PDA

View Full Version : Needing some ideas for finishing off a build

mabriss lethe
2017-05-27, 08:17 PM
I'm currently in a game where I'm playing a warblade 2/wu jen3. I'm prepping for entry into Jade Phoenix mage in a few levels. My current build out will be Warblade 2/ Wu jen 4/ JPM 10/ X4. That's where a run into a bit of a problem. Where to go from here. I have several ideas, but none I'm completely married to.

-I know that with the extra level of warblade, my current build will cap at 8th level spells. I'm fine with that. We have two other full casters in the party, a wizard and a cleric, who will probably not be interested in exiting into a PrC. Part of the job I've taken on is sort of a "show them the kind of things they should/could be pulling off without overshadowing them" Being a perpetual spell level behind them seems like a fair trade. As long as I get enough 7th level spells to pull off wu jen shenanigans, I'll be fine. Multiple PRC Dipping is somewhat frowned upon, so I'm keeping my build down to one extra prc after completing JPM.

-We may wind up going into epic levels, if we do I plan on urging the GM to avoid epic spellcasting, or find some alternative because it's just too broken.

Here are the basics for filling out the last 4 levels.
1. Archmage: Pretty standard stuff for a Body outside of Body build. Take the SLA option every level and add goodies that my clones can throw around. Downside is that I'd have to start meeting feat prereqs immediately to be able to enter in a timely manner.

2. Void Disciple: More clone abuse this time focusing on using them to buff me via the Bobafeat build. I lose some caster levels that I'd rather keep, but I still stay within the range needed to get 8th level spells. I have a little more wiggle room feat-wise than archmage. If we make it all the way to epic level play (possible, but who knows for sure) I'm thinking I'll combine it with archmage for utter insanity.)

3. Mage of the Arcane Order: Stepping back from Body outside body shenanigans, it opens up a lot of lower level wizard spells that are useful and sorely missing from the Wu jen list.

4. Abjurant champion: Fairly easy prerequisites so I don't have to worry about being feat starved and i can explore some other options easily and some nice toys, too. I don't get quite as much mileage out of it as other builds might, and I don't want to delay entry into JPM to knock it out of the way first. No real need to finish it either since I don't think my BAB will be too different from my caster level. It's good, I'm just not sold on it.

Do any of the playgrounders here have any suggestions besides these, or arguments for or against the ones I've already listed.