PDA

View Full Version : Artifacts and where to find them.

Aerlock
2007-08-02, 04:40 PM
I'm about to start an Epic level (30) campaign shortly, and the DM has said that we could have something on the power level of a minor artifact above and beyond our normal WBL. I'm playing a Psion and looking in the EPH, DMG, and MIC I can't seem to find anything that would be much good for me. So as a result I'm coming here and asking for assistance in finding a source of Artifacts, high powered magic items, or just a collection of inspiration to make up my own. Anyone got any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance,

Aerlock

Collin152
2007-08-02, 04:53 PM
Whenever I hear "Minor Artifact", my mind goes right to the philosopher's stone. Probably doesn't help you much, but man I love that rock.

blue_fenix
2007-08-02, 05:20 PM
Tome of Artifacts, with entries written by the Giant himself. Also, weapons of legacy for inspiration. The actual crunch of WoL is kinda lame, but the ideas are cool.

Randel
2007-08-02, 05:38 PM
Everfull Purse,

One item that can be useful to absolutely anyone.

PhallicWarrior
2007-08-02, 05:59 PM
You might try the One Ring, I hear its a hit at parties!

Belteshazzar
2007-08-02, 08:09 PM
Ruby Rod of Asmondous is always a blast.

Good luck getting it though because unlike Orcus he doesn't just leave it lying around.

But at your level your whole party should have a decent chance of going up against the Lord of Hell (if you catch him in an alley, with his pants down, and his interplaner cell phone is dead ,and you can take a holy cricket bat to his kneecaps.)

Callos_DeTerran
2007-08-02, 08:33 PM
Ruby Rod of Asmondous is always a blast.

Good luck getting it though because unlike Orcus he doesn't just leave it lying around.

But at your level your whole party should have a decent chance of going up against the Lord of Hell (if you catch him in an alley, with his pants down, and his interplaner cell phone is dead ,and you can take a holy cricket bat to his kneecaps.)

Puny mortals. Asmodeus already knows of your puny plan and has three archdevils, his million legion of pit fiends, a batman wizard, and 15 contingencys in place for when you catch him. (which he planned for)

....Sides the Ruby Rod of Asmodeus is a MAJOR artifact. >.>

Belteshazzar
2007-08-02, 09:06 PM
Puny mortals. Asmodeus already knows of your puny plan and has three archdevils, his million legion of pit fiends, a batman wizard, and 15 contingencys in place for when you catch him. (which he planned for)

....Sides the Ruby Rod of Asmodeus is a MAJOR artifact. >.>

Curses, Smithers call in all the boys. We are going to need them all for this one. Yes, even the Dopplegangsters. Whats that, Cthuhlu can't answer his phone, well get his roommate Ghunadaur to take a message and call us back. Now where is that Candle of Invocation I need to cut a deal with the City of Brass for some solders. Oh and while I am gone don't forget to feed the Couatls they like Burritos and Texmex.

Cybren
2007-08-02, 09:17 PM
How about a deck of many things and an item to cast augury.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-08-03, 01:00 AM
Curses, Smithers call in all the boys. We are going to need them all for this one. Yes, even the Dopplegangsters. Whats that, Cthuhlu can't answer his phone, well get his roommate Ghunadaur to take a message and call us back. Now where is that Candle of Invocation I need to cut a deal with the City of Brass for some solders. Oh and while I am gone don't forget to feed the Couatls they like Burritos and Texmex.

Do you really want to see the kind of blackmail Big A will pull out to stop Cthuhlu? I didn't think so. :smallwink:

'Sides...you can never beat the lord of the dance! (>.> No really. The one rendition of Asmodeus I saw had a +89 modifier in Perform (Dance). It'll be so beautiful you'll lose all hope of seeing any better dance and fall into deep depression...after your head explodes from the sheer awesome of his tap dance :smalltongue: I had a great laugh when I saw that...and an odd hope to see the design the same people had for Demogorgon to see if the Prince of Demons had Proffession (Baking) ))

Er...but I've fallen off topic.

Swooper
2007-08-03, 07:26 AM
Do you really want to see the kind of blackmail Big A will pull out to stop Cthuhlu? I didn't think so. :smallwink:

'Sides...you can never beat the lord of the dance! (>.> No really. The one rendition of Asmodeus I saw had a +89 modifier in Perform (Dance). It'll be so beautiful you'll lose all hope of seeing any better dance and fall into deep depression...after your head explodes from the sheer awesome of his tap dance :smalltongue: I had a great laugh when I saw that...and an odd hope to see the design the same people had for Demogorgon to see if the Prince of Demons had Proffession (Baking) ))

Er...but I've fallen off topic.
You made my day man. Asmodeus tapdancing. Priceless. :smallbiggrin:

mostlyharmful
2007-08-03, 07:32 AM
personally it's the image of bursting into Demogorgans lair to find the Prince of the abyss with hot gloves on and an apron with a fresh batch of biscuits on a hot tray.... :smallconfused:

Edit: and it doesn't matter how awesome asmodeus is a t tap, he still doesn't seem half as disturbing as Michael Flatley

NephandiMan
2007-08-04, 11:05 AM
Tapdancing Asmodeus makes me think of the demon who came to Sunnydale in the musical episode of Buffy. You know, the genius who thought it would be a good idea to make the Slayer's sister his demon queen. *facepalm*

Callos_DeTerran
2007-08-04, 12:19 PM
Tapdancing Asmodeus makes me think of the demon who came to Sunnydale in the musical episode of Buffy. You know, the genius who thought it would be a good idea to make the Slayer's sister his demon queen. *facepalm*

'Cept ya know...not a retarded genius.

personally it's the image of bursting into Demogorgans lair to find the Prince of the abyss with hot gloves on and an apron with a fresh batch of biscuits on a hot tray.... :smallconfused:

What if it was the biscuit of ultimate evil, destined to destroy the multiverse with it's demonic tastiness? Would that make you feel better?:smallbiggrin:

The Glyphstone
2007-08-04, 12:33 PM
I hope we're talking about the lame-duck WoTC Asmodeous printed in the Fiendish Codex....Dicefreaks has a much better rendition IMO, and that utter monstrosity isn't going down to any group of 30's...maybe to some 70's or 80's, and that's pushing it.:smallbiggrin:

EDIT: On topic...if you can't find anything else, see if the DM will allow you a Sutra of Tranquil Thought. Starting one level higher than the rest of the party isn't bad, if they get minor artifacts to keep.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-08-04, 12:45 PM
I hope we're talking about the lame-duck WoTC Asmodeous printed in the Fiendish Codex....Dicefreaks has a much better rendition IMO, and that utter monstrosity isn't going down to any group of 30's...maybe to some 70's or 80's, and that's pushing it.:smallbiggrin:

Nope. It be the Dicefreaks Asmodeous that has the +89 modifier in perform (dance). Which is why I found it so utterly funny.

Xefas
2007-08-04, 01:04 PM

EDIT: On topic...if you can't find anything else, see if the DM will allow you a Sutra of Tranquil Thought. Starting one level higher than the rest of the party isn't bad, if they get minor artifacts to keep.

I think the one in the Fiendish Codex is only his avatar/aspect, much like the one in Miniature's Handbook, only better.

I also believe its the Fiendish Codex that mentions why Asmodeus is impossible to kill; its the reason all those good deities don't just divine-pimp-slap him to death. For one, if he dies, the balance of the universe is thrown out of whack, Hell is annhilated, the Abyss has no balancing factor, and the demons overrun all of existence, killing all living things and occupying the gods to such a degree that they are unable to focus any attention on recreating creation without them being consumed as well.

Inyssius Tor
2007-08-04, 02:33 PM
It would be pretty freaking awesome to get twelve (or so) people together, and storm Baator and the Abyss simultaneously. The Abyss side of the quest might take some work to render possible, though.

Arbitrarity
2007-08-04, 02:40 PM
Guuuh! The epicness!

Seriously. Dicefreaks Asmodeus, unless you have about +80 on saves, will kill you horrifically. On the other hand, if you have +80 on saves, you might live. For a while.

PsyBlade
2007-08-04, 03:56 PM
Can I get a link to DF Asmodeus, please?

Edit: Found.