.'

Later

'Damn, Singularity really knows what he's doing.'

The house was pretty great for what they needed right now and they would probably be here for a while. Good security, all the necessities, and extra room for all the cape activities they'll be getting up to. Jade grabs a few cans of easy food from a cupboard as they pass through the kitchen and slips them into her backpack, it was always nice to have some food on you and this stuff was pretty simple.

She tables her thoughts on their new digs as Rat King comes out of the bathroom, she takes a small step back as he does. She didn't mind rats per se but she sure as hell didn't like being in this close proximity with them and she makes a mental note to buy some rat traps after he leaves. She does think about any questions she may have though and after a second tentatively raises her hand.

"Umm I'm pretty new to the cape scene here so I guess could you tell us if we're in any gangs territory and if not then which gangs we're bordering/near to? Also on a personal note are there any homeless shelters or battered women's shelters nearby? I like to try and help out occasionally."

She eyes the rest of the 'team' and mentally shrugs, cliche and awkward as it is there wasn't really a ton of ways to make easy introductions when you're thrown together like this. She takes off the helmet and shakes out here hair a bit, blinking at the change in light, and smiles at the others a little awkwardly and tries for a weak joke.

"Well you guys can call me Jade, I figure if we're packed together like rats and gonna be spending a lot of time together there isn't a point in trying to hide my identity from you lot. However in costume you can call me Aspect."

ThreadNecro5
2017-05-27, 06:26 PM
"Yes, that seems a good start." Replies Rat King to Shade.

As some of the others introduce themselves, he himself takes his turn. "Well, I am Rat King, surprise, surprise." He has a little laughter while crouching to pick up one of the vermin freshly scurried over to him. "Me and my organization are assisting yours with taking down the Tarot, and you have two favours to call in for other things when needed, although I would discuss things with the other team before you use one. Our services are best used for information gathering and infiltration. I or Gator will also be available on demand for general advice for this whole 'villain' thing if wanted, or otherwise just someone to bounce ideas off".

He continues taking on businesslike, but still warm, tone.

"So onto the topic of gangs. Around here is Los Lobos territory. Soon to be yours. They are presciently involved in a civil war of sorts. Los Lobos snap up whatever they think they can get away with, and so can be found all over. A short distance away, directly between here and downtown, you will run into the blocks Hekta-, Hekat-, Hechto-,..." It can be assumed he is trying and failing to say 'Hekatonkheir', his failure annoying him visibly "...The nigh unpronounceable duplicating Brute, controls. He sticks to himself and has no interest in expanding his territory so he is safe so long as you do not mess with him, this location was even selected in part because if anything tracks you here and starts something the ruckus might call him over to end things. Beyond that sightings of Legion have been seen, and both them them and Los Lobos have fought each other. Also we have these new guys who make a point to target new capes or teams".

"On to.. Larva, was it? Well onto the money situation there's a few thousand in cash by the computer in the basement, most of the space is set aside for Tinkers but the far end of the room has the computer for contacting Singularity, a backup generator, and some maps showing territory divisions. All bills the building accrues are being paid for you and there is about a month or two of food, so the money is for whatever you need it for. It should be enough to set up an income of your own, whatever you end up using. Once you handle that the plan is to set you up with the guy us villains go to for banking. I can also provide you with contact details for Smith, a local Tinker, if you want to make a purchase. Smith sells anything from costumes to vehicles, to weapons. In fact, as I am effectively the designated 'neutral party' for this city I can set you up with almost anyone. As to contacting me, you can either ask the homeless and they will tell me you have been asking, or try talking to a rat, if it's one of mine I will hear. In an emergency show up at the tent-city in costume and word will get to me, Directions are on the map in the basement".

With the business side to things done for now Rat King turns his attention to Aspect, answering her other question.

"Well, I'm not exactly sure here the battered women's shelters are, but I can help with the homeless shelters. I look out for the cities homeless you see. Anyway the closest should be the one built in memorial to the Behemoth attack in New York, along West Heldebrand. Others would be down Reed road and La Vernia".

"Also you said you are new? Has anyone went through the 'Unwritten Rules' with you? All common stuff but it pays to know".

As he finishes he removes his mask, matching Aspect's gesture and holds his hand out to shake.

"But anyway pleased to meet you Jade, the name's Billy".

Shade VI:
When you look at Rat King, your recently acquired intuition-based power tells you that his thoughts are something of a seesaw between polite interest directed to you and your fellows and a varying level of caution toward several more distant targets, all related to either a gang or parahuman of some stipe.

The rat itself is undisturbed with the human presence but otherwise grabs the offered food and eats it as any rat would. Strangely when looking at the rat you can also pick up the same details as you can from Rat King. Apparently the rat's natural behaviour and it's control are not mutually exclusive.

While It probably does not need to be stated I will inevitably be making some artistic libraries to the city. Landmarks will say where they are however, and I will work around that the best I can. Most street names I am basing from the actual city but they will not be accurate in relation to each other in position to their real-life counter parts.

Dienekes
2017-05-28, 04:23 PM
Argus silently followed the drone, through the sewers to their new base. It was impressive, but the amount of secrecy seemed closer to what a child thought a gang's hideout would be like than any he'd ever been to. But that's to be expected from something made by a 'hero.' Still, if they have the funds for something like this, they might as well use it.

While the Rat King talked, Liam quietly concentrated on him. The Protectorate getting involved with establishing gangs? If they're willing to do that, who knows what they're capable of? He didn't risk marking Singularity, but the Rat King seemed a safer target. The mark was planted behind the man's ear. He preferred to place it under their hair, but with that mask, Liam couldn't tell if there was enough hair on the top of his head to cover it.

"I'm Argus," he said when they started to introduce each other. "While I like the sound of how much funds we're getting, I have to ask. What will it appear that are money comes from? Gangs don't pop out of the sewers with enough money to fight larger gangs overnight. They have a product to sell: drugs, whores, weapons. If we don't have a product, Tarot will know there's something wrong with us."

n0ble
2017-05-28, 07:05 PM
Later

Claire and the suit both tilted their heads to the side in unison as Rat King explained the financial situation to everyone. She wordlessly turned away from the conversation, confident in the knowledge that others would fill her in on what she missed out on. She maneuvered herself and the suit towards the stairs that led to the basement, making her way downstairs to count not only the cash, but gauge what sort of state the basement was in.

GameOfChampions
2017-05-28, 10:12 PM
Later

Jade shakes Billy's hand with a polite interested nod then shrugs "Thanks for letting me know where they are, I can google the rest I'm sure. Ya I'm new to the city, I've been travelling around for a few months now and I've picked up some basic cape stuff. No killing or screwing with civilian identities and all that jazz, pretty much keep it civil as much as you can and everyone will do the same for you. May be missing a few things here and there but I figure some of these guys know the drill and I'll pick it up from them as we go."

She ***** her head slightly, hesitating for a second, before asking another qquestion "Actually there is one thing you could help me with quickly. What's the etiquette for reaching out to other cape groups? I'm pretty sure we can't exactly send an email but I can't imagine showing up in costume would be received well either soooooooo..."

After that question I'm down to get back on track for finishing up the tour and stuff.

Writtensanity
2017-05-29, 03:13 PM
"Geez unmasking already? I just put the damn thing on," Horizon joked before taking off her helmet and letting her hair down. She'd just been given the Horizon-E persona instead of Gravity Girl instead of Layne Campell. Everything was starting to resemble inception with her identities. "Layne, nice to finally be part of a group of heroes."

"On the topic of things to sell, can't we just do the 'protection' thing? I'm not too happy about shilling drugs or weapons around. We're here to help, aren't we?"

Dienekes
2017-05-29, 06:02 PM
"You might be, but I'm in it to see Tarot burn," Argus shrugged. "Protection is trickier than drugs, but we can try it. Means we need to build a base of clients though, who must trust or fear us more than the Protectorate. Usually means we literally show up to their shop and break their windows until they agree to pay us, or our clients are already criminals. Either way could work. I always preferred drugs myself, as long as you don't sell to schools it's just people wasting their own lives and getting profit from it.

If it makes you feel better, think of it as going undercover. An undercover cop may need to do some nasty things to get their targets to trust them."

ThreadNecro5
2017-05-29, 07:13 PM
"No need for anyone to unmask if they don't wish to." says Billy while Putting his mask back on.

"To contact another group the main strategy has been to work though me conveniently enough, I'm recognised as something of a neutral party when one is needed. We used to have another guy unrelated to any gang to act as muscle, but Judge took him out." Rat King darkens a little while saying that. "The idea for using me is that my power lets me get around to organise things, my territory is the sewers so I am 'next door' to everyone, and everyone's cooperation is ensured because I have dirt on everyone but were I to use it they can bring their power down on me and the Rats are just me, Gator, and some loyal homeless people who choose to officially join up. So it's mutually ensured destruction. Of course the problem with all this was the Tarot. They could always find these things out.

brightening up a little, almost amused he adds "And some of the more businesslike of us do take E-mail, The Crew, and Foundry Specifically, as does Smith. And Bad Company even have a website".

Next up he turns toward Layne, almost sombre in his tone. "To help is indeed your job here, but half of that helping is to take control of the cities underworld. I was going to point out two options for you. Taking over the local protection racket is one of them, but the better one, however distasteful, is taking the local drug lab for yourself. You wont have this chance for another week and by then you should own this area and they will have ran. Anyway once a week a Los Lobos meth lab hands out it's stock of ice and the money is totalled. All the local dealers will be there, as will a lieutenant or cape you can use to make a show of force. So you take over; make the dealers your dealers, get yourselves some street cred, and a reliable source of income. Golden opportunity. Besides those drugs are getting onto the street one way or another, why not let them fund your takeover and help more people in the long run?" He turns a little to show he is addressing you all. "You have just under a couple hours to decide what you want to do. But my suggestion of 'take the drug lab' stands. The next day you can fight off whatever retaliatory measure comes your way and use that to consolidate, using the time to take the rackets over too".

"And remember Layne, you never know who is listening. You are among your fellow villains." He say with a cheerful wink before moving on to what he seems to consider a more serious point. "A Villain can still be someone's hero. I know for a fact I have done more to assist this cities' homeless than any of the heroes".

Finishing his point he moves on.

"As to your facilities here, well I've told you about the basement but there is also a small elevator to the garage in case a Tinker can't get something big or heavy up the stairs. You will also find a key to the other teams base. Singularity's calling it 'Site B'. Well, in the cupboard there you will find a stock of nonlethal weapons and some other supplies. Pepper spray, Tear gas, Tasers, bludgeons, bulletproof vests, medical supplies, and I even managed to convince Singularity to toss in some combat knives. Also all the windows in the building are Tinkertech, Made to be night impossible to break from the outside and they have a small switch near them..." At this point Rat King walks over to one to demonstrate "... hit it and the window will look as if no lights are on inside, so you can appear to not be home if you wish".

"Upstairs is the bathroom, toilet, shower, pretty basic really. Shampoo provided. Also there are a few more areas for storage and the four bedrooms, each has two single beds, two wardrobes, and two chests of drawers, as well as a sliding curtain down the centre for changing and the like. I think the idea is everyone pick one half of a room for themselves, with one left unoccupied, so you can empty it out for half a room spare if needed. Of course You still have whatever dwellings you had before if you have a civilian life to keep up. Beyond that I think all there is left is for you all to think of a name for your organisation, ideally a gang-tag or something like one as well or a symbol at least.

Writtensanity
2017-05-29, 07:54 PM
Layne hissed at the idea of trying to sell drugs to people. Sure, Ratking was right about them going onto the streets anway, but she'd seen drugs take away a couple of good kids in university. Not to say that they were dead, but anything illicit was a one way ticket out of the sports program unless you were the star player. As the RatKing explained everything about the drug rings and the situation in the city it started to kick Layne the wrong way. "If everyone trusts you why are you telling us where the drugs are gonna be? Ain't that ticking off the Los Lobos? That doesn't seem neutral."

Layne caught herself in the accusatory tone and took a verbal step back, "Not that I don't appreciate the help, it's just that I don't want the first thing that happens to do that you get smacked around for telling us the wrong thing."

With Ratkings final point Layne shut up about being a hero. How many times had she missed a mouse in the corner until it squeaked? Rat King could watch them as much as he wanted, so he made a good point about anyone being able to watch.

And hey, they had beds, which meant she didn't have to go apartment shopping on day one. Joy. Getting her parents to co-sign again was going to take some explaining.

Rakaydos
2017-05-30, 12:46 AM
Chimera nodded to Layne. "Meth isnt pretty, but what else are people gonna do when the goverment takes all their honest money every year? Lets take over, maybe we can help the buyers while we're at it."

n0ble
2017-05-30, 08:34 AM
Claire walked back up stairs from the basement after taking a look around the basement. Just in time to catch Chimera's thoughts on meth. She briefly mused on the word while the suit surveyed the assembled capes and took in their various reactions, feeding the external stimuli to her brain. Chimera. An organism containing a mixture of genetically different tissues, formed by processes such as fusion of early embryos, grafting, or mutation. Or: a thing that is hoped or wished for but in fact is illusory or impossible to achieve. She ended the thought by briefing wondering if he was a match for the suit before addressing the assembled capes.

"Better that we control the drugs. We can distribute them more safely. Use funding to reinvest in further infrastructures. Including safe use zones for addicts and addiction counselling." She left it unsaid that she wanted to invest some of it into her suit. Everyone probably knew that already and she'd wasted enough words stating the obvious. Besides. The process for making something like meth was simple enough. Even easier if she could get access to a super lab to mass produce it. Not exactly the original purpose of her masters in biochem, but useful nonetheless. High quality mass production.

Claire's good with selling drugs. She could do a Walter White and make some good stuff too. Also italicizing thoughts/internal monologue.

ThreadNecro5
2017-05-30, 04:25 PM
Larva- The Basement:
Sorry, yesterday I forgot to detail the basement, So I'll do it now as a 'quick look' version

The Basement was of good size and seems pretty much prepped for use. The majority of the space is a long corridor or sorts, the Tinker workshop separated from the material at the far end by a screen of some variety of clear plastic with an automated door in the centre. In the workshop the 'entrance' is a large-enough unadorned square shape with an elevator of sorts built into one side like a giant dumbwaiter reaching to the floor. The rest of the long room has two long tables on either side, and between each is a large Tinkertech device, thankfully labelled. Once is an incubator of sorts, able to both maintain the heat, with programmable timers for adjusting the temperature items are held at, and also containing a setting for sterilising tools. It features eight compartments and each can be programmed separately. the other device is simply a fancy fridge, with similar temperature programmability and also currently stocked with an assortment of DNA samples, cell cultures and enzymes. Presumably for biotinkers. The room's walls are stocked with almost any handheld tool that could be and in the storage space under each table larger tools can be found, welding torches, wiring materials, microscopes, anything that fits really. Atop the tables is an organised scattering of various supplies useful for more conventional tinkers, nuts, bolts, wires, and scrap metal, alongside bits of electronics. Just about any tinker could set up work here and either have the tools needed or the ability to improvise them.

Through the clear screen on the far end of the room was a computer, beside which was a few stacks of bills and, on a adjacent table, some closed folders and maps.

Back Upstairs:
"It is indeed very non-neutral." replies Rat King to Layne "But don't worry about me. Los Lobos can't retaliate if they never discover I was involved in the first place. They have too many problems as it stands. Not to mention they pick fights with my people so this is something of an excuse to get back at them, however vicariously".

"I think other than a name you all are pretty much ready, yes"?

Rakaydos
2017-05-31, 12:08 AM
Chimera looked around at the others. "We're here to cause trouble for the Tarot, right? How about the Chaos Gang?"

Writtensanity
2017-05-31, 01:38 PM
"Doesn't Chaos Gang feel a little, I don't know, Slaughterhouse 9-y?" Layne asked. "I don't think anyone is going to love the idea of living in 'Chaos Gang' territory."

Rakaydos
2017-05-31, 04:17 PM
"Doesn't Chaos Gang feel a little, I don't know, Slaughterhouse 9-y?" Layne asked. "I don't think anyone is going to love the idea of living in 'Chaos Gang' territory."
"I wouldnt go that far, but we're taking over a meth lab. We arnt going to be called Sunshine and Rainbows here. We're competing with a group called the Fiends and another called Bad Company, and we have help from the Sewer Rats." He nodded to Rat King. "Lets pick a name that fits in with those."

3SecondCultist
2017-05-31, 10:59 PM
"How 'bout... the Foretold?" The low growl comes from behind a bright red scarf-turned mask, from the goggled man who has yet to say anything this entire tour. Well built but not of an especially above average height, he's nonetheless been pretty much looming at the back since the first meeting. He hasn't asked Rat King any questions, content to let the rest of the group handle the logistics, hanging his great big duster up on one of the hooks and dropping himself on one of the couches in the living room, putting his boots up. As he does, everyone in the room can see that he actually has silver spurs attached to the backs of them. He twirls his two revolvers absentmindedly as he takes a cigarette from a pack and slides his mask over in order to light it.

Approximately 32.4% chance that none of them will bother me for smoking in here. Worth it.

"Although... I gotta say, I do love me some chaos. It's kinda my livelihood. On second thought, let's go with that one." A small grin reveals his teeth as he finishes off his cigarette, pulling over an ashtray and putting it out before readjusting the bandana so that his mouth is no longer visible. "As for everything else that's bein' discussed here, I gotta agree with... Larva, was it? We oughta control the flow of product closely, keep a watchful eye on it to make sure it doesn't go anywhere we don't want it. Don't want contraband just goin' out on the streets just any old place, do we? Can't speak for any of you, but at the end of this, I plan on walkin away with my conscience clear." As he speaks, Ace slowly gets up so that he's facing the entire crew, still surreptitiously making sure that his back is to the corner of the room as it was since he sat down.

"In case any of y'all missed it, the name's Ace by the way. Got kinda dragged into this mess by accident, see, but I'm gonna stick it out with this crew. None of you seem a bad sort." He pauses. "Oh, and I guess I could knock down a couple of casinos if you're in need of some extra capital fast. Just gotta make sure they don't have any of them power monitors or anti-Thinker fellas in there first."

Only a 14% chance that all of them buy the whole 'southern roughs' act. Oh well. I'll just have to keep a watchful eye out for the observant ones.

Sønderjye
2017-06-01, 11:53 AM
Later

Milla had been silent through most of the conversation. It seemed like the other had more experience in this kind of thing so she had just been taking in.

"I'm Shade VI" she chimes when it comes to be her turn in the introductions. Curse her small girl voice, she really needed to find a Changer. She doesn't take her mask off however.

Milla wereceives smiling big behind the mask. This whole thing seemed to be going according to plan. No dangers and lots of parahumans.

"To contact another group the main strategy has been to work though me conveniently enough, I'm recognised as something of a neutral party when one is needed.

"How do we contact you?" She asks

On the matter on money she responds: "I am fine with both protection and drugs. There are far worse things happening and we need a foot in to be able to stop those."

Shade walks over to the cupboard, graps a bludgeon and takes a swing.. and clearly displays how inadequate she is at handling those. Despite this she has a big grin on her face under the mask. If she had had one of those last time she saw Moses his face would have looked differently now.

She takes a few more swings before asking the group: "Do any one of you know how to handle one of these?"

n0ble
2017-06-01, 12:53 PM
Watching Shade VI with the baton, Claire was struck by an idea for a new add on to the suit. It would no doubt be a costly endeavour, transplanting skills from one person into the suit, then allowing the wearer of the suit to benefit from those skills. Still, bared some merit. After all, nothing in the world ever came without some kind of struggle or conflict. Especially change for the better. Claire simply offered advice based on her knowledge of the human body. The same metallic click came out of the suit, underplayed with a female voice "Aim for the torso and limbs. More damaging than a head shot. Targets more vitals. Easier to land. Ultimately less lethal." It was advice Claire didn't need given what she was wearing, but it might help the others who were unfamiliar with human anatomy.

Sønderjye
2017-06-01, 04:08 PM
Shade's mask goes up and down as she listens to Claire's words.

An idea pops up in her head and she turns to ratking: "Is there an area dedicated for fighting practice? Any practise dolls?"

Rakaydos
2017-06-01, 10:30 PM
Chimera watched Shade swing the baton and shook his head. "Fancy tinkertech is all well and good, but my poppa taught me rifles, I dont need nothing fancy." he raised a hand and thought about claws. A dozen different species flashed through his mind, knowlege or relative strengths, agility, sharpness, and endurance. Chimera focused on one that LOOKED sharp, and his hand began changing, warping into some kind of bird talon. "I can handle melee myself."

3SecondCultist
2017-06-01, 11:37 PM
"Heh, I like the cut of your jib, if you don't mind my sayin," Ace says in Chimera's direction. He's already seen the likelihood of Shade injuring himself somehow in practice... probably best if doesn't share it though, that sort of thing tends to skew the odds. Instead, the gunslinger cape gently pats the outside of the duster on the hook. "Never such a thing as too much practice! Although I might like to get my hands on a tinker rifle at some point, I got all my friends here to keep me company til then."

"Now, seems like we could use a few boots on the ground, so to speak. Somebody out on the streets, to make sure our jobs go smooth when we want em to, somebody who can act independent of our command structure. I'd be happy to oblige my own services, if you'll have me. There ain't much else for me to round these parts cept for practice, but I can do that on my own time. I'd be your ghost, following on drops and the like, but not making my presence known more than needs doing." Beneath his dark lenses, Matt's eyes scan the room to make sure that each and every one of the assorted superheroes understand what he's saying.

29% chance that they go for it, in the end. As he looks at each cape, Ace modifies the question, looking for the individual odds of each of his team members supporting him. That way at least, he'll know at whom to drive his argument should there be reservations.

To stop me from just making up numbers, what would the odds be of your respective characters saying yes to Ace's proposal of being the 'outside man'? And please don't say '0%' or '100%', because neither of those are realistic. I'm going to be asking you guys and the GM questions like this throughout the game, and if you all just tank the answers, then I'm losing a valuable facet of my character's power.

GameOfChampions
2017-06-02, 12:25 AM
Jade shuffles her feet a little bit before a small shrug "Honestly I'm not the most comfortable with getting into the drug trade myself, you can argue that it will be happening anyway all you want but taking a hand in it yourself makes you directly responsible in a way that you just aren't when watching other people do it. I understand we have a job here though and this is an easy way to get into the swing of things and get us set up here, but would we be able to revisit this conversation at a later date when we have more resources and assets set up? Maybe shut down the drug trade we control in our territory when we have a stable income from elsewhere? I like the protection idea a lot more myself, and maybe investing our money into a few various businesses or whatnot? Just something to think about."

She does snort a bit hearing that the way to get in contact with some of the gangs is, in fact, through email "Wow that is remarkably straightforward, I dunno I guess with all the villainy and jockeying for power going on I was expecting elaborate methods like putting a message in a tree and then it getting ferried through a dozen different people before getting to the leaders. This is so much easier." She says with a smile, "I imagine we'll probably still bring you along to help with the introductions though, neutral third parties could never hurt."

She had never really thought to far ahead after she triggered, mostly going around doing her own thing and helping the occasional person out there. She had for sure never figured that she would be joining up with a group of... diverse capes to take down a massive underground organization full of some of the more dangerous people this end of America. Right now though, meeting everyone and planning their future plans and names it was kind of fun, the cape life was contagious to say the least. 'I could get used to this.'

She snorts slightly hearing the duster wearing mans accent, it was a little cheesy but not the worst she had heard by far since coming down south to Texas. Those spurs were pretty cool though she doubted he would be doing much horse riding in town. "Well I kinda like 'The Foretold', it's mysterious but not to threatening and pretty fun as well. As far as boots on the ground I guess what would that really mean? Would you not join us for any planning missions or running the territory? How separate would you be from us?"

Jade will be a tentative 57% in favor of Ace's proposal. It sounds useful enough and definitely wouldn't hurt while being slightly worried about how distant Ace will be exactly and how this will effect the team being able to rely on him for larger more organized stuff.

Dienekes
2017-06-02, 11:10 AM
Liam looked to Jade and shrugged. "Everyone always expects criminals and conspirators hang around at drop points, meeting up at midnight, and using various codes. The truth is always much more mundane. All that crap takes time and energy, that's better used just knowing the legal system and exploiting it. The cops can't get a warrant to phones or hijack emails unless they have proof to connect to you, and the easiest way to make yourself a target is to act all suspicious. Drugs are sold on street corners and in malls, and conspirators meet for lunch."

For people setting up to act as career criminals, the group the Protectorate picked certainly seemed squeamish. "Of the two, I'd definitely prefer the drug trade. It's what I know, and ultimately less dangerous for us. It's no good trying to take down Tarot if we get embroiled in a full scale war because someone under our 'protection' butted heads with the wrong gang member. But, if that's the way our little group votes, I'll make it work."

"As to your proposition, Ace, I'm uncertain. I've only just met you, and you've already admitted to be 'roped in' to doing this job in the first place, and now want to separate all ties. I, simply don't trust you enough for that."

Liam doesn't trust Ace's proposal, but he can definitely see that strategic value in it. I'd say there's about a 25% chance he'll agree, but Ace would need a bit of fast talking to convince him the pros outweigh Liam's suspicions.

ThreadNecro5
2017-06-02, 06:04 PM
"How do we contact you?" She asks

"It's as I said." Replies Rat King, "Either get the message that you wish to talk to one of my people, that is pretty much all the homeless, and let it get around to me or talk to any rat you see wandering around because odds it is one of mine and I can hear you. And in an emer-". He stops suddenly an idea flashing into existence in his face.

"I just thought of something more reliable if you want one. If I were to keep a rat here, caged of course, you could use it to contact me at any time, I will just need to show up weekly to reaffirm control? Of course I will offer the same to everyone else with territory do it doesn't look suspicious".

While that idea is thought on Rat King turns to Shade VI, mask shifting slightly as his brow seems to lower in concentration.

"No, a training space is the one thing I think you don't have." he says with good humour.

Sønderjye
2017-06-02, 10:01 PM
Jade?? Shade almost blurs out. Her here? Shade VI feels compelled to take her own mask off but even if she thinks she have a good idea of who Jade is, she doesn't know the others.

Shade VI feels pleased with the direction that this were taking. They really like to use their powers and some powerful powers it were. Tracker/spy, Probability and... a shaper. A SHAPER! She has a hard time standing still just by excitement. Maybe she could change a part of her throat to some animal and change her voice through that, she would have to experiment with that later. Then an idea pops into her head.

"Wait, can your power change all of us into animal-human hybrids?" she blurs out and immediately realizes her mistake. How could she have known that he could use his power on other people. "Part of my power lets me get a rough impression of a cape's power when they uses it", she explains. "Then we could go with something animal centric, like Pack, Predators or Hunters. Or whatever" she adds with a hint of humour in her voice.

She looks at the others but have no idea who had used which powers. Sure, she knew sorta which powers were used but she had no way of who had which. The rat centric power was obvious but the rest were not.

"Do you feel better beating people up and setting fire to their stores if they don't pay up than to benefit from the drug flow that'll be there anyway?" she asks Jade.

"What about the information that the PRT have on the villains in town? I've heard rumours but it would be super helpful to know exactly what we're against", she asks Ratking

87.9% chance that Milla will support Ace's proposal if asked.
75.3% chance she won't voice her oppinion on the subject unless prompted.
96.2% Milla have never held a baton before.
73.5% that she has an ulterior motive with being here that involved all of the team and Rat King.
54% that she would be a liability if they were in a fight right now right here.
5.4% that she would punch him if he told her that to her face right now.

Am I understanding correctly the sort of things that Ace would see with his power?

Rakaydos
2017-06-03, 02:14 AM
"Wait, can your power change all of us into animal-human hybrids?" she blurs out and immediately realizes her mistake. How could she have known that he could use his power on other people. "Part of my power lets me get a rough impression of a cape's power when they uses it", she explains. "Then we could go with something animal centric, like Pack, Predators or Hunters. Or whatever" she adds with a hint of humour in her voice.

Chimera tilted his head quizzically at Shade until she explained. "Only if you want to give up all hope of a civilian identity. It's something of a 1 way transformation. It's been months since I... well. Since one of my early changes, I havnt touched it since, and it hasnt gone back to human yet. I think it might be permanant, unless I change it again." He glanced around the room. "Which brings me back to asking someone to hit the store for me."

Writtensanity
2017-06-03, 03:25 AM
"Yeah, foot down, not happening there Ace," Layne commented, "let's make sure I can trust you close to me before we let you start running around and doing your own thing. You doing your own thing is why you're on the 'wrong' side of this."

As soon as Layne had said 'wrong' she realized it was probably the wrong thing to say. She was with villains, and by God did she have a thing or two to say to them, but she was also supposed to be one of the proper PRT holds in the group. If everyone saw her as a annoyance or felt that she was pressing too much they just stop listenig to reason and go about doing what... whatever the villains tended to do. Villainy.

"We can do the drugs," Layne said, "just gonna opt out of being the person handing them out on the street. I can throw gravity around and knock people off our product, but I'm at least kinda against helping people ruin their lives."

Once Layne had established that she was at least done aruging with everyone she piped up in a way that might have at least been helpful, "I can swing by the store, I need training clothes anyway, my good stuff in back in LA. If anyone wants to join me for exersize I'm up at 6."

ThreadNecro5
2017-06-03, 02:48 PM
"What about the information that the PRT have on the villains in town? I've heard rumours but it would be super helpful to know exactly what we're against"

"That will be on the computer. Down the stairs, Far end of the basement. Feel free to go take a look while I talk with the others up here." replies Rat King pointing the right way. "Paper copies are also provided if needed and Singularity should also update as needed".

Sønderjye
2017-06-04, 01:38 AM
After

That did put a downer on it. While she wasn't too concerned about her civilian identity she didn't really want to look like a mutant if she could avoid it and the others probably wanted to keep their civilian identity.

"Thanks, I'll check it out later". She responds to Rat King.

Milla takes another swing with the baton and then returns to the topic at hand: "So how do you want to go about the whole drug thing?"

12.3% that Milla will hit herself.
Up 0.4% from the last swing but down 10% from the first swing she took.

Looking into the PRT files

Milla scrolled over the list. So many parahumans in the town. And so many awesome and terrifying powers. She had been wanting to keep her powers hidden but with the ammount of tinker or trump-copying powers that would be a challenge to say the least.

One idea that stuck in her head was that she would be exposing herself to Bloody Mary's power if she said her name out loud, which could both be good or bad.

Another was that Face probably could solve the permanent problem with Chimera's problem. She took to the internet and tried to figure out how much a plastic surgeon session was with him and how long it normally lasted. Ideally she would book something that would take a full half hour.

n0ble
2017-06-04, 11:05 AM
One eye swivelled to fix on the man speaking up about going it alone. Having a stranger shadow her seemed like a terrible idea. Besides, when she was in the suit Claire was never alone. Not really. "No. Assembled as team, work as a team." It would also ensure that they were accountable as a whole. Easier to escape if this entire operation turned out to be a sting operation. Command structures were in place for a reason. Maybe if she trusted any of these people. But Claire most certainly did not.

Otherwise the suit stood still, impassively moving an eye to anyone that spoke. "I will handle administration and distribution of drugs. Anyone who has qualms about trafficking it does not have to be involved outside of sharing profits." It'd be the smart thing to do, even ignoring peoples reservations about "ruining people's lives" Claire could understand it. Would be very easy to arrest us all once we're done with the Tarot. Will have to consider countermeasures.
"We can improve the standards of addicts lives while they are using. Safe use zones. Clean needles. Cots to sleep on. Better product."

3.5% of Larva being keen to Ace going off on his own.

3SecondCultist
2017-06-04, 03:02 PM
"Aright, aright, aright," Ace drawls in imitation of a certain actor, "I can see my proposal's not amenable to you lot. That's fair, there's some drawbacks there. To clarify, I was only intendin' to act as a backup, a safety in case things go FUBAR on all of you. But I got no issue in being in the thick of things. That way you all get to see me in action, eh?" He winks at Claire... before realizing that he's still wearing his goggles.

"Anyway, I'm good with whatever. Don't expect me to get too involved in the big scale planning, but you got an op you need covered? I'm your guy."

Meanwhile, the precog's calculations continue to collate data. It doesn't look like he would have had much of a shot regardless. Truth be told, he's looking forward to seeing some of these others up close and in action. Oh well. Maybe I can build up some trust and request it again later.

Rakaydos
2017-06-04, 04:01 PM
Once Layne had established that she was at least done aruging with everyone she piped up in a way that might have at least been helpful, "I can swing by the store, I need training clothes anyway, my good stuff in back in LA. If anyone wants to join me for exersize I'm up at 6."

"Sporting goods store, ask if they've got an Ambush .300 Blackout. It's a deer rifle, should be around 1.3 grand. Ask for advice on the ammo- you probably dont know the difference between 200 grain sound suppressd rounds and 120 grain supersonics."

ThreadNecro5
2017-06-04, 05:04 PM
Looking into the PRT files:
Face as one would imagine is easy to find. He, or as you discover she, Has a website that contains all the appropriate details, containing the information to arrange appointments by phone or E-mail.

The site lists Face's available times and dates, notably saying she will be visiting India for a week mid way through next month. On this page is also a link to her travel blog.

Next up is a page listing exactly what Face's power can and can not do and the specifics of an appointment. As it so happens it is limited in that it only copies parts of the appearance of other people Face has seen instead of creating new features wholesale, but with the number of people Face has seen she still can achieve the same effect. Face is also limited in that she cannot regrow missing body parts, although damaged ones are fair game. Beyond this is only a few minor details, cannot add or remove tattoos, piercings are to be removed, Case 53 mutations and deformities cannot be removed, or added, that sort of thing. As far as how long it takes, the average appointment is between thirty minutes and an hour long.

After this is a page that serves as a 'catalogue' of sorts for some features available. This is followed by a breakdown of pricing. Prices vary depending on exactly what is desired, generally costing a little more than the usual for most plastic surgery of it's type. Most useful for you however is the 'test' appointments available for ten dollars where you can observe Faces power in action and see how your desired changes would look on yourself, or rather a model temporarily made to look like yourself. A customer can pay extra to 'try on' the changes should they wish.

Overall an appointment takes around 2-5 working days to book.

Any capes you want me to write out the PRT files for?

Sønderjye
2017-06-04, 06:07 PM
After

"I meant how do you want to go around making the dealers ours? Specifically." Milla felt uncomfortable injecting her voice and asking and it took her some time to built up the courage to speak up. Hiding behind her mask and under a pseudonym also helped.

"One more thing, Rat King. I'm guessing that it was you who left the letter. Did you tell the PRT my civilian identity or did you only leave a letter?"

84.2% that Milla is feeling anxious and will flee from the room if anyone says something that she interprets as hostile.
73.2% that Milla's last question was part of a plan that involved Ace.

Shade VI looks at the screen in disbelief. He had a a 10 buck tryout appointment. For real? She couldn't believe her luck. She makes a mental note to visit the office and turn her focus back on the computer and opens up the PRT file on Spotter, Fortress and Bloody Mary.

Dienekes
2017-06-04, 10:36 PM
"I will handle administration and distribution of drugs. Anyone who has qualms about trafficking it does not have to be involved outside of sharing profits."

"I'll help you with that, if you want. I have a few contacts I can hit up to see if they have anything coming in. Get us on our feet until we get our own constant supplier and everything. I expect we'll want a fairly simple operation. Just enough of a chunk to make it look like we're honest criminals and no one looks too surprised by what money we spend. But not large enough that we get people coming at us for our territory." He paused for a second and started to rub his chin, only to remember he was wearing his mask, making that fairly difficult.

"We'll need some runners, spotters, and slingers. See which corners are currently open territory. If we do this right, none of the more... eh, righteous, members of our little group will never even see the drugs."

GameOfChampions
2017-06-05, 01:08 AM
She nods to Argus "I wouldn't have any problems with patrolling territory and working with some watchers or whatnot to make sure we're secure. I could definitely get behind that and I would be willing to break into other areas of 'business' or whatnot. Of course I'm willing to join into any fights or whatever with Parahumans, that's what we're here for after all."

She looks around to everyone, including Rat King. "I was thinking that we could try and send a group to meet with one of the Lobos enemies and try to make an accord of some sort to take down Lobos, and hopefully that would evolve into a full on alliance. Some of us could go and try to set this up as the others go and take the drug ring, use the taking of the drug ring as evidence we're willing to hold up our end of the deal to take down Lobos as well as our capability to do so. We'd keep it simple; split the Lobos territory 50/50, keep whatever material wealth we take and evenly split what the groups take together. I'd like to go myself, I'm decent in a fight but I'm not a game changer and it doesn't seem like this drug ring thing will take a lot of muscle and I'm not super into the drug thing anyway."

The small women gives a slight shrug and looks at Layne " Also if you don't mind the company I'll join you on the store run. I could use a few things, everything I own is in my backpack right now."

ThreadNecro5
2017-06-05, 03:39 PM
"Some letters were on me, others were sent out by Singularity." replies Rat king to Shade VI. "And no, if your identity was not known by the PRT before, it is not known now".

Next up he addresses Aspect's idea.

"An alliance might work. You have anyone in mind? I should note that even everything going according to plan means you might create a whole new enemy if your not cereful".

GameOfChampions
2017-06-05, 06:59 PM
"Well you mentioned that Legion had been getting into fights with them so maybe we could start there? They might be more game to team up and finish them off."

She looks at Rat King questionably "Do you think you could come with us to introduce us and stuff? It would probably help a lot."

Sønderjye
2017-06-05, 08:02 PM
Shade listens to what Argus says but have a hard time following what he's talking about so she doesn't comment.

She nods at Jade's proposal and adds: "Good idea". She was all for meeting capes under non-hostile occations.

ThreadNecro5
2017-06-06, 05:45 PM
Finding Spotter first, it becomes apparent this Singularity did a little work to hide a few details on the heroes, as some details are censored. The details on his power however are untouched thankfully.

Identity: Spotter Name: CLASSIFIED Surname: CLASSIFIED Age: 16
Sex: Male Height: 5ft 4in Ethnicity: Caucasian First Appearance: 12/4/2005

Power:
Thinker 1
Spotter has demonstrated Intuitive understanding of the powers possessed by other parahumans within visual range. The accuracy of this ability is high, having with training proven capable of detecting the basic capacities of any sighted parahuman (in use this amounts to detecting the 1-2 ratings the target parahuman demonstrates, e.g. Mover or Brute) with 80% accuracy.

With an extended period of observation Spotter can gain deeper details on a single specific parahuman at a time. Current testing proves this takes between 30 seconds and 5 minutes, varying based on how clear a view Spotter has on the target, as does movement, and how obscuring the costume of the target parahuman is. Current evidence suggests those with observable areas of bare skin will give the quickest results. On average this takes three minutes. This additional information can gather specific details of the target parahuman’s powers, including but not limited to, the approximate strength of a Brute, the mechanism by which a Mover power functions, What a Breaker becomes capable of doing, and so on.

After several encounters Spotter has demonstrated the capacity to recognize specific parahumans by sight, not needed to judge by their costume or power.

Master Projections and Tinkertech are unaffected by Spotters power. After extended periods of use his eyes become bloodshot and painful. Further use leads to mild eyestrain and bleeding.

Additionally in Spotter’s vision Parahumans themselves are illuminated, mitigating the effects of mundane concealment. By their own description Spotter has described the illumination as comparable to an aurora, showing a greater variety in colour, that wraps and flows around the parahuman in question. In some cases this illumination has been shown take on specific appearances seemingly associated with the power in question. Confirmed examples include Mirrage, Freezerburn, High Priestess, and all encountered Case 53’s. Hypotheses why are varied but include some form of limited precognition or an indicator of powers with which a biological factor is at play.

Threat Rating: Thinker 1
Recommend response Procedures:
In the event Spotter is to Fight against the Protectorate or becomes effected by a Master power, he can be contained by the application of containment foam, as per standard procedure.

Other Notes:
While on patrol Spotter is provided with a Tinkertech dartgun, provided and maintained by Germ. While of little lethal ability the darts it fires are prepared with a virus that relaxes the muscles around the point of impact.

To mitigate the side effects of his power Spotter is provided with aesthetic eye drops.

Appearance:
CLASSIFIED

Costume:
Spotter wears a black and silver bodysuit with additional padded armour over the chest, shoulders and thighs. This is supported by a green and red design, themed after a dartboard. A Dartboard insignia is over his chest. Spotter’s whole head is covered by a silver helmet, encircled around the eyes by a red visor.

Next up is Fortress. Who is overall lacking in some details, as one would expect for a villain.

Identity: Fortress Name: N/A Surname: N/A Age: 20-25 (presumed)
Sex: Male Height: 6ft 7in Ethnicity: N/A(Case 53) First Appearance: 5/1/2006

Power:
Shaker/Master 8
Fortress must affix himself to a static location which must be almost entirely encircled by physical barriers. Most commonly a building is used but other structures such as vehicles are also rarely seen. Once affixed to an area, at which time it appears Fortress looses his limbs and spreads fleshy ‘roots’ it takes several minutes for him to assume control of a structure, with no known maximum size. According to observations by Spotter Fortress is helpless at this stage.

Once control is achieved, a stage which is initially invisible, he can freely convert the location into a material with proprieties between that of its normal self and organic matter, while being a little tougher than either. This materials is treated as both living and inorganic by manton effect limitations, and thus prevents the use of powers limited by both. Once converted material may freely move, part itself, warp, flex, redistribute it’s mass to stretch or contract, and form biological structures such as sense organs, tentacles, bone and claws, and any other. At this time Fortress himself can pull the location he himself attached to in order to transport himself, most commonly to the hardest to access part of the area.

Over time the controlled area can be made to produce more material of any that is abundant in the surrounding area, slowly growing it and giving more material for Fortress to manipulate.

Even after Fortress has disconnected from an area it demonstrates some amount of residual intelligence, and shows hostility to all creatures Fortress considers an enemy for several hours, even after which the now once again inorganic structure remains as it was when it stopped moving. Smaller controlled structures can demonstrate sufficiently workable material to fashion crude legs which can allow it to move under its own power.

Threat Rating: Shaker/Master 8
Should Fortress be encountered on foot and not using his power he is to be rendered unconscious using tranquilizers. Containment foam is not to be used and it can be controlled.

If found attached to a specific immobile structure, the perimeter is to be encircled while any parahumans are to focus on damaging the structure Fortress resides within or to find his physical location and render him unconscious. Once the area is safe Fortes is to be removed from whatever material he is boned to. PRT personal are cleared to deliver whatever body her necessary to do so.

In thee vent Fortress is controlling a mobile structure, or any are encountered, then he is to be slowed with containment foam, which which able to be manipulated by Fortress can still resent a short-lived problem. Once his mobility is minimized he is to be dealt with as per the above.

Other Notes:
Post-arrest Fortress is to be equipped with the shock collar developed by Singularity that activates upon use of his power.

Appearance:
Fortress is essentially a giant heart, almost as wide as he is tall and composed of dozens of chambers and arterial tendrils which extend during the use of his power and are otherwise vestigial, regrowing in hours. Each chamber of his body beats out of turn, giving the whole thing an ever-twitching unsteadiness.

Costume:
As a Case 53 Fortress wears no costume. Typically he is encountered barefoot and shirtless, only wearing a pair of pants.

Finally you find Bloody Mary's file. It becomes clear the PRT have little experience with this individual, but thankfully they have scraped a good understanding of her power together.

Identity: Bloody Mary Name: N/A Surname: N/A Age: N/A
Sex: Female Height: 5ft 1in (presumed) Ethnicity: N/A First Appearance: 15/5/2001

Power:
Thinker 9
Whenever someone specificity refers to Bloody Mary,either by name, nickname, or when mentioning them specificity while deliberately avoiding their name, she knows. It is assumed this also applies to her civilian identity. Mary also knows the exact name, distance, and direction towards, the speaker and all those nearby (maximum distance is unknown).

She may move her perceptions to the point of the speaker. According to consulted Thinkers her perceptions generally begin a foot above the original speaker. Bloody Mary may communicate using conventional sound and appears to experience the full sensory information available from the surrounding area. It is assumed she can mentally ‘fly’ around at this time.

Additionally when viewing the area mentally she can manifest a pair of spectral limbs to manipulate objects around the area as per any other limb. These limbs must manifest within several foot of the other and are as vulnerable to harm, having no known defensive abilities.

Mover 5
Bloody Mary can transport their physical body to any location within sight when their senses are separated from their body. They do not appear to have any capacity to teleport at other times, doing my the limited interaction that has been had.

Master/Stranger 5
When viewing an area using her thinker power, Bloody Mary can possess the bodies of unpowered individuals. The exact mechanism behind this but it appears to be limited to single targets, who may or may not have full sensory awareness at this time, and it takes only time to transfer from person to person. Unconfirmed sightings suggest that possess requires contact with Mary’s phantom limbs’.
Threat Rating: Thinker 9, Mover 5, Master/Stranger 5

Before encounters all parahumans and PRT employees are to be briefed through reading a copy of this document. Any encounter with Bloody Mary is to be met with immediate use of Mater/Strange protocols. There are no exemptions to this rule.

Should Mary or a controlled civilian be encountered personally they are to be sprayed with containment foam and the area is to be quarantined. Controlled Civilians or PRT personal are only to be freed after they can present proof of idenitity, including full name, stating date and place of birth, and the listing of what schools they went to.

Other Notes:
Any accidental calling of Bloody Mary by PRT staff is to be met with immediate quarantine of the area and hiding of important documents. The responsible person or persons for saying her name will face immediate reprimand.

Appearance:
In what few encounters have been observed, Bloody Mary is a thin woman of slight build. Her hair is worn long and is bleached white More details are concealed by her costume.

Costume:
Bloody Mary wears what can best be described as a red and black Victorian ballroom gown but smaller and with concessions towards practicality. Over her face is what looks like a black veil that does not appear to hinder her vision.

Upstairs:
"Can do." replies Rat King as he nods toward Aspect. "Contacting them is easy enough. I can see three Fractals about the city already even. Will I go arrange it now? Assuming they have nothing planned I can be back in fifteen minutes. Or do you want to get those of you going after the meth lap stated first"?

Writtensanity
2017-06-07, 03:50 AM
Upstairs:

"Going after the drug dealers might be a little crazy if we're trying to set up an alliance. If one person from Legion is there we might piss them off before we've even had a chance at conversation."

Layne snapped her finger as she realized something.

"Should we be approaching them as a group? Announcing ourselves as a new group of villains in the city might be bad. One or two people might be better seeing as it's a lot less threatening than 6."

Shopping Trip

Layne looked down at the shopping list that the team had given her. It was eclectic is nothing else. Backpacks, clothes, hunting rifles, pieces of shore up costumes. It wasn't just a little trip down to the store like she'd expected. Now she was out of costume in the middle of the South Park Mall, which wouldn't have been strange if it weren't for the company. Layne was used to going out with a team, just not one like this.

"Do you think we'll need a license for the rifle?" Layne asked as she frowned at the extremely specific information that chimera had left her about the ammunition. "Or do they just give that sort of thing out in Texas?"

As was mentioned in the OOC Jade is with Layne for this shopping trip. If anyone else wants to jump in on it do it before I make the next post.
I kept it vauge for a reason.

Also, if you want something from the store just let me know and I'll act like it's always been on the list.

ThreadNecro5
2017-06-07, 03:09 PM
"Don't worry, Legion members wont be at the lab. Well, not unless they planned to attack it themselves anyway." replies Rat King, the second sentence spoken more as an aside than a serious point of consideration.

"I only meant that I could see some Fractals, not that any of him are attending the meet-up at the lab, or even especially close." At this time he crouches to pick up another of the vermin that have been trickling in "Sorry, sometimes I forget that most people have comparatively limited range to their sight. I can see from my rats, and have no range limit in my experience. So I see far farther than my immediate surroundings".

"Anyway, back to business, My recommendation is that one or two can go to the meeting while the others hit the meth lab. As I said it's a golden opportunity to snap it up".

Sønderjye
2017-06-07, 03:41 PM

Milla opens her eyes wide at spotter's description. That was more impression that she had been expecting from a Spotter 1. And she needed to be sure that she doesn't get get spotted by Spotter, ever. She had heard about how eager the PRT were about bringing tinkers in and she were sure they would be using the same techniques to preassure her to join them.

After reading up on the PRT definitions of capes the classification made more sense. The number was just about how difficult it was for the PRT to deal with a cape, not about how useful a particular ability was.

Getting his ability would be incredible but if she were to do it she would need to find a way to get to him while he was asleep.. Or find a cape that could tinker with memory.

Fortress was disappointing really. Not that the power weren't extraordinary, just that she had hoped that his power had been more discrete and that she could have used it to spy on other capes.

Bloody Mary was as anticipated. It could really work out if she called her name out 6 times in spaced intervals but she would need to make precautions to work around the fact that she could show up and strangle Milla.

Upstairs

"I am going, my powers are of way more use in a setting with capes than one with a bunch of mundanes and I don't think I would be convieved as threatening which might mean that one more person could go?"

When Rat King finally is about to leave , Milla extends her hand and says: "Thank you a lot for helping us out."

More research on PRT

While the group goes for shopping Milla looks into what the PRT have on the Legion wanting to be as prepared.

I'll also ask for the file of Face as some point so if you have extra time, might as well put it in now. If you don't have it I'd be more excited about just getting the info on Legion and move forward with that.

GameOfChampions
2017-06-07, 05:31 PM
Upstairs

"Well that sounds great then. You said it would take 15 minutes? You quickly do that and we'll do that quick shop for some gear then meet back up and finish up the planning for the drug raid? Then when the rest of us go off to do the attack you lead me and maybe another person to the meeting? Unless..."

She looks around at the others questionably.

Shopping Trip

Jade looks up from the pair of work out shorts she was looking at and shrugs "I'm not sure, I've never bought a gun before but I mean I don't think so?"

She holds up the shorts along with a few other items "Well I've got everything I need. It's nice being able go shopping, I haven't gone shopping like this in a few months."

She glances at the other women and struggles for something to say "Sooooooo... what were you doing before this? What side of the cape life were you on?"

Writtensanity
2017-06-07, 07:31 PM
Shopping

"Before this?" Layne asked, "never really been on a side, I ran S&R during some bigger disasters but nothing major. Mostly just kept playing soccer, ya know?" Maybe she didn't know, but that wasn't Layne's issue. "I still had my life, just a little disjointed by uh-" Layne stopped the conversation as someone walked close, "the trigger thing."

Dienekes
2017-06-07, 07:51 PM
"Of the options, I'd prefer to attend the meeting with Jade. My powers are not the most physical, and I feel I could be more use at the negotiating table in general. Though, I can still take part in the planning phase of the drug raid."

Rakaydos
2017-06-08, 12:17 AM
Chimera was distracted by the tedius, multi-transformation effort to get his hand back to something resenbling a human's, by stacking partial transformation of partial transformation to get a shape not found in nature. As difficult as it was, though, it seemed to be getting easier with practce, at least for this one form.

"Er, I guess I'm up for the drug raid..." he added.

ThreadNecro5
2017-06-08, 06:20 PM
Finding the area of the files dedicated toward Legion you open the files.

Overall, looking into the files for the group in general, rather than specific members you see that their efforts are focus on the area almost parallel to your own, more towards the southern end of the downtown area, with a few more 'patches' scattered around. apparently having a duplicator gives a group some unusual options on what they can hold.

Overall they are somewhat new but two of their members were formally from another gang, haven broken to go on their own for unknown reasons. They also appear to engage in the same types of crime, using outside connections to bring in assorted illegal goods. Primarily arms dealing and surprisingly little work in the drugs trade. They also strike seemingly random targets for unknown reasons. The PRT believe this related to whatever outside contacts they possess. Some have suggested some connection to the Elite but this is considered unlikely, thanks to what happened the last time they attempted to gain power in the city.

The primary Legion territory in centred in an industrial area, spilling out to cover residential areas and office buildings.

Identity: Hurricane Name: CLASSIFIED Surname: CLASSIFIED Age: 25-30 (presumed)
Sex: Female Height: 5ft 6in Ethnicity/b]: Hispanic [b]First Appearance: 25/4/2000

Power:
Changer/Mover 3
Hurricane can convert her her body into a rotating column of air that shares many similarities to a tornado. Hurricane had demonstrated control of her direction in this form and had shown speed of up to 48.28 kilometers per hour. The tornado is approximately four foot wide and grows and shrinks in height to fill the area, to a maximum height of 115 foot. This form can be maintained for approximately ten minutes per use, with an unknown recharge time.

During the initial transformation Hurricane can also take any surrounding humans with them, converting them to wind that forms part of the tornado. All effected individuals retain consciousness, extend their senses from any and all points of the tornado, and are functionally immune to harm while part of the tornado. Additionally all such individuals, including Hurricane herself, can fire themselves in any direction at high speed. Initially they are still made of air but solidify as they travel, and are able to be physically contacted at the halfway point of their travel. All harm resulting from their impact with a solid surface is negated and renders them filly corporal.

During this power’s use Hurricane sill shows some degree of a physical body, consisting of everything from the waist up. This body is indistinct and is composed of high-pressure air. A solid hit to this body will typically remove it from the tornado, causing Hurricane to return to her normal state. If not present within the tornado it immediately dissipates, leaving all passengers at its base.

Shaker 3
Any being within the tornado can fire themselves to cause a shockwave at their landing point.

Hurricane’s Shaker capacity is twofold. First is the tornado directly which while weak, measuring only Ef0 is still on the higher end of that scale. Secondarily any person who fires themselves from the tornado lands with a localized wave of kinetic force. The exact measurements of this wave not known but is sufficient to destroy fragile objects and toss people around.

Threat Rating: Changer/Mover 3, Shaker 3
The priority when encountered is to evacuate civilians. PRT responders are to maintain a wide perimeter and deal with other threats while Hurricane is in her Changer state. Eye contact is to be maintained at all times. Once in their normal state Hurricane is to fired upon with containment foam until a stable layer surrounds her. This will reduce the potential size of her tornado should she transform, nullifying any threat presented.

Other Notes:
Post-arrest Hurricane is to be housed within a cell cleared for housing Brutes.

Appearance:
Hurricane is of average build, and appears to be in a state of good fitness. Her hair is worn long, and in costume is typically worn in a braid.

Costume:
Hurricane wears a gray and blue bodysuit with additional armored plates worn over her vitals and upper limbs. Over this is a custom holster that usually holds a pistol and a pair of combat knives.

Identity: Fractal Name: N/A Surname: N/A Age: 40-45 (presumed)
Sex: Male Height: 5ft 5in Ethnicity: N/A First Appearance: 5/1/1965

Power:
Master 8
Fractal presents the ability to duplicate himself whenever he receives a sufficiency strong hit that does not kill him, causing him to divide into two copies (meaning each division results in once additional fractal). Of thease duplicate ones resents a higher Brute rating, as detailed below. Each duplicate can continue to divide, with each stronger one needing more force to do so. No one copy is the parahuman’s true body and all share a mind.

Each duplicate contains a copy of all items and clothing held by the original other than complex and large items.

Should a duplicate die all duplicates that originated from that ones ‘partner’s’ duplication immediately die. This in turn kills all duplicates that trace back to that branch. Should the oldest existing fractal die a single one at random survives, and is set at the default Brute rating Fractal can demonstrate.

Brute 2-8
Fractal has slightly enhanced strength and durability, at around or slightly less than peak strength for a normal person and an enhanced durability believed to be achieved by a sub-dermal forcefield. This is supported by the feature that any hit that caused Fractal to duplicate has any harm nullified. Each time he duplicates of the duplicates has it’s overall strength and durability increased by 50%. each time this stronger duplicate itself duplicates one of those duplicates also has it’s overall strength and durability increased by 50%, but also requires more force to divide in the first place. This can continue infinitely as long as something can trigger division.

Threat Rating: Master 8, Brute 2-8
PRT personal are cleared for use of live ammunition whenever more than once instance of Fractal is present. Only once instance of Fractal is to be arrested. Containment foam is usaly effect on any instance of Fractal.

Other Notes:
To deal with logistical issues, additional vans are cleared for request on demand in the event of the capture of several Fractals.

Fractal has demonstrated proficiency in melee combat, and appears to know several forms of martial arts.

Appearance:
Fractal is a thin man, even for his height. His costume prevents other details from sight.

Costume:
Fractal’s costume is a complex affair presumed to be crafted from Tinkertech fiber. It is composed of alternating black and white diamond shapes, each composed of iridescent fabric that changes from white and black. He lack noticeable eye holes or other openings or seams.

Identity: Roid Name: N/A Surname: N/A Age: 18-20 (presumed)
Sex: Male Height: 5ft 6in Ethnicity: Asian First Appearance: 11/3/2007

Power:
Shaker 3
While Primarily a Trump, Roid’s power alters the capacities of other parahumans, rendering them able to greatly extend the legnth of a fight and making other standard tactics less effective.

Trump 4
Roid has the ability to empower other parahumans. One that his been so empowered gains a glowing energy field around them that functions a forcefield guarding from all forms of direct injury and dulls pain. Effected parahumans can instead benefit from a regenerative ability that heals almost all tissue damage and restores lost blood, but only closes more serious wounds like missing limbs or open body cavities.

Roid has little control over who this power targets, and any that he sees appear to be affected. Parahumans effected by this ability must remain close to Roid to retain the benefits of this power, although the exact distance has not been recorded..

Threat Rating: Shaker 3, Trump 4
Roid is considered a priority target, and to be targeted after any Thinkers are dealt with. He lacks any enhanced physical ability himself and so can be responded towards as any of baseline human ability.

Other Notes:
In the event of allied parahumans, it is recommended to exploit Roid’s power if at all possible, ideally isolating him from any allies and restraining for easy arrest at the end of the engagement.

Beyond his power Roid makes use of a firearm, whose exact variety varies, and an electrified Tinkertech blade capable of stunning those stuck.

Appearance:
Roid apears rather heavyset, although his amour makes it unclear weather this is actuality him.

Costume:
Roid wears body amour similar to a heavier version of that worn by PRT personal, in white and bronze. His face is covered by a full helmet, styled like that of a spartan and featuring a full face mask.

Looking a little farther you find details of Face.
Identity: Face Name: CLASSIFIED Surname: CLASSIFIED Age: 27
Sex: Female (can change at will) Height: Variable Ethnicity/b]: Variable [b]First Appearance: 2/3/1999

Power:
Changer/Striker/Stranger 2
Face is a shapeshift, able to completely change her features to copy those of any person she has seen over a fraction of a second. Face can extend her power to others with a touch, functioning as just as they do for her.

This ability is limited in that it cannot grow new body parts wholesale, meaning she cannot heal missing limbs and digits, but can change damage ones into functional versions. In terms of general healing she only shows effective results on small wounds on the skin, closing papercuts and healing scars. Once medical application her power has shown is that it can switch a damaged version of an organ with a functional one, curing liver failure, solving heart issues, and curing blindness.

Face is limited to copying aspects of other, not crafting new features wholesale. To compensate for this she can mix-and-match parts of others, down to individual inches of cartilage, degrees of skin pigmentation, or areas of underlying bone structure, and then work tum into a cohesive whole.

With a touch Face gains a complete understanding of each individual part of the touched person’s body, allowing her to replicate those features in others.

Thinker 1
Face inherently understands everything about all aspects of someone’s body whom she can physicality see and mentally ‘banks’ these for use with her power, functioning similarly to the Striker aspect of it. As an effect of this she s a perfect memory for people’s faces.

Threat Rating: Changer/Striker/Stranger 2, Thinker 1
In the event Face becomes hostile or Mastered she can be contained using containment foam. If visual is lost Master/Stranger protocols come into effect.

At all times communicate her current appearance to other PRT staff..

Other Notes:
None.

Appearance:
As she is a shapeshifter, Face proves highly variable and so no real consistent appearance is used, apart from one she uses as her default.

Costume:
None.

While browsing you notice a blinking icon notifying you that there is a message present, probably the one Singularity mentioned for confirmation for your arrival.

Upstairs:
Rat King nods towards Aspect after nobody seems to complain. "I will get that done".

When Rat King finally is about to leave , Milla extends her hand and says: "Thank you a lot for helping us out."

Rat King returns the handshake. "It's what I am here for".

He leaves via the kitchen, turning to speak just before getting out of sight.

"I should warn the squeamish among you I will be using my Changer power to get around faster. I figured out how to use it as a pseudo-teleportation ability. In short there are about to be lots of rats in here." he laughs a little, all in good humour. "No chance of disease mind you, and any stragglers will disperse in a little time though the pipe beside the building".

And with that he basically explodes into vermin.

A tide of rats. Flung in low arks in all directions, but thankfully mostly towards the door. Almost a thousand of the things were one to count.

And so the Rat King went to arrange the meeting...

Sønderjye
2017-06-08, 08:34 PM
Upstairs

A sly smile spreads behind Shade VI's mask. She did it. Her first intentional fraction! Even in the midst of the satisfaction a doubt plagued her. In the back of her head she knew that it wouldn't keep being this easy. Eventually people would figure out her power and then nobody would want to touch her.

Milla jerks backward when a Rat hits her face. She brushes it off manically but calms down when the rats seems to move away. 'I guess I could have saved myself the handshake' she comments drily.

Fractals power was nuts. NUTS. No cap at all on the brute level as long as he could find someone to hit him hard enough. Milla is unable to stop a little drolling to appear as her mind explores the fantasy of having such a power.

Roid were also very powerful but less exciting with Hurricane being the least exciting of the three. Even so a solid group. Actually Roid might be exciting but it would depend on how it interacted with other multiplier powers. How would a Roid+Fractal combination work?

The file on Fact still left her with doubt. Could Face return people to normal after being affected by Chimera? The file seemed to suggest it if the limbs were close enough to humans but maybe not. The question was really whether it was a straight manton effect or if it was just because most case 53 were so completely removed from human bodies.

Milla considers not opening the file but her curiosity overpowers her and she clicks on the blinking icon.

Briefing the gang

After Shade Vi is done with the stuff downstairs she walks up and tries to find the members of the group.
If she finds them she will share what she learned and ask them the important question: "We aren't well known and we haven't established a reputation yet. How do we sell ourselves? They don't know us so why would they accept an alliance?"

Initially I thought that I would address this to Argus and Chimera but with Milla spending time in the basement, Horizon-E and Aspect might have returned. I'll leave it up to you.

Rakaydos
2017-06-09, 02:00 AM
Chimera shrugged. "Someone mentioned earlier the possibility of using my power to make us all beastmen, as a gimmick, but we really should see if Face works on my power before we do anything so dramatic. And make sure Face knows what your faces look like BEFORE I start messing with them."

ThreadNecro5
2017-06-09, 02:12 PM
The message is indeed the one Singularity mentioned. It would likely be best if it the part of the message labelled 'Confirm Arrival' is clicked.

Another point on the message is, beyond a run-down on all the supplies and tech that came with the building, once the message is replied to it will activate a number of robotic drones that preform tinkertech maintenance and cleaning duties. Their active times and allocated areas can be controlled at the computer.

After the message is responded to the computer pops up with a message asking if you want it to show the features built in to assist with your mission.

GameOfChampions
2017-06-09, 04:14 PM
Shopping

Jade looks over at Layne interested "Huh. No offense I guess I woulda pegged you as a hero... if that offensive? I dunno I guess if you were a major villain maybe?" She trails off muttering to herself before perking back up "Ya the trigger event itself changed some stuff for me but it was more the catalyst after a whole bunch of other stuff that happened before... so were you any good at Soccer? If you played for a college team you must have been pretty good."

Briefing the Gang

Jade looks at Shade and plays with her braid as she thinks "I don't think we sell ourselves, as of right now we're worthless. We haven't done anything of note yet. We sell them on the thing that has been cementing alliances for thousands of years. Mutual gain. We offer them the chance to gain something out of this deal other then an alliance with us. Like I said we'd keep it simple; split the Lobos territory 50/50, each group keep whatever material wealth they take and evenly split whatever our groups take while doing any joint attacks. Or something along those lines at least. The deal doesn't have to close instantly either, set it up and then close in a day or two after they hear about how we also took their drug operation so they know we can actually be a capable partner in this."

Sønderjye
2017-06-12, 10:06 AM
Chimera shrugged. "Someone mentioned earlier the possibility of using my power to make us all beastmen, as a gimmick, but we really should see if Face works on my power before we do anything so dramatic. And make sure Face knows what your faces look like BEFORE I start messing with them."

Milla takes her time gathering courage to speak up. The group as a whole was intimidating but Chimera in particular. "I guess it's time for power reveal. Part of my power works similar to Fool so if we pay Face for a surgery on me I can test his power without revealing our connection. He might not be willing to risk his rogue status by helping a villain group."

"Also, can your power affect animals?", She adds

I wasn't sure which scene this one was intended to be in.

Milla doesn't confirm their arrival or respond to the message. Instead she marks the message as unread, thinking that someone later probably will make that decision.

Briefing the gang

Shade VI nods at Jade's comments. It sounded good even if she wasn't sure she liked gambling on something like that.

Writtensanity
2017-06-12, 10:38 AM
Shopping

"Kinda take that as a compliment," Layne pointed out, "I was on standby for years. You haven't seen me in action yet but-" Once again someone walked by the pair and Layne waited for them to clear, "but it's not exactly an indoor power."

Layne and Jade had finally made their way to the wall of guns and she started checking the note to try and figure out if the right one was even there. She'd seen guns during her time with the PRT, but she'd never needed one, or even held one. It was just one of those things that she hadn't wanted to do? Plus, at this point her hands were literally more powerful than guns, so, ya know.

"Uh yeah. I was pretty good at Soccer back in the day," she answered. "Depends on who you ask, I think I was pretty good, but that's because I was beside Brooke and she's a monster. Like, she shouldn't have been going to our school, other places wanted her but she came because of her sister."

'A whole other bunch of stuff' sounded like it needed an explanation, but at the same time, Layne didn't know Jade well enough to go diving into her past. "I get that," was all that Layne offered in response.

Briefing;

"Mutal gain should work. We offer them a chance to work with us for Los Lobos territory, or fight us for it. One of those is a way better option."

Rakaydos
2017-06-12, 06:57 PM
Milla takes her time gathering courage to speak up. The group as a whole was intimidating but Chimera in particular. "I guess it's time for power reveal. Part of my power works similar to Fool so if we pay Face for a surgery on me I can test his power without revealing our connection. He might not be willing to risk his rogue status by helping a villain group."

"Also, can your power affect animals?", She adds

Briefing the gang

Shade VI nods at Jade's comments. It sounded good even if she wasn't sure she liked gambling on something like that.

Briefing the gang:

Chimera shrugged. "Havnt gotten close enough to try. On others, though, it doesnt come with an understanding, though,"Havnt gotten close enough to try. On people, it doesnt come with an understanding, so even if it does work, we ough be careful what we give the dumb beasts. And if you do want changes from me, you'll need a bit of practice to get used to them."

ThreadNecro5
2017-06-13, 02:18 PM
Rat King's Return:
It is indeed about fifteen minutes until Rat King's return, announced by a knock at the door.

Once let in it can be seen he is holding some folded paper as he makes his way to the sitting room. "Everything is set up. Meeting is happening in my territory to make sure nobody an pull some trick".

Next up he holds out the paper. "This is a map to the lab, it leads through the sewers to a gathering point for the cities homeless before reaching the lab. My people won't bother you, they know if you're in the sewers it's because I let you. Figured one would be useful seeing as I will be attending the meeting. Everybody prepared to go? I can answer any questions on the way.

Meth Lab Takeover:
You all stand hidden across the street from the building. The Lab is built in a bungalow, probably in the basement. Some low music can be heard from the open door and three cars are parked out in front, the only living things currently visible are the pair of dogs chained up in the yard and the big guy visible from the doorway, likely on watch. Even as you watch another car pulls up and a man in Lobos colours comes out and head's inside.

There is still just over half an hour before the deal proper starts, meaning you have time before a cape shows.

Meeting with Legion:
The meeting room is not unlike that in which you first met Singularity, a pair of armed guards in ragged cloth and improvised armour standing either side of the doorway. The room is round with a table and a number of chairs in the centre. The Legion capes are already there. The perimeter of the room itself is packed with rats.

As you peer in you find all present have picked up a greenish sheen to them, you, Rat King, even Legion themselves. "That's only Roid. His power is automatic." says Rat King, in an even tone.

Roid himself is sat at the table beside a Fractal. Five more of the later stand behind the first, close enough that the lines of their costumes make the whole blend together into one scintillating, eye-stinging, kaleidoscope mess. The Legion Capes wait for you all to begin the meeting.

Sønderjye
2017-06-14, 01:18 AM
Meeting with the Legion

Milla frowns behind the mask. Why had Rat King let these guys into the room first? Now our group would be in a disadvantage power wise because the Legion already had made the rooms theirs. She shoots Rat King a questioning look behind the mask but then realizes it might be intentional. They would be getting help from Rat King and his life could depend on that nobody found out.

Milla almost shivers in sheer joy when she feels Roid's power touch her. Yes! This was exactly what she wanted. Ideally she would get to get a fragment from Fractal but if nothing else she would be contend with Roid.

Fractal had arranged himself impressively. Very intimidating. Roid was here too. Where was Hurricane though?

Even with all that she can feel the binding knot in her stomach steadily increasing as she takes a seat and waits for Argus.

Writtensanity
2017-06-14, 02:08 AM
Saved I guess, I accidentally put my post meant for OOC here.

Dienekes
2017-06-14, 02:08 AM
The Meeting

Beneath his mask, Liam was smiling. This felt good, like old times. Sure the people were different, and the clothing was insane, but at the end of the day, it was just two gangs sitting down to discuss how to turn a profit and screw over the competition.

He walked into the room last and nodded to the Rat King and Shade.

"Roid, Fractal, thank the both of you for agreeing to see us on such short notice. And thank you, Rat King, for hosting this little meeting." Two of the three leaders, not bad for a meeting set up with next to no forewarning. "I know we're all busy men and women, so I will cut the pleasantries. The Legion is strong, and growing stronger. But with The Crew, and Los Lobos as your more natural enemies, and with new gangs such as The Fiends, The Nomads, and The Foundry trying to take their own piece without regards to who set up their claim first. We're in a time of disruption and opportunity. My partner and I asked for this meeting to see if our two organizations can make the most of these opportunities together."

One of the many new annoyances with the rise of the capes, Argus realized as he looked around the table, was that it is harder to gauge reactions when everybody was wearing a damn mask like they were all bank robbers out of a bad Western movie.

ThreadNecro5
2017-06-14, 02:40 PM
Meeting with Legion:

"And so you propose an alliance." states the sitting Fractal, letting no emotion show through his voice, although were one to judge by the accent he is a local. "Well, you know who we are, so let's get to an even footing we can negotiate from. Overall we want to know who you are. How many people have you, powered and not? Do you have ties to any other groups? I should warn you as a curtesy that if you're Elite You should clear out." He says all this matter of factly, putting on a reasonable air, be it real or not.

It is now that Roid speaks up. "Powers too. A big part of what you offer." he says slowly in is strongly accented voice, probably Chinese, rigorous in his pronunciation.

Fractal nods at this, agreeing with his teammates point.

Legion's Emotions:
Fractal's greatest feelings are not directed toward anyone in this room at all. Rather he shows something akin to disgust mixed with feelings of superiority. Whomever this is felt towards is a group of people instead of any individual.

Roid meanwhile is more clearly focused on the unknown capes before him, the movements of his eyes making curiosity radiating from him readily apparent.

Rakaydos
2017-06-15, 10:27 AM
Meth Lab Takeover:
You all stand hidden across the street from the building. The Lab is built in a bungalow, probably in the basement. Some low music can be heard from the open door and three cars are parked out in front, the only living things currently visible are the pair of dogs chained up in the yard and the big guy visible from the doorway, likely on watch. Even as you watch another car pulls up and a man in Lobos colours comes out and head's inside.

There is still just over half an hour before the deal proper starts, meaning you have time before a cape shows.

Meth Lab Takeover
"So what's the plan?" growled Chimera "Take out the Los Lobos guys? How hard do we take them out?"

Sønderjye
2017-06-16, 12:33 PM
Meeting with Legion

Shade VI felt a knot forming in her stomach. She didn't know. Nobody had told what their powers were except Chimera which were pretty obvious. But she couldn't say that. They would appear incompetent. And how would the Legion take it if she didn't share any of it. Behind her mask sweat started to appear on her face and in the back of her head she thanked herself for making sure that the costume consealed all of her. She shot a glance at Argus to see if he would take the lead.

Dienekes
2017-06-17, 10:43 PM
Liam noticed Shade's quick look to him. She seemed willing to let Argus take the lead. Good, it was a position he was comfortable with. And she had to realize that Roid was asking for the impossible.

"An alliance, is a bit formal. What i propose is more of a trial by fire, for both of us. You want your rival gangs gone, we want the same gang gone. It would be easiest to crush them with some coordination between our two groups. But, you're worried, suspicious even." How was he going to get around answering a question about information he didn't have, and people he had just met. How was he going to sell this bit of lunacy?

"You'd be fools not to be. But then, in our line of work it pays to be suspicious. However, instead of getting bogged down in the details about how there are five members of our core group, all with powers, and all that nonsense. I offer you a demonstration, of what we can do with only some of our members. Within the hour, you'll be hearing about a play against one of your main rivals. You'll see how a fraction of our gang works, and you'll see an opening from which you can strike at your enemies. After that, it's open season. If you are suitably impressed, we can hammer out a true alliance and I'll give you all the information you want. But if you aren't impressed, if you don't want to continue a relationship between our groups. I am still giving you a gift, a forward notice that one of your enemies is about to get weaker. And with that I won't take up any more of your time, so you can think up how to best exploit that oncoming weakness."

He hoped that the whole super villain flair for the dramatic was true. That the air of mystery would intrigue them. He usually preferred to work with details, and information to iron out contracts. But, if you have to be dramatic, it's best to go full out.

"Thank you gentlemen for your time, Rat King," he said with a nod. "Shade I believe we should be heading back to see our conquering heroes."

Writtensanity
2017-06-18, 03:37 AM
Meth Lab Takeover

Layne touched down back on the rooftop with the two capes she was pulling the caper with. There were guns down there, a lot of guns. There was a good chance that shock and awe could keep them from being useful but it was still an interesting proposition to go down there without too much backup. The suit Layne was wearing had been toted as some of the best in the business by the PRT, but she couldn't be manuverable while being bulletproof, and she was starting to regret being manuverable.

"We need to hit hard and fast," Layne finally answered after giving a short detail of what she'd seen while flying around, "if we can get the majority of them into one 45 footish area I can sweep the lot but... if they go inside I'm going to have to throw killing power at them to take down walls, and I'm not killing anyone tonight. Any suggestions for coralling? I have three shots at a time."

GameOfChampions
2017-06-18, 05:04 PM
Meth Lab Takeover

Jade nervously taps her fingers across her bicep as she holds her arm. "Well I can use some smoke grenades and I could try to start a fire to drive people a certain direction... though maybe not a fire what with all the drugs and stuff around. We should focus the Lobas guy though and watch out in case of any capes."

She shrugs and looks back towards the lab. "Well we should probably start off fast and soon. We don't want to just linger here too long."

Rakaydos
2017-06-18, 10:00 PM
"There's fire and then there's fire." commented Chimera, unslinging his new hunting rifle and checking the magazine- Rubber bullets, from Rat king's supply. "We have some long range and short range options. Can that suit take a bullet, Horizon? And... I'm sorry,Aspect, but I didnt catch your power?"

ThreadNecro5
2017-06-19, 03:05 PM
Meeting with Legion:
Rat King nods back as you do.

"A suitable offer." replies Fractal "We will be watching".

"Although, before you leave, Do you mind telling me where that symbol of your helmet is from? I am sure it looks familiar".

GameOfChampions
2017-06-19, 06:12 PM
"There's fire and then there's fire." commented Chimera, unslinging his new hunting rifle and checking the magazine- Rubber bullets, from Rat king's supply. "We have some long range and short range options. Can that suit take a bullet, Horizon? And... I'm sorry,Aspect, but I didnt catch your power?"

Jade forgets a little more before raising one of her hands to chest level and clenching it into a fist while it erupts into flames "Well this is my main power, I can light my fists on fire hot enough to cause some decent burns and every hit against a cape gets subsequently stronger. After a hit or two I can take out a regular cape and a few more beyond that can start taking down low to mid level brutes. Other then that I have some fire resistance, not enough to sit in a raging fire for several minutes bit enough to run through a fire without harm or take a blast without much damage. I like setting off incendiary grenades or Molotov cocktails in my hands or at my feet to disorient people."

Writtensanity
2017-06-20, 03:33 AM
The Takeover

"The only issue there is that I think we wanna avoid taking the place down. We probably need to keep you out of the initial strike and then bring you in as cleanup Aspect."

Layne turns back to the productive part of planning.

"Chimera, you drop some fire on the left side to get them running toward the front door, I'll hang above and drop a ball on them as they run toward the inside. Should clean up a lot of them and make sure that we open right. Aspect, I think you should get off the roof so you can jump in faster, but probably try to close distance on anyone that I haven't pinned in the yard while they're still confused. Worst comes to worst they start shooting at you and I can drop a ball in front of you to eat the bullets."

It all made sense, but no plan survived encounters with the enemy.

"Sound good?"

Sønderjye
2017-06-20, 09:17 AM
Meeting with the Legion

"Shade I believe we should be heading back to see our conquering heroes."

"Okay" Shade says, keeping her tone particularly young. She jumps out of the chair and turns to talk out of the room. She takes a few steps and then turns around to face the Legion. She leans into the table to reach over and extend a hand to the fractal mass.

Regardless of it he takes it she will do the same gesture to Roid and give Rat King a wave before following Argus.

This post were made under the assumption that Argus is leaving. Let me know if that isn't the case.
Also if they start talking to her/asking quetions she of course won't leave.

ThreadNecro5
2017-06-20, 01:36 PM
Fractal refuses the handshake. "Forgive the paranoia but we have leaned not to shake the hand of unknown capes." he states politely enough from the sitting him, while he gestures with a different body.

Roid meanwhile extends his arm after only a moments consideration, shaking firmly, if a little shakily.

Legion's Emotions:
Fractal is still focused on the same distant target but his feelings have shifted. Rather than the prior disgust his feelings have become amusement, if of a spiteful, mirthless sort.

Roid's mind seems mixed in thought, shifting between layers of suspicion directed at Shade VI and Argus, a want for an alliance, and the wish to do any little that will put himself in another good graces. Once making his decision he shows no real emotion other than a split second of relief that it was no trick.

Shade gains another exposure to Roid's power, making it 4/6

Rakaydos
2017-06-20, 10:50 PM
The Takeover

"The only issue there is that I think we wanna avoid taking the place down. We probably need to keep you out of the initial strike and then bring you in as cleanup Aspect."

Layne turns back to the productive part of planning.

"Chimera, you drop some fire on the left side to get them running toward the front door, I'll hang above and drop a ball on them as they run toward the inside. Should clean up a lot of them and make sure that we open right. Aspect, I think you should get off the roof so you can jump in faster, but probably try to close distance on anyone that I haven't pinned in the yard while they're still confused. Worst comes to worst they start shooting at you and I can drop a ball in front of you to eat the bullets."

It all made sense, but no plan survived encounters with the enemy.

"Sound good?"

Chimera looked assessingly over the area, and nodded. "Sounds reasonable. do you need to get into position?"

Sønderjye
2017-06-21, 10:53 AM
Meeting with Legion

In the back of Milla's mind she understood the rational but it was suppressed by a burning anger. How dared he deny her access to his power? She takes her hand back in a slow controlled motion and moves on to Roid.

When the cape extends his hand the anger goes away and is replaced with gratitude. She gives him an acknowledging nod.

With a wave to Rat King she exits the room

Post meeting talk

When the duo have gotten sufficiently far away from the room and any prying eyes she turns to Argus.

"In retrospective we probably should have shared what our powers are. Starting out, I have a number of minor powers. I get a warning just before I am in danger. I can read people's most dominant emotions and where they are directed. And on that topic Fractal's attention wasn't solely on us. I think that some other Fractals were close to some group that he doesn't like and something bad happened to the group, I don't know if Fractal caused it or just observed it. Also I gain information of a cape's power when I touch them or are affected by their power, mind if I show you?" She says and extends a hand, nowing fully well that rat King probably is listening in. He might be their ally now but his loyalty probably wouldn't last.

"Also this went way faster than I thought. How far do you think the others are?"

Dienekes
2017-06-24, 12:09 AM
Meeting with Legion:
Rat King nods back as you do.

"A suitable offer." replies Fractal "We will be watching".

"Although, before you leave, Do you mind telling me where that symbol of your helmet is from? I am sure it looks familiar".

Argus tensed, and turned to Fractal. He didn't remember any problems between his gang and the Crew. And Roid sounded Asian, gangs usually form around racial ties, perhaps Fractal was as well? Were they from an older Asian gang that the Razors?

"An homage to the long dead," Argus said. "My old family."

Post meeting talk

When the duo have gotten sufficiently far away from the room and any prying eyes she turns to Argus.

"In retrospective we probably should have shared what our powers are. Starting out, I have a number of minor powers. I get a warning just before I am in danger. I can read people's most dominant emotions and where they are directed. And on that topic Fractal's attention wasn't solely on us. I think that some other Fractals were close to some group that he doesn't like and something bad happened to the group, I don't know if Fractal caused it or just observed it. Also I gain information of a cape's power when I touch them or are affected by their power, mind if I show you?" She says and extends a hand, nowing fully well that rat King probably is listening in. He might be their ally now but his loyalty probably wouldn't last.

"Also this went way faster than I thought. How far do you think the others are?"

"We went into that meeting half-cocked," Liam agreed. "But, we got ourselves a little reprieve, and I will not make that mistake again."

Liam listened and nodded to Shade's description of her power, so if she touched him, she might be able to feel the dozen or so people he had targeted using his power. It would be interesting to see how she handles it. "Let's see what you can do" he says as he shakes her hand.

Writtensanity
2017-06-27, 05:46 PM
"I don't think that I need to get into position," Layne commented before hovering half a dozen inches off the rooftop, "or at least it won't take me much time."

Layne floated up off of the roof to the point where she was blocking the stars. She'd never thought about how silent 'falling' upward was, but it didn't exactly make much noise compared to some of the parahuman flight that she'd seen. Sure, she kept having to readjust her gravity to keep from flipping over, but that was second nature to her by now.

Below there were the men outside of the drug house, she just needed Chimera to fire the first shot. If they were lucky they could even take the den over before the first cape got here and give a member of the Lobos a slap around as a threat. If they were unlucky there was already a cape here that Layne hadn't seen in her flyover.

Layne pulled her phone out of her pocket and wiped the fog off of the screen before sending the 'all clear' down to Chimera.

GameOfChampions
2017-06-27, 11:01 PM
Jade nods along to Laynes plan, it made sense and used them to their advantage though she was a little nervous. After pulling on a baggy hoodie and jeans over her suit she hides her helmet in her bag that she slings over her shoulder. "All right I'll loiter in the ally until we make our move and then move in if I see an opening."

As she climbs down she sweats a little under her sweater and her mind starts to race a little 'Well here's hoping I don't take a bullet.'

Rakaydos
2017-06-28, 11:17 AM
Chimera had 30 rounds in the gun, plus 30 more in the spare tucked into his back pocket. Rubber bullets, mostly nonlethal. For a distraction he was going to need to cause some noise.

Racking the gun to chamber the first round, he looked down the iron sights, head and gun moving as a unit as he examined the possibilities.

After a moment, he clicked the weapon off Safe, folded his ears, paused his breathing, and squeezed...

The first shot ricocheted loudly off the vehical's hubcap. Re aiming, Chimera put the second into one of the ground floor windows- better than even odds the rubber bullets wouldnt penetrate, though it would definately star the glass. Another window that had an angle on his position, also shot.

The bangs wernt QUITE as loud as a full charge deer round, but the enclosing buildings echoed and focused the sound. Los Lobos definately knew they were here.

Sønderjye
2017-06-28, 02:01 PM
Post meeting talk

"I think you did good though, everything considered. I don't think that I would have been able to think something like that up on the spot." She says in a praising voice.

When given the chance to touch Argus hand she takes the opportunity enthusiasticly: "Did you mark any of our teammembers? It would be nice to know what they were doing."

ThreadNecro5
2017-06-30, 01:49 PM
Meth Lab Takeover:

Shortly after the first shot hits some of the gang members inside can be heard speaking. As the other shots hit more speak up and overall volume increases.

The first to exit the building is the notably large man who acts as the apparent guard for the lab. He creeps out from the door a little to look around before, followed by the guy who just entered, storming from the door and into the cover of the nearby cars. Each of the two people are behind a different car and have pistols at the ready. Once of the people fire off a warning shot to nowhere specific.

Concurrently more people take up decent lines of fire at the two windows. At least three in total; At the shot window it can be confidently said that there are two with one person toting a rifle using the but of the gun to shatter the glass already showing a spider's web of fractures, with another one or two poking a part of a limb from their rudimentary cover.

"Right! Whatever Mother******* are out there better show yourselves!" Shouts out the guard from his cover. "Aquí antes de causar problemas!" he adds, likely reaffirming his statement.

Dienekes
2017-06-30, 08:45 PM
"No," Argus muttered. "If there are too many marks near me, it hurts. I didn't know anything about any of you, so I didn't know who would be the best to mark. But it would have been useful."

Rakaydos
2017-07-01, 12:55 PM
Chimera spotted the other gun, and his heartrate rose, his sight picture jumping slightly every beat. Probably wasnt armed with nonlethal like his was, either. Still, it seemed like the spics hadnt spotted him yet, so he had plenty of time.
His heart was unconvinced, and Chimera focused on it. Other options appeared in his mind's eye, and Chimera shifted to a new heart- less performace, but not so noisy. His sight picture steadied. He'd have to change it before running... or even walking, but for lying in an alleyway with a rifle it was fine.
Taking aim at the window, Chimera waited for rifleman to show himself, or at least a hand on a rifle. If Horizon was flying around he had a better angle on the cars from above. Chimera would suppress the enemy rifle, keep it out of the fight.
3 bullets spent in the distraction, 27 to go. Ready for 2 more when the enemy rifle comes up.

Sønderjye
2017-07-01, 01:32 PM
Post Meeting Talk

"Mhh, that makes sense."

"Hey, how do you think the others are doing? Should we go check on them?

ThreadNecro5
2017-07-04, 03:49 PM
Meth Lab Takeover:

The gangbanger with the rifle fails to show for some seconds after nothing of note happens. Then he appears, using the butt of the rifle to shatter the window and get a better line of fire to aim from. His failure is that in doing so he has left half his torso, his head, and an arm, vulnerable for three long seconds. Chimera takes the shot.

The gunman drops from the hit. He took it square in the collarbone. Despite all the other noise a faint scream of pain can be heard for a couple seconds.

Meanwhile the two guys behind the cars react, adjusting their angle slightly and giving another yelled warning over the barking of chained dogs.

"Hey! Out here now and we can settle things with just a beating! The Boss'll not be so nice when he gets here"!

GameOfChampions
2017-07-06, 09:27 PM
Jade grimaces, there were a lot of bullets flying around and she did not have a way to get close or anything. She pulls out a pair of smoke grenades from her belt and throws off the hoodie and jeans she had put over her costume. The petite women edges her way closer to the end of the ally and then proceeds to lob the grenades in an arc to try and cover the street in front of the alley as well as the area in front of the building with the man yelling.

ThreadNecro5
2017-07-08, 01:53 PM
Meth Lab Takeover:
Aspect's tosses could certainly have been better but thankfully the nature of the devices give plenty of room for error.

"Grenade!" shouts one of the men behind the cars, diving to the ground for cover.
"****" curses the other, suddenly making a dash for the door and trying a few pot-shots at the direction the grenades came from.

The smoke begins to fill the area. The people at the windows make use of some blind fire to no real effect beyond the occasional broken window. No further rifles appear to take the place of the gangsters' first casualty.

Only a little later, in which there is no sign of the remaining man within the cloud, do the two dogs come running out.

GameOfChampions
2017-07-08, 09:13 PM
Jade shrugs as the smoke drives the gangsters back inside, 'Huh that worked better then I thought.' Then she ducks a little further back as she hears some blind shots firing out.

However shortly after she hears the barking she looks in Chimeras direction "You any good with dogs? Or at least taking them down?"

As they get closer she lights up her fists, the dogs weren't Parahumans or Parahuman made but it would help a bit at least and maybe they would be scared by the fire. She also moves an incendiary grenade to the front of her belt so she can get it easier if needed. She readies herself in a crouch ready to punch the first dog she sees in the face.

Dienekes
2017-07-09, 12:06 AM
Post Meeting Talk

"They better be doing good. I more or less staked our entire future on them not messing this up." He hoped that they were more prepared for their mission than he had been for his. Somehow he doubted it.

"We may as well at least try to get to them. Backup, if nothing else."

ThreadNecro5
2017-07-09, 04:02 PM
Meth Lab Takeover:

The dogs continue charging for the ally, sniffing out its contents. The first of the pit-bulls charges into the ally, heading for Aspect. While the lunge connects the effects are minimal, only a few teeth slipping between the armour to jab at her knee. The other dog also makes it's way into the ally but hang back, only making a passing effort at biting a flank. Perhaps it is the more timid of the two, or maybe it is just the flames.

All the while there is a short lived lull in the gunfire.

Rakaydos
2017-07-10, 08:47 PM
Meth lab takeover (busy weekend)

Chimera watched the two dogs approach and popped off two shots at the first one. As he pivoted to engage the second one, he was already reversing his, aheh, change of heart, and his next pair of shots had a more erratic sight picture.

First dog (with power-boosted accuracy): [roll0]
Second dog (distracted by transitioning to a form better suited to melee, while shooting): [roll1]

ThreadNecro5
2017-07-18, 01:17 PM
Meth Lab Takeover:
The gunfire starts up again. Those in the right vantage point can see that some of the gangsters inside have exited and taken up firing positions to fire at the ally. Thankfully the gunfire has little more effect than motivating the dogs.

Of them the more aggressive decides to take another snap at Aspect, this time managing to rough up her ankle a little. At this rate that leg will suffer heavy bruising.

The second rushes Chimera, whose first shot misses, and manages to knock the rifle away with it's lunge, the shot hitting a lamppost. Chimera is knocked to the ground, dog on top sinking teeth into his bicep and rife a foot away.

GameOfChampions
2017-07-18, 02:34 PM
Aspect grunts in pain, she'd have to get over hitting a dog later. She flares her fists and throws two hard jabs down right at the dogs snout and forehead while clenching her jaw to stop from wincing at the pain. "Stupid animal!"

First punch: [roll0]
Second punch: [roll1]

Rakaydos
2017-07-21, 02:16 AM
Chimera snarled in pain, his new heart pounding in his ears. His hands grew claws in a few seconds as he rolled over on top of the dog, then he slashed at the animal's neck. No mercy.

ThreadNecro5
2017-07-26, 01:49 PM
Meth Lab Takeover:
With Chimera's slash the beast's jugular is torn open. It thrashes in the arterial geyser for a few seconds before falling still.

Aspect's yet-living foe darts back for a moment on hearing the dying wine of its companion, granting a moment of breathing room. It is not long before it is at you again and it scores a solid wound in the upper thigh, canines scraping through the softer material of her costumes' joint. At the time it charges in she also lands a burning blow to its head. After the hound once again back off it is clearly experiencing difficulty with it's jaw.

Meanwhile the quaintly of the shooting outside is swiftly becoming laughable and continuing to worsen. One man's head peaks out from the mouth of the ally before jumping way a second later.

"Capes!" the man screams back at his fellows.

Rakaydos
2017-08-04, 08:07 PM
Snarling, Chimera rolled over to his dropped weapon, awkwardly slung it over his shoulder despite his claws, and took a grip on the alleyway wall to pull himself back to his feet. "Where the hell is horizon?" he growled, slashing at the other dog.

ThreadNecro5
2017-08-06, 01:15 PM
Meth Lab Takeover:
A turning point in the brawl seems to occur. The remaining dog decides to turn tail and flee toward its master and the gunmen's accuracy fails to improve, the later point not helped by half their number stopping shooting to advance up in force.

Horizon-E finally sees the opening she's been looking for and drops a pair of her gravitational singularities. One is toward the cars still being sheltered towards and results in most of the Los Lobos there getting sucked in and knocking a few cars around. The noise of this distracts the mob heading towards the ally long enough for the other of the singularities landing behind them leaving a pile of groaning bodies, a couple still shooting to no effect as bullets are launched all ways.

Argus and Shade VI:
As the two of you near the lab you hear a sudden noise for a split second. Nearing closer you see the pair of special distortions that Horizon-E made. You are at the mouth of an ally facing towards the meth lab, just across the road.

Sønderjye
2017-08-07, 06:41 PM
Meth Lab Takeover

Milla's body freezes up hearing the gunshots and seeing the blood on Chimera and Aspect. Frozen with indecision she just stands in the alley and watches, terrified. This suddenly had become a lot more real.

Sønderjye
2017-09-05, 05:50 AM
After the Methlab Takeover was concluded Speed-demon and Bounce showed up. A brutal cape-fight ensues, one which Milla hides from.

Bounce being a recent trigger does something stupid and accidentally stabs herself though the leg. Speed-Demon decides he needs to flee and drag his teammate somewhere for medical attention but not before getting in a cheep shot and, thanks to wielding a Freddy Kruger-style knife gauntlet, gets an serious injury on Aspect. When Speed-demon runs away he runs past Shade VI and his localised field of time affects him on the way out.

Shade VI could have gotten a touch of Speed-Demon during this, or he ran past, which could count as an exposure to his power (a localised field of accelerated time).

After this Rat King or Gator appears to offer some discrete help and provides a car and the contact details of a doctor to treat the wounded. Chimera, Argus, and Aspect go to the doctor to treat their wounds while Horizon-e and Shade VI stay behind to sort things out at the lab.

Meanwhile at the doctor the team members sent there just up and disappear along with the doctor. I know what would happen in this scenario but am keeping it hidden as a plot thing that can come up.

Back at base Horizon-e, after watching a teammate get pretty-much disembowelled by Speed-Demon, decides she is not cut out for this and has to return home.

Suggestion: What about if the Meth Lab Takeover was successful but now there's nobody to hold it? Maybe they transported some goods/money back to base but there weren't anybody to free, so no minions just yet. Thoughts? Anything else we should touch on before continueing?

Meth Lab Aftermatch

Back at base Milla is curled up in a corner of the fancy looking place, her back against the wall and her arms wrapped around her knees. Horizon had left earlier, the others hadn't returned from the doctor yet and she was all alone. 'It wouldn't matter if they had been here anyway, they probably wouldn't talk to me. Not after my complete failure in the fight against speed-demon.' She dug her head into her arms as if trying to hide herself from the world. Her cheeks were wet but there were no more tears to cry. 'Maybe if I had helped fight speed-demon Jane wouldn't have been hurt. Maybe if I had told them about how I can copy powers I could have protected her. Like if I had just gone to Face I could have told Chimera and Jane could have been a lot tougher.'

There was a pause in her thoughts and somehow in the midst of her sorrow she realized.

'Maybe I should do that' the thought was liberating. She tried tasting the words. 'Maybe I should do that' and again 'I should do that'. A smile slowly crept over her face. A kind of smile that hadn't been seen there for many years. A kind of smile someone who made a decision for themselves. A smile of determination.

Plastic Surgery

Milla took all of the $2000 they had gotten from singularity with her from the base. She had looked up the options that Face provided one more time and found a few fitting picture online that she would show her. She had had the presense of mind to take the time to shower and to swing by a shop on the way to purchase new cloth. Surely Face would have started asking questions if a stinky homeless walked in with hundreds of dollars.

Now standing outside of the clinique her stomach tightens and she feels the strongest urge to turn around and run away. 'What if she is onto me?' is the most recuring thought but other doubts are present too.

She takes a moment to remember why she is here and pictures the admiration on the faces on her teamates. With as determined steps she can muster she walks forwards and opens the door.