PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Mobile feat and Rogue class

Vorok
2017-05-27, 02:45 PM
Hi, I was looking at the Mobile feat, and was wondering, one of its bonuses is: "When you use the Dash action, difficult terrain doesn’t cost you extra movement on that turn."

Does that apply when a rogue uses Dash as a bonus action (through Cunning action)?

Findulidas
2017-05-27, 02:50 PM
Hi, I was looking at the Mobile feat, and was wondering, one of its bonuses is: "When you use the Dash action, difficult terrain doesn’t cost you extra movement on that turn."

Does that apply when a rogue uses Dash as a bonus action (through Cunning action)?

Yes. Cunning action only change it to using a bonus action, the ability itself stays the same.

Vorok
2017-05-27, 03:02 PM
Yes. Cunning action only change it to using a bonus action, the ability itself stays the same.

Thank you!

Hrugner
2017-05-27, 09:46 PM
Look at the charger feat for how it would be worded for cunning action not to work with it. "When you use your action to dash..." rather than "when you take the dash action".

Vorok
2017-05-28, 12:31 AM
Look at the charger feat for how it would be worded for cunning action not to work with it. "When you use your action to dash..." rather than "when you take the dash action".

The Charger feat was more clear, because logically, if you use bonus action to dash, you can't use another bonus action for the attack/shove.

The mobile feat is simply granting the movement freedom, but, imo, isn't clear whether the freedom is granted on a ba Dash as well. (Or wasn't clear until this thread.)

Coffee_Dragon
2017-05-28, 12:34 AM
Although the reason Charger is written that way is because the trigger could only be action use anyway, since the effect itself uses the bonus action. (I guess technically it closes the door on reaction-based Dashes.)